Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

Whoever facilitated her prep this past week conducted a master class. The weird cackling was gone, no word salad, etc. Stuff that has plagued her for an entire career disappeared in 5 days.

Sure, she had a nice layup from ABC, but that debate prep was incredible. 

I am way behind on the debate and there is like 85 pages on here I missed. 

The only thing I needed to hear this morning was my mom basically admitting that Trump lost last night. She was visibly upset lol. 

I don't even feel like looking at recaps because it all is extremely annoying to me. 

But if Harris won and Taylor Swift is backing her it all seems like a lock in November! 

• stepee 1
  • Hype 3

2 minutes ago, Best said:

The only thing I needed to hear this morning was my mom basically admitting that Trump lost last night. She was visibly upset lol. 

I don't even feel like looking at recaps because it all is extremely annoying to me. 

But if Harris won and Taylor Swift is backing her it all seems like a lock in November! 

Your Mom could win the presidency but nothing will change and we will all get the shaft until the end of time. 

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, Best said:

I certainly hope so, but two months is a long time. This is still all good news!

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

When he was going on about the pets being eaten, Kamala had a look of deep concern on her face as if she was worried she was watching a man having some type of brain aneurysm or stroke in real time.

yeah. It was so sad for him and yet so brutally funny. 

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-9637.jpg

oh that one was too easy for you. Doesn’t count

Harris did win the debate. But to be fair, Trump did have a valid point there at the end when he asked what has she done. Everything she talked about in terms of helping the middle class, securing the border etc simply has not been done. Not sure where the confidence is coming from thinking change is coming when her political track record is very stale.

• Wrong 1

2 minutes ago, nublood said:

Harris did win the debate. But to be fair, Trump did have a valid point there at the end when he asked what has she done. Everything she talked about in terms of helping the middle class, securing the border etc simply has not been done. Not sure where the confidence is coming from thinking change is coming when her political track record is very stale.

She's the Vice President, they don't do much.  The Biden administration has done more to at least try and help Americans than Trump did or ever will do.  She's also the one on stage that didn't make up shit about people eating dogs and cats or say the doctor asks if you want to keep the baby before either swaddling it or taking it a room over and icing it.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, nublood said:

What did HE do? Anything?

8 minutes ago, nublood said:

She could have talked more about their track record but it's a nitpick. I think she wants to be viewed as the change candidate and so she doesn't want to dwell on the past. 

• Halal 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

What did HE do? Anything?

I'll be more than happy to give his administration credit for this:

Increasing the Child Tax Credit
The TCJA temporarily doubled the maximum child tax credit (CTC) from $1,000 to $2,000 per child under 17 and added a $500 nonrefundable credit for children ineligible for the $2,000 credit. The credit decreases by 5 percent of adjusted gross income over $200,000 for single parents and $400,000 for married parents. Under prior law, the credit began to phase out (at the same 5 percent rate) at income over $75,000 for single parents and $110,000 for married parents.