Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

18 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

While is is important to remind people of the connection between project 2025 and Trump (he genuinely doesn’t care about most of those things in p2025, but the people who will staff his administration will and do, as many are veterans of his previous administration) what he constantly calls for is the mass deportation of “illegals” which may sounds good if you’re not likely to be caught up in his drag net (read: you’re white, even without papers, they’re not going after illegal Irish immigrants) but will ultimately lead to suffering and ethnic cleansing on a scale unheard of in this country since the trail of tears. It’s bad!

It's a little concerning watching this combined with the new Tucker & Friends narrative that Hitler didn't plan to exterminate 6 million Jews, he just found himself with millions of PoW's on his hand due to the war, and he couldn't figure out how to feed them all, so they had to do the humane thing.

• True 2

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Imma be real with you guys, I’ve been to NC a lot since my Aunt moved out there about a decade ago and bought a beach house. The “C” in both NC and SC stands for “Chuddsville”.

We're gonna change that to Commieville!

6 hours ago, Massdriver said:

Trump is proposing tariffs on all goods entering the United States and begged the Federal Reserve to further cut interest rates during his first term, even suggesting that they should have been negative like Europe. And yet most Americans trust Trump over Dems on the economy and inflation! This alone makes a good case that the American public are economically illiterate. 

Americans want Trump. Many of the Republicans I know who used to say Trump was not good for the country are in full blown shill mode, apologizing for everything he does and pretending that they are impartial. 

It’s bizarre to watch.  I think the culture war combined with social media has well and truly broken the nation’s brain or something.  Trump can now go on the record and openly insult the military and be found guilty of sexual assault and once dyed-in-the-wool conservatives just shrug it off because “Eh well Trump said he didn’t do it so it’s probably the [traditional] media just exaggerating.”

Even in the past few days I’ve heard  “people always exaggerate how authoritarian Trump really is”, all after Trump LITERALLY POSTED

The 2024 Election, where Votes have just started being cast, will be under the closest professional scrutiny and, WHEN I WIN, those people that CHEATED will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law, which will include long term prison sentences so that this Depravity of Justice does not happen again…Please beware that this legal exposure extends to Lawyers, Political Operatives, Donors, Illegal Voters, & Corrupt Election Officials. Those involved in unscrupulous behavior will be sought out, caught, and prosecuted at levels, unfortunately, never seen before in our Country

And some of these are people I know raged about Clinton’s sex scandal and Kerry’s supposed ‘stolen valor’.

Like, “wat?”

• Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It’s bizarre to watch.  I think the culture war combined with social media has well and truly broken the nation’s brain or something.  Trump can now go on the record and openly insult the military and be found guilty of sexual assault and once dyed-in-the-wool conservatives just shrug it off because “Eh well Trump said he didn’t do it so it’s probably the [traditional] media just exaggerating.”

Even in the past few days I’ve heard  “people always exaggerate how authoritarian Trump really is”, all after Trump LITERALLY POSTED

And some of these are people I know raged about Clinton’s sex scandal and Kerry’s supposed ‘stolen valor’.

Like, “wat?”

That's what I mean by it being more than a "difference of perspective," it's people living in whatever reality they made up and ignoring mountains of, at this point calling it "evidence" is a bit like calling the smoldering ruins of your house "evidence" that a fire happened. I guess if we stick to the concept of perspectives, I'm supposed to just smile and nod with people who tell me there's no danger and that I'm exaggerating because they refuse to open their eyes and look at it.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

In 2016 I had a Trump hat that I found and kept around ironically.  Then the fucker won, I'm not doing ironic Trump shit anymore, maybe after Harris wins and Trump is well and permanently in the rear view as far as leading this country goes.

The GOP is Trump at this point, he'll never actually be gone unless they all disown him, which they never will.

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For the sake of my mental health/sanity, I'll be playing Space Marine II tonight rather than watching the debate.

I remember on election night 2000 playing Quake III Arena bargaining with myself that if I won Gore would win. 

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

28 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

In 2016 I had a Trump hat that I found and kept around ironically.  Then the fucker won, I'm not doing ironic Trump shit anymore, maybe after Harris wins and Trump is well and permanently in the rear view as far as leading this country goes.

I didn't have a hat but I thought it was hilarious to watch him clown on Romney, Cruz, and littlest Marco - not so much anymore

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Believe me I know. I lived in Catawba county for a year and it was and is chud city.

The triangle and charlotte are actually nice though!

There are nice areas in both NC and SC, but my point was that neither is going blue :p 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

There are nice areas in both NC and SC, but my point was that neither is going blue :p 

NC is a hard maybe. Their gubernatorial candidate for the republicans may be a drag on the ticket (or Trump may pull him up too) and the state is closely divided any other time. 

SC though that will never go blue. Ever. First state to secede and hasn’t gotten much better. 

That said, NC is a bit of an uphill climb when chuds are making it harder to vote

WWW.WRAL.COM

The ruling means North Carolina is now expected to blow past the legal deadline to start sending out ballots by at least two weeks, at the cost of potentially $1 million to state taxpayers. The Supreme Court...

• Guillotine 2