Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

I actually just went to try WOW today after seeing a thread on Resetera about how it's quite easy to jump in solo now and just have fun. But then it turns out I can't get the free trial because I apparently did a free trial 10+ years ago. But I'm not going to pay $20 for a single month just to see if I like it!

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So basically, someone in Ohio put out a rumour that Haitian immigrants were killing neighbourhood dogs and cats for voodoo rituals and to eat them. Then a homeless woman (Black, not immigrant) was caught killing a cat. This has combined into the right-wing saying that Haitian voodoo gangs are stealing dozens of cats and dogs for their rituals.

And the Biden administration fuckin’ loves it. 

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I actually just went to try WOW today after seeing a thread on Resetera about how it's quite easy to jump in solo now and just have fun. But then it turns out I can't get the free trial because I apparently did a free trial 10+ years ago. But I'm not going to pay $20 for a single month just to see if I like it!

It’s always been easier to solo than mmos like EverQuest but yeah it’s easy as hell to solo a lot of content and progress gear wise

Harris had better give "real world" examples of the effects of Project 2025 on the average person beyond reproductive rights such as its effects on the existence of the National Weather Service or how the loss of the Department of Education would impact college scholarships, etc.

Those are sort of items to hammer home with Project 2025 - things that will have a definitive impact on the lives of the ordinary person that an emphasis on reproductive rights may simply not have.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Is there still a vanilla WoW official server thing going on?  I’d be curious to try that for old times sake at some point.

Yes. WoW classic has several modes and a couple servers each, including a hardcore mode where death is permanent. I don’t play it anymore so I don’t know much about it. 

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Use a new email account?

25 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It probably plays quite different from when you played it

I tried again a few years ago and wasn't super into it.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Moderator: Can you explain why you think tariffs will save Americans money?

Trump: China will pay. They'll pay. So many—money is going to go to, so much to our families. They won't know what to do with it. So much, from so—they'll say, they'll ask to give some back, to help—and that's not including what else.

Harris: As you can see, he doesn't even understand tariffs. They never save anyone money, they won't help American business that are hurting. Here is my 12-step plan to address affordability (lays out plan)

NYT tomorrow: In competing visions of future, Harris stumbles on tariffs (in article, it will point out that tariffs helped some company one time in 1870, proving that she was wrong that they "never" work)

apollo_gift_of_prophecy.jpg

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead
36 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I guess you're referring to "WoW Classic"?

Sure - it still exists, and it's now up to the Cataclysm expansion.

Jesus Christ I’m old. I stopped playing WoW before the original Cata expansion in 2010.