Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

59 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

“The media” is in the bag for Trump, they love the guy, he’s good for their business

"I got so many clicks before Trump sent me to the prison camp!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

That last part is more about the fake concern trolling than about Biden himself tbf.

Fake concern trolling? Wtf are you talking about? And yes, Biden can't even finish a sentence and I'll point that out every time I see it. Not sure why that bothers you. 

Also, please stop being sarcastic with me and just put me on ignore. Christ, I ignored you for 2 months and you wouldn't leave me alone. Now I decided to just move on and you still disrespect me. 

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Best said:

Fake concern trolling? Wtf are you talking about? And yes, Biden can't even finish a sentence and I'll point that out every time I see it. Not sure why that bothers you. 

Also, please stop being sarcastic with me and just put me on ignore. Christ, I ignored you for 2 months and you wouldn't leave me alone. Now I decided to just move on and you still disrespect me. 

YES SIR SORRY SIR AS YOU COMMAND 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

YES SIR SORRY SIR AS YOU COMMAND 

I'm trying to be civil with you. I still don't know what I ever did to you? But anyway I don't want to ruin the thread with this nonsense. Just ignore me. 

Just now, Best said:

I'm trying to be civil with you. I still don't know what I ever did to you? But anyway I don't want to ruin the thread with this nonsense. Just ignore me. 

Then…stop going off topic? lol

• Hype 1

Biden may have to drop out, that much is true, but the media not ALSO calling for Trump to drop out considering EVERYTHING, is journalistic malpractice.

I almost hope these people end up in a gulag.

• Halal 1

WWW.POLITICO.COM

Clooney now 

Was he tired? Yes. A cold? Maybe. But our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn’t see what we just saw,” Clooney writes of Biden’s disastrous debate performance.

Clooney says he considers Biden a friend and that this is “about age. Nothing more. But also nothing that can be reversed.”

“We are not going to win in November with this president,” he writes.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Honestly the media/trump supporters wanting him to drop out so bad does just kinda make me think more so that he shouldn’t.

There hasn't been a single Trump supporter or surrogate who has even remotely suggested that Biden should end his candidacy.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There hasn't been a single Trump supporter or surrogate who has even remotely suggested that Biden should end his candidacy.

Well that isn’t true from my experience unless you only mean amongst politicians and the ilk, not regular people. But I also count the media as supporter even if it’s not official.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

So much so that the lovely people on this very board, people who are more with what’s going on in the world than the average, were taking a dump on @Best for pointing out how bad Biden had become.

That is a gross oversimplification of the discussion that was being had (at least between me and best). In the early days, he was parroting conservative opinions as fact long before the debate. He was contrasting him with Trump as having no decline whatsoever all without keeping up on speeches for either.

I've given him credit for improving his media intake and have cut back on some of the criticism since the debate.

• True 1

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

That is a gross oversimplification of the discussion that was being had (at least between me and best). In the early days, he was parroting conservative opinions as fact long before the debate. He was contrasting him with Trump as having no decline whatsoever all without keeping up on speeches for either.

I've given him credit for improving his media intake and have cut back on some of the criticism since the debate.

I have had a massive shift in what I think now. Mainly from reading information on this board and by changing where I get my news and information. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

I was just sitting in a coffee shop here in Dublin and saw two far right ex IRA members high fiving each other and chanting “Biden! Biden! Biden!” even republicans are starting to fall in line.

• Haha 4

A week ago I'd have said it was 80/20 Biden was staying, now maybe 50/50. I feel like the same machine that pushed him through the 2020 primaries over Warren, Bern, Butti, are the same ones pushing against him now. 

At this point the media has completely abdicated their duty to report on the issues and only care to report rumors and innuendo. The only way to get that to stop is to put an end to those rumors and innuendo definitively. 

3 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

A week ago I'd have said it was 80/20 Biden was staying, now maybe 50/50. I feel like the same machine that pushed him through the 2020 primaries over Warren, Bern, Butti, are the same ones pushing against him now. 

At this point the media has completely abdicated their duty to report on the issues and only care to report rumors and innuendo. The only way to get that to stop is to put an end to those rumors and innuendo definitively. 

I wonder if a bump for Trump after the RNC would accelerate calls even more.

There's either something I'm not getting or these people are gaslighting...

There isn't really a way around running Biden now, right?  From what I've read campaign finance laws say it's either him or Harris and she's not really going to be able to go head to head with Trump.  That moving Biden's warchest is either something that doesn't happen or gets tricky in a way that is without precedent  The Democrats have been doing a fine job since Obama not really grooming a new batch of millenials or gen xers, they don't have too many with a national profile.  That aside, it's the second week of July.  Like are they all just hoping Trump wins and some Democrat in 2028 gets to be the one to run against Vivek Ramaswamy?

• Halal 1

lmao this is all so fucking stupid from every angle.  im about ready to just tap out and be glad im a straight white dude because basically everyone else is about to get fucked which sucks

what a dumb fucking country even getting to this point.  like we know why but its insanity that nothing is being covered about trump seemingly raping kids with his pal and just bein batshit insane in genral to even try and counter anything else.  im going on a vacation for a week starting friday maybe ill see how close to drinking myself to death i can get

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

• Hugs 1

Dems are putting their heads in the sand. They say "polls don't matter!" when almost every poll this year has shown Biden trailing in the swing states and having a sub-40% approval rating. They try to pretend Biden's performance at the debate WASN'T a complete disaster, and that their plan to have an early debate to show that Biden was up to the task of 4 more years didn't backfire horribly.

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

Dems are putting their heads in the sand. They say "polls don't matter!" when almost every poll this year has shown Biden trailing in the swing states and having a sub-40% approval rating. They try to pretend Biden's performance at the debate WASN'T a complete disaster, and that their plan to have an early debate to show that Biden was up to the task of 4 more years didn't backfire horribly.

No one is saying any of those things in the ways you’re describing.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

No one is saying any of those things in the ways you’re describing.

Nobody ever says anything he says people are saying and I’ve asked before that I really want to know WHO these people are.

11 minutes ago, Reputator said:

We were saying the polls don't matter some months ago, but now that we're in July..... they're starting to matter.

We were saying “the polls don’t matter this early” several months ago, correct. Not that polls don’t matter at all or ever.

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Americans are all about vibes, they’re too myopic for anything more than that.

I spent years defending Americans against claims like this. Decades, actually. Imagine my chagrin now. 

However, most Democrats and Democratic-leaning registered voters (56%) say the party has a better shot at the presidency with someone other than Biden, while 43% say the party stands a better chance with him. Democratic confidence in Biden’s chances has not increased since he locked up the party’s nomination in the primaries: In January, 53% felt the party would have a better shot with someone other than Biden at the top of the ticket and 46% felt more confident with Biden.

Just some hand wringing

yet

Three-quarters of US voters say the Democratic Party would have a better shot at holding the presidency in 2024 with someone other than President Joe Biden at the top of the ticket, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS. 

Trump maintains a roughly 10-point advantage among independents (44% to 34% in the new poll), while the share of independents who choose neither candidate or say they do not plan to vote has climbed from 15% to 21%.

Further proof that so called independents have more pudding for brains than either of the two ancient ones up for election

AMP.CNN.COM

Three-quarters of US voters say the Democratic Party would have a better shot at holding the presidency in 2024 with someone other than President Joe Biden at the top of the ticket...

• True 1

Biden's quote of waiting for the almighty to give him a sign reminded me of the "Drowning Man Parable"

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

• stepee 1