Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I hate Trump, I also hate that these videos arent dated and put in full context…

This is from April, Trump was in Michigan doing press over an incident where an illegal immigrant had murdered someone.. he focused the interview on other similar incidents…. given the moment he felt safe to lambast all immigrants as animals and killers. Fuck Trump

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh, and despite all these great polls, Nate Silver still has Trump as the likely winner, as he continues to weight Republican-affiliated pollsters like Trafalgar at the same level as non-partisan pollsters, provided they have a large sample. It's really crazy. 

Thiel bucks driving the narrative

• True 1

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh, and despite all these great polls, Nate Silver still has Trump as the likely winner, as he continues to weight Republican-affiliated pollsters like Trafalgar at the same level as non-partisan pollsters, provided they have a large sample. It's really crazy. 

Has he provided a reasoning for that?

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I guess it feels that way when you're a degenerate gambler like Nate.

In fairness to Nate's claim, he didn't state which position at Facebook or Lyft he was referring to. He could have meant a member of their C-Suite. As Nate can attest, words are so much more mailable than numbers. :sun:

8 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

I hate Trump, I also hate that these videos arent dated and put in full context…

This is from April, Trump was in Michigan doing press over an incident where an illegal immigrant had murdered someone.. he focused the interview on other similar incidents…. given the moment he felt safe to lambast all immigrants as animals and killers. Fuck Trump

Yes, you are correct. I remember this exact quote now and he's talking specifically about the murderers. Still a total piece of shit.

44 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Um, excuse me, he's barely being paid what they pay someone at Facebook or Lyft.

No matter political affiliation I am immediately skeptical of a claim like this because why would you take money with such a loaded connotation unless it was a lot?

You gonna piss away any semblance of impartiality and relevance for a grand a year? Either you're dumb or you're lying.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

No matter political affiliation I am immediately skeptical of a claim like this because why would you take money with such a loaded connotation unless it was a lot?

You gonna piss away any semblance of impartiality and relevance for a grand a year? Either you're dumb or you're lying.

As Vic said (and what I immediately thought of as well): he very intentionally did not specify what role at those companies. He wants to imply he's getting paid peanuts when higher ups make insane cash at both. Clearly he's making mucho bucks, or as you said, why bother? It wouldn't make any sense. It would, in fact, be stupid.

I'd love to see Nate Silver give the odds on whether Nate Silver being paid by Peter Thiel is affecting his stats or not!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I love me some cope as much as the next guy but I’m not paying for that article to get the details

You don't have to, all it is is an opinion on someone else's opinion. The source article is free to read:

ROLLCALL.COM

Momentum and candidate skills matter while polls tell only part of the story in the presidential race, columnist Stuart Rothenberg writes.

I have to say, I have a hard time believing that all the enthusiasm, the huge grassroots donation numbers (particularly from first-timers), the non-insignificant bipartisan support from the other side, and all the ither advantages only result in a barely above margin-of-error poll advantage. So he might have a point.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

You don't have to, all it is is an opinion on someone else's opinion. The source article is free to read:

ROLLCALL.COM

Momentum and candidate skills matter while polls tell only part of the story in the presidential race, columnist Stuart Rothenberg writes.

I have to say, I have a hard time believing that all the enthusiasm, the huge grassroots donation numbers (particularly from first-timers), the non-insignificant bipartisan support from the other side, and all the ither advantages only result in a barely above margin-of-error poll advantage. So he might have a point.

I don't care if they're right. Harris needs to run as if it's tight either way and we should all feel that way so people actually vote.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

there’s also the issue that Harris isn’t a clear runaway in enough states for the electoral college victory. She could beat Donald in the popular vote 56%-42%, and it wouldn’t mean shit if Donald got to 270 first. She could have a landslide victory in every state she wins and lose the election.