Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's probably an organizational technique that he learned to help mitigate the effects of his stutter.

I don't get the stuttering excuse. I've seen countless footage of him in his younger years speaking very smoothly and intelligently. I never once seen him stutter.

Even the debates he never stuttered. 

Now he does this...

"Look...nevermind...."

As though he completely loses thought. It's really bad now. 

Just now, Best said:

I don't get the stuttering excuse. I've seen countless footage of him in his younger years speaking very smoothly and intelligently. I never once seen him stutter.

Now he does this...

"Look...nevermind...."

You know how like, when you’re in your 20s, you have a lot of energy, can run 5ks, 10ks, marathons, and your knees feel great the next day?

When you get older, those knees don’t work as well anymore.

Same with drinking. In your 20s you can go all night pounding beers and get up for work 2 hours later with barely a hangover.

When you get older, those hangovers last for days.

When you get older, the speech crutches get less effective over time.

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

You know how like, when you’re in your 20s, you have a lot of energy, can run 5ks, 10ks, marathons, and your knees feel great the next day?

When you get older, those knees don’t work as well anymore.

Same with drinking. In your 20s you can go all night pounding beers and get up for work 2 hours later with barely a hangover.

When you get older, those hangovers last for days.

When you get older, the speech crutches get less effective over time.

I see. It's amazing just watching Biden from 10 years ago. He's aged tremendously which a job like that will do to you. 

5 minutes ago, Best said:

I see. It's amazing just watching Biden from 10 years ago. He's aged tremendously which a job like that will do to you. 

The only one that doesn't age is Trump bc he's too fucking dumb to be affected

Also when you're an idiot you have way more options that a smart person would have omitted and not even tried

Holy shit that dumb ass idea worked again!? - Liberals

Now I was kind of using myself as an example with the running thing. I’m pushing 40 now and my knees do get a little creaky.

Drinking? Forget it. I don’t get hangovers unless I mix my lights and darks like an idiot.

1 hour ago, legend said:

I realize this is a superficial complaint in comparison to all the massive problems we're facing, but is anyone else getting a little tired of hearing Biden say "number 1. ... number 2." It's verging on a verbal tick with how often he frames arguments that way. Please find some other ways to make points.

57 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's probably an organizational technique that he learned to help mitigate the effects of his stutter.

39 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Wade is right, though. He's been doing "Number 1, number 2" all my life. Look at his 2008/2012 VP debates. Here's parts of the 08 transcript:

"BIDEN: The charge is absolutely not true. Barack Obama did not vote to raise taxes. The vote she’s referring to, John McCain voted the exact same way. It was a budget procedural vote. John McCain voted the same way. It did not raise taxes. Number two, using the standard that the governor uses..."

"We call that fairness number one. Number two fact, 95 percent of the small businesses in America....

"John McCain said as early as last December, quote — I’m paraphrasing — “I’m surprised about this subprime mortgage crisis,” number one. Number two, with regard to bankruptcy now...."

"BIDEN: Absolutely. Absolutely we do. We call for setting hard targets, number one…"

"The only odd man out here, only one left out is John McCain, number one. Number two, with regard to Barack Obama not — quote — “funding the troops,” John McCain voted the exact same way."

That's just some of them.

Neither one of them are as sharp as they used to be.  Biden acts like an old man and having a stutter makes the perception worse.  Trump speaks forcefully, or at least close enough to the microphone to make it seem forceful, he's practically eating that thing.  He puts out the pudding brain shit constantly, the right just doesn't care and there's so much else that it ranks as little more than an aside with the media.  Injecting bleach, the late great Hannibal Lector, Tim Apple/Marylin Lockheed, JD Mandel, the British fighting in the airports in the War of 1812.  He'll just ramble endlessly drifting from one topic to another.  I'd go so far as to say Biden is better at keeping on topic than Trump, he loses the thread a lot, but doesn't just kind of start talking about dishwashers and shit.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

39 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Neither one of them are as sharp as they used to be.  Biden acts like an old man and having a stutter makes the perception worse.  Trump speaks forcefully, or at least close enough to the microphone to make it seem forceful, he's practically eating that thing.  He puts out the pudding brain shit constantly, the right just doesn't care and there's so much else that it ranks as little more than an aside with the media.  Injecting bleach, the late great Hannibal Lector, Tim Apple/Marylin Lockheed, JD Mandel, the British fighting in the airports in the War of 1812.  He'll just ramble endlessly drifting from one topic to another.  I'd go so far as to say Biden is better at keeping on topic than Trump, he loses the thread a lot, but doesn't just kind of start talking about dishwashers and shit.

Remember when Trump implied that Frederick Douglas was still alive and was being "recognized more and more" and people laughed and moved on like 20 minutes later to the next insane and/or stupid shit he did or said? Good times.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

The only one that doesn't age is Trump bc he's too fucking dumb to be affected

Also when you're an idiot you have way more options that a smart person would have omitted and not even tried

Holy shit that dumb ass idea worked again!? - Liberals

you actually have to do the job of president for it to age you, Trump just played golf and watched fox news for most of his 4 years

• True 1

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Remember when Trump implied that Frederick Douglas was still alive and was being "recognized more and more" and people laughed and moved on like 20 minutes later to the next insane and/or stupid shit he did or said? Good times.

It sucks, the expectations are so low for him that with him anything goes.  And also, I'm convinced he barely has a voice.  Biden, like every other (not Trump) president has the two microphones down at lower chest level on the podium when he speaks.  Trump made them change it and they attached that long goose neck mic stand so that the microphone is like an inch from his mouth.

TJY3LWJU4ZDPNGXMQXCVHEWZ2Y.jpgweb17-trumppodiumarmsspread-1160x768.jpg

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

It sucks, the expectations are so low for him that with him anything goes.  And also, I'm convinced he barely has a voice.  Biden, like every other (not Trump) president has the two microphones down at lower chest level on the podium when he speaks.  Trump made them change it and they attached that long goose neck mic stand so that the microphone is like an inch from his mouth.

TJY3LWJU4ZDPNGXMQXCVHEWZ2Y.jpgweb17-trumppodiumarmsspread-1160x768.jpg

Trump likes to be reminded of penis.

Hence, the way he dances:

Village People Dancing GIF by de chinezen

^^^

Jerking off two dudes at once

• Sicko 1

2 hours ago, Best said:

Now he does this...

"Look...nevermind...."

Reminds me of this scene from the Office:

• Haha 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

At this point, I'm really guessing that Jill and Hunter have more influence than his staff.

at this point a lot of his staff can be making real world "presidential" decisions and we wouldn't know, its unlikely they would want to give up that kind of power especially since they have completely complicit in covering up Biden's state for the last couple of years. It is the like staffers that were Weekend at Bernies'ing Feinstein in the last years of her term and telling her what to vote.

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

At this point, I'm really guessing that Jill and Hunter have more influence than his staff.

I'm having trouble finding the link but apparently Jill is adamant that if he gets chased off the ticket the enduring memory of him will be the debate. :/

Yeah, sure Jill, Joe losing and ending American democracy in the process is a much better enduring memory. 

This whole situation is such garbage. Biden should probably step aside, except the person who'll be stepping in isn't likely to do much better in the actual election even without the issues of age-optics that Biden has. Biden's team should be shot into the sun for multiple reasons, and one of those reasons is picking possibly the least charismatic VP possible.

• Halal 2

North Star Wisconsin poll

Trump 46% Biden 44%

Trump 48% Harris 47%

Baldwin 49% Hovde 41%

I honestly don't know what to make of polls where more people choose between Harris/Trump than Trump/Biden.  The only thing that makes sense is the small amount of people who are Biden or die upset people want harris saying they'll vote for Trump, and RFK people jumping to harris cause they don't like biden?

Biden should have announced like a year ago he was not going to run again. He would have gone out a hero, the dems could have had a full primary and most likely whomever they picked would have curb stomped trump and coasted to an easy victory.

And yes, picking Harris 4 years ago was a huge mistake. She was wild unpopular in the primary. She just isn't very likable or charismatic or compelling.

If they had a really strong VP right now this situation would be way less dire.

• Halal 2

WWW.NOTUS.ORG

The call ended abruptly after Rep. Mike Levin asked Biden to withdraw from the race. Soon after, Levin formally called on Biden to step down as the nominee.

For starters, Biden showed up an hour late to the Zoom call, according to a source familiar with the meeting, and it didn’t get much better from there.

Organizers of the Zoom meeting had said only two members were allowed to ask questions — Reps. Sylvia Garcia and Lou Correa — but Biden opened the floor up to more questions, the source familiar with the call told NOTUS. At least the president tried to open up the meeting to more questions.

The source said leaders of Bold PAC — the political arm of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus — tightly controlled who could ask a question. Reps. Gabe Vasquez and Marie Gluesenkamp Perez both used the “raise hand” feature on the Zoom call, and both had their hands lowered by organizers of the call and were not allowed to speak, the source said.

But one Democrat who did get to speak was Rep. Mike Levin. Levin’s question, however, was more of a comment: He said it was time for someone else to lead the party, and he called on Biden to step down.

According to the source, Biden responded to Levin’s comment. The host tried to end the meeting, but Biden said he had time for one more question. Despite the president trying to take another question, the host — Rep. Linda T. Sánchez — ended the meeting anyway.

This is getting embarrassing. 

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Wade is right, though. He's been doing "Number 1, number 2" all my life. Look at his 2008/2012 VP debates. Here's parts of the 08 transcript:

"BIDEN: The charge is absolutely not true. Barack Obama did not vote to raise taxes. The vote she’s referring to, John McCain voted the exact same way. It was a budget procedural vote. John McCain voted the same way. It did not raise taxes. Number two, using the standard that the governor uses..."

"We call that fairness number one. Number two fact, 95 percent of the small businesses in America....

"John McCain said as early as last December, quote — I’m paraphrasing — “I’m surprised about this subprime mortgage crisis,” number one. Number two, with regard to bankruptcy now...."

"BIDEN: Absolutely. Absolutely we do. We call for setting hard targets, number one…"

"The only odd man out here, only one left out is John McCain, number one. Number two, with regard to Barack Obama not — quote — “funding the troops,” John McCain voted the exact same way."

That's just some of them.

Yeah I can believe this is not new. It’s just very noticeable at the moment with increased exposure. 

Biden had the crowd at this speech hootin' and hollerin' and chanting "We got your back!" at this speech, and at the same time a House Democrat is still anonymously talking about assembling "the Super Friends" (????) to convince him to leave. This is such a huge fuckin' mess. If he was going to be forced out, there needed to a critical mass of people speaking on the record about it within a matter of days. Anonymously saying "the super friends are gonna ask him politely to leave" while people are coming out getting hyped up for him doesn't help anybody.

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

A House Democrat says a high-powered group of “super friends” is being assembled to head to the White House and tell Biden it’s time to go.

3 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Biden had the crowd at this speech hootin' and hollerin' and chanting "We got your back!" at this speech, and at the same time a House Democrat is still anonymously talking about assembling "the Super Friends" (????) to convince him to leave. This is such a huge fuckin' mess. If he was going to be forced out, there needed to a critical mass of people speaking on the record about it within a matter of days. Anonymously saying "the super friends are gonna ask him politely to leave" while people are coming out getting hyped up for him doesn't help anybody.

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

A House Democrat says a high-powered group of “super friends” is being assembled to head to the White House and tell Biden it’s time to go.

As the old saying goes, "It's best to pull off the bandaid as slowly as possible."

• True 1

19 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

I'll be happier if Nancy and Chuck leave first.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Biden is KILLING it at this rally:

WWW.THREADS.NET

Biden: Poor Donald. He can't even watch tv this week because it's shark week.

Joe needs 2 or 3 performances like this per week leading up to the convention. That, coupled with the "no turning back" moment of nominating him might....MIGHT finally start to steer out of this nonstop skid we are on. Then, maybe, outlets will stop treating every slip off the tongue as proof that Joe is actively having a stroke on screen

The good news is that we are not yet at the point where the damage is permanent or even widespread. But time is running out.

The reality is that we're likely all stuck in the worst case scenario. Where Biden keeps having up and down performances where he does enough to stay in the race, but not well enough to assuage the doubts.

Hopefully at the very least the party still has enough discipline to fall in line once Biden is(probably) nominated.

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, I don't see how my life would drastically change if I lived in a blue state. I'd still be angry at the direction of the country and I wouldn't be able to afford as nice a lifestyle as I have here.

Guaranteed access to reproductive healthcare and respect for lgbtqi rights? 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Guaranteed access to reproductive healthcare and respect for lgbtqi rights? 

I’m in a position where I can at least afford to travel out of state if I need abortion access, but since my husband is fixed it likely won’t be an issue. 

The bigotry sucks, but I can ignore most of it and I’m in a straight passing relationship. 

at the end of the day, I don’t really want to sacrifice all I’ve made for myself here to start over new somewhere I can’t afford to maintain the lifestyle I enjoy so much now. 

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m in a position where I can at least afford to travel out of state if I need abortion access, but since my husband is fixed it likely won’t be an issue. 

The bigotry sucks, but I can ignore most of it and I’m in a straight passing relationship. 

at the end of the day, I don’t really want to sacrifice all I’ve made for myself here to start over new somewhere I can’t afford to maintain the lifestyle I enjoy so much now. 

I don't think a lot of people on the coasts realize how similar day to day life is

• True 1