Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

First dem senator to call for Biden to drop out, in a WaPo op Ed no less, Peter Welch from Vermont. Tomorrow Biden’s team, but not Biden, is supposed to meet with senate dems to get their support, don't think that's going to work. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/07/10/welch-biden-withdraw/

4 years younger than biden lol

Yeah, I’m beginning to wonder if the Dems even really want to win this election?  This level of indiscipline within the party sure makes it seem like they don’t.

Also L-O-L at anyone still arguing that the party is organizationally competent enough to run an orderly mini-primary for a new nominee in the next few weeks that would culminate in a smooth rally of the party around a single winner at the convention.  The past two weeks are proof positive that it would be a complete shitshow.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

5 hours ago, Haya Dune said:

I spent years defending Americans against claims like this. Decades, actually. Imagine my chagrin now. 

Americans have been this way my entire life. Bush beat Gore because “he looks like the type of guy I could have a beer with.”

To paraphrase Carlin, the problem with America is Americans.

• Sad 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

19 hours ago, sblfilms said:

My dear friend, not but a week before the debate the mainstream media was parroting the “cheap fakes” claims of the administration about the myriad video examples of Biden fumbling in public like he did at the debate. They were circling the wagons until the debate when people got to see it live and unedited, so there was no room for the hand waving about just how bad a shape he is in.

So much so that the lovely people on this very board, people who are more with what’s going on in the world than the average, were taking a dump on @Best for pointing out how bad Biden had become.

And the media was calling him, “The best Joe Biden ever!”, “He’s cogent, he’s the most cogent!”. It was a right wing talking point to believe your own eyes and ears. 

They cloistered Biden and gaslit anyone who asked questions about his cognitive decline, including the media. 

NYT actually talked about it some, and were attacked for it, basically saying it was baseless and they were just mad Biden wasn’t doing interviews, while ignoring WHY he wasn’t doing interviews.

literally anyone is better than Trump, but now we’re in a situation where the DNC being underwater is of their own choosing.

8 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Yeah, I’m beginning to wonder if the Dems even really want to win this election?  This level of indiscipline within the party sure makes it seem like they don’t.

Also L-O-L at anyone still arguing that the party is organizationally competent enough to run an orderly mini-primary for a new nominee in the next few weeks that would culminate in a smooth rally of the party around a single winner at the convention.  The past two weeks are proof positive that it would be a complete shitshow.

That famous Will Rogers quote about the Democratic Party has seldom been more applicable.

17207000470392574345651406841133.jpg?ex=

RV screen has Harris up by 2 and Biden tied. 

Haven't released their LV screened one yet but it's something. 

56 percent of dems also want him to drop out. 

Biden has a press conference tonight, so if he's bad during that I dunno where he thinks he's going but it won't be the WH next year. Or maybe I'm wrong cause trumps numbers aren't moving up, Biden is rebounding a tad from post debate polls, Trump is certainly beatable. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell80 said:

And the media was calling him, “The best Joe Biden ever!”, “He’s cogent, he’s the most cogent!”. It was a right wing talking point to believe your own eyes and ears. 

They cloistered Biden and gaslit anyone who asked questions about his cognitive decline, including the media. 

NYT actually talked about it some, and were attacked for it, basically saying it was baseless and they were just mad Biden wasn’t doing interviews, while ignoring WHY he wasn’t doing interviews.

literally anyone is better than Trump, but now we’re in a situation where the DNC being underwater is of their own choosing.

Did you delete your account and make a new one?

In fact, she’s advised some Democrats in swing districts to do whatever they have to do to secure their own reelections — even if it means asking Biden to relinquish his place atop the ticket.

Pelosi has advised those members, however, to wait until this week’s NATO Summit is finished out of respect for Biden and national security writ large. Some members, we’re told, have already started drafting statements of what they want to say, ready to drop once foreign leaders leave town.

For members who aren’t in swing districts, Pelosi has encouraged them to take their pleas for Biden to step aside directly to the White House or the campaign so as to minimize public fighting. We’re told that some have tried but have not been able to get through to the president.

WWW.POLITICO.COM

Inflation also decreased last month for the first time since May 2020 -.1%. 

"Good news in the June inflation report.

Inflation actually DECLINED -0.1% in June. That's the first decrease since the pandemic month of May 2020.

-Gas prices declined in June

-Electricity prices declined in June

-Rent had its smallest monthly increase (0.2%) since August 2021"

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

Shameful behavior from Democratic leadership. I swear I'm never donating again as long as this troop is in charge.

The only way Biden should step aside is if he gets Michelle Obama to replace him on the ticket. Kamala can stay as VP which I guess makes it easier to transition the "warchest" from donations.

DO IT

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

The only way Biden should step aside is if he gets Michelle Obama to replace him on the ticket. Kamala can stay as VP which I guess makes it easier to transition the "warchest" from donations.

DO IT

And then nominate Barack to the next open SCOTUS seat?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

He should be doing way more than tweeting imo.

I think Obama should walk out with Biden dressed like a ventriloquist dummy, Biden will then sit on Obama's lap and they'll do a bit together. Everyone on the left immediately feels better and the right wing mostly kills themselves. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I think Obama should walk out with Biden dressed like a ventriloquist dummy, Biden will then sit on Obama's lap and they'll do a bit together. Everyone immediately feels better and the right wing mostly kills themselves. 

In a tan suit

• Sicko 1

53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Did you delete your account and make a new one?

Changed phone and phone numbers, forgot my old password for my email, and my backup was my old number, which I no longer had access to. 

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell80 said:

Changed phone and phone numbers, forgot my old password for my email, and my backup was my old number, which I no longer had access to. 

You can ask me to change the password on the account, I'll send the one I created to you, and then you can change it yourself.

• Hype 1

20 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

He should be doing way more than tweeting imo.

I imagine he maybe made some calls to try and build support and ran into the fractured party that we've been seeing lately and bounced.  The Democrats suck. their candidate is a dottering old man who's early to bed but whose administration generally does good, and they can't muster a firm backing.  Trump is a senile old fuck that rambles about toilets, airports, and movie characters, who is racking up felonies and the more Epstein records are released the worse it looks for him, but the GOP gets merch printed about voting for the felon.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

lol Michelle isn't running I don't know why people suggest her.

I don't get this weird polling where Michelle is the one person that seems to break through this decade long stranglehold Trump has on that damn 45% of his but it does seem to be legit because it happens in poll after poll.

But maybe we just all need to accept that there are no rules anymore, just winning and losing.

Joe, Barrack, and Michelle should sit down and hammer out a plan where Michelle runs, wins, and then steps down whenever she feels like it and hands off to whoever they pick for her VP. Then she does a media tour where she says, "I told y'all I didn't want to be president!".

I feel like 20 years ago that would have been seen as damaging to our Democracy to do something like that....nowadays it would probably just be seen as charmingly cheeky.....

I mean, I don't even know if I am joking here because as I type this it sounds both ridiculous and like the best shot at winning we have......