Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 minute ago, Vitalsign said:

Trump looked disciplined because the Biden team insisted on muted mics. That was the greatest gift to Trump. He will use that time to lay into Harris instead of answering any questions. Much like he did to Biden and it worked. 

Even the late night shows were dunking on Harris before she was the nominee. It's not racism, she's just not a likable candidate. 

I'm not saying dunking on Harris is racist, it's just Trump tends to be a bit of a racist.

The problem with Biden was he wasn't equipped to deal with Trump.  Age or illness or whatever caused Biden to be unable to brush off Trump laying into him.  Harris won't have that problem, she'll be able to brush off attacks while keeping on point and calling him out for barely answering questions.  I would seriously hope Harris and her team are working on this very thing in their debate prep. 

Trump should be easy to beat except every time he gets behind a mic and rambles incoherently about how windmills killing birds is destroying the economy, the media sanewashes it as "Trump Proposes Unconventional Approach to Economy".

The world is so numb to Trump that he could say something like "illegals are having sex with whales at unprecedented levels" but the minute Harris misquotes the exact population count of the capital city of Vermont it's all downhill for her campaign.

• True 5

From Spectrum's national political reporter:

Vice President Harris and former President Trump will debate on Tuesday in Pennsylvania.

After that, Harris' public schedule includes:
• 9/11 commemoration events in NY, PA, and VA on Wednesday
• Campaign events in NC on Thursday
• A White House event and more PA campaign events on Friday
• An appearance at an awards dinner in DC on Saturday

Trump's public schedule for the rest of the week is currently empty. @playbookdc reports he'll attend fundraisers in California on Thursday and Friday and then Utah on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

17259036788576360621472998667367.jpg?ex=

ABC released its crosstabs from its Harris +6 poll for almost 2 weeks ago. 

Men 18-39 is embarrassing. As if we don't have a bad enough rap already. (I'm just outside the demo, but only barely)

7 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Or learn to trade volatility! Any stock/options/derivative trading here yet?

We have some stocks and some high-interest savings on our end, plus dividends from my time at Publix. She's the breadwinner, honestly, and I don't mind it since we get to do fun stuff!

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

We have some stocks and some high-interest savings on our end, plus dividends from my time at Publix. She's the breadwinner, honestly, and I don't mind it since we get to do fun stuff!

You are young, get out of high interest savings. You should be in growth at the very least. 

8 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Depends on your risk appetite. Can't do wrong with SPY/VOO-QQQ/QQQM-SCHG. Maybe start a dividend snowball with SCHD too. Put unneeded cash in a short term TBill ETF like SGOV. 

Why are you talking about programming in Fortran here of all places?

18 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I just can't listen to this dumb motherfucker talk and can't handle the talking heads spinning bs in his favor after/creating a false narrative for him.

Yeah im not watching either, Trump is what he is.. what annoys me is the folks facilitating his outlandish narratives and refusing to throw his BS right back at his face..

I hope Trump drops or forgets to take the Apple of Eden with him (or whatever the hell hes using to mind control so many peeps) and he crashes and burns on the stage.. Harris wont change the mind of the MAgA devout but hopefully it strengthens (or lights) the resolve in folks to beat him

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Nope. That was legit advice that mirrors what 99% of “financial advisors” would tell you. I just saved you the 2% fee annually. 

For anyone out there reading: If you are paying a percentage fee, especially one that large, and you’re not wealthy you’re probably getting screwed. 

Following vitals advice and using a CFP or similar professional who are fiduciaries as an objective advisor (typically with a fixed or hourly fee) is roughly what I am doing.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

For anyone out there reading: If you are paying a percentage fee, especially one that large, and you’re not wealthy you’re probably getting screwed. 

Following vitals advice and using a CFP or similar professional who are fiduciaries as an objective advisor (typically with a fixed or hourly fee) is roughly what I am doing.

Yeah that's not an awful idea. Very hard to know who to trust if you aren't comfortable with finance as many aren't. I had a friend paying Fidelity 2% for some investment service that was literally someone out of school telling him what etf allocation to do. wtf, why?

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

I'm not watching. I'll read your reactions. I can't do that to myself.

I'm the same. I have no desire to watch the debate or see Trump live. But I will be tuning in here and elsewhere to get live reactions from the masochists who will be watching! Then maybe a few highlight reels after.

• Halal 2

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

A number of state and national polls out today, including ones showing Trump winning MI and Harris winning NC, and PA tied. All within the MOE, of course. Realistically, this election is a small polling error away from being a landslide (electorally) for Harris or Trump.

in my dreams it's an landslide for Harris and it's being made to appear closer because THE DEEP STATE is desperate for T2.0

Good NC poll:

WWW.WRAL.COM

North Carolina is one a small number of states with the power to decide who wins the presidency. New polling shows the race here is still statistically tied, but leaning toward Harris.

The new poll, released Monday, finds Harris leading Trump 49% to 46%, with 5% undecided and almost no voters saying they plan to back a third-party candidate. And while the result indicates a state that’s still too close to call, Republicans should be concerned about Harris’ showing in North Carolina, said Western Carolina University political scientist Chris Cooper.

Final WRAL/SurveyUSA Polls (Final Result):
2020 TIED 48/48 (Trump 50/49)
2016 Trump 51/44 (Trump 50/46)
2012 Romney 50/45 (Romney 50/48)