Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I know debate skills are honestly unimportant to the actual job of POTUS, but it makes me feel a little embarrassed for the country that Harris’ performance is being rated as good by people here. More than half the time she isn’t able to actually answer the question posed by the moderators.

Grade inflation isn’t limited to schools, I guess :p 

That's like saying you watched the Royal Rumble and were disappointed in Andre the Giant's lack of Greco-Roman wrestling skills. This isn't a debate, it's a contest to look the most Presidential for the dumbest 5% of the population (undecideds).

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I know debate skills are honestly unimportant to the actual job of POTUS, but it makes me feel a little embarrassed for the country that Harris’ performance is being rated as good by people here. More than half the time she isn’t able to actually answer the question posed by the moderators.

Grade inflation isn’t limited to schools, I guess :p 

Is this your first time watching a presidential debate?

• Haha 1

Trump will host a meeting to come up with an outline of a roadmap to a strategy to begin a plan to solve healthcare.  And it'll be beautiful, great, the smartest people say... Wharton professors, Uncle was in MIT, very good genes, horrible what they're doing to our country with the price of bacon, healthcare will be so beautiful.

• Halal 1

Just now, finaljedi said:

Trump will host a meeting to come up with an outline of a roadmap to a strategy to begin a plan to solve healthcare.  And it'll be beautiful, great, the smartest people say... Wharton professors, Uncle was in MIT, very good genes, horrible what they're doing to our country with the price of bacon, healthcare will be so beautiful.

We already had 4 years of Trump early access, but if he's finally gonna post a roadmap to get us to a concept of a plan I'm all in!

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

…and cereal, and eggs. Name all the breakfast foods

• Haha 2

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

"They're building massive auto plants in Mexico, paid for by Chyna. We'll put tariffs on those cars." Oh man Trump just making shit up.

It's actually Korean. My hometown Monterrey has a big Korean auto manufacturing presence. Now near shoring is going there because of the technical skill level.

• Halal 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

It's actually Korean. My hometown Monterrey has a big Korean auto manufacturing presence. Now near shoring is going there because of the technical skill level.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah, Chinese, like Trump said

This was the exact first thought I had too. :p 

The sane washing will be great with that one: NYT: "Trump confuses Korea for China but remains correct that the Biden-Harris administration is giving away auto plants to foreign nations." 

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

And Japan, my Mazda was built in Mexico, Toyota also has plants there.  My brother works at a company that makes brakes for Toyota and they ship most of their output to Mexico.

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

This was the exact first thought I had too. :p 

The sane washing will be great with that one: NYT: "Trump confuses Korea for China but remains correct that the Biden-Harris administration is giving away auto plants to foreign nations." 

They won't even mention it

• True 1

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

And Japan, my Mazda was built in Mexico, Toyota also has plants there.  My brother works at a company that makes brakes for Toyota and they ship most of their output to Mexico.

GM, too.