Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

43 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Those aren't his policies. 

Trump advocating for Schedule F, a big part of Project 2025

Trump declaring he wants to eliminate the Department of Education, a big part of Project 2025.

In Wisconsin, Trump says he wants to jail his political foes and adversaries, again a part of Project 2025.

APNEWS.COM

Trump posted a warning on his social media site threatening to jail those “involved in unscrupulous behavior” this election.

Video of Project 2025 architect saying how supportive Trump has been:

The people behind Project 2025 who, in many cases, are directly tied to Trump:

WWW.CNN.COM

Donald Trump has lately made clear he wants little to do with Project 2025, the conservative blueprint for the next Republican president that has attracted considerable blowback in his race for the White House.

• Hype 2

7 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Trump advocating for Schedule F, a big part of Project 2025

Trump declaring he wants to eliminate the Department of Education, a big part of Project 2025.

In Wisconsin, Trump says he wants to jail his political foes and adversaries, again a part of Project 2025.

APNEWS.COM

Trump posted a warning on his social media site threatening to jail those “involved in unscrupulous behavior” this election.

Video of Project 2025 architect saying how supportive Trump has been:

The people behind Project 2025 who, in many cases, are directly tied to Trump:

WWW.CNN.COM

Donald Trump has lately made clear he wants little to do with Project 2025, the conservative blueprint for the next Republican president that has attracted considerable blowback in his race for the White House.

There is some overlap sure. But some of this boogeyman stuff is funny. Getting rid of the Department of Education has been a goal since Reagan. Hardly a Project 2025 thing. 

I’ll bet if you were honest with yourself there is a lot in there you’d agree with. There are hundreds of recommendations. 

1 minute ago, Vitalsign said:

There is some overlap sure. But some of this boogeyman stuff is funny. Getting rid of the Department of Education has been a goal since Reagan. Hardly a Project 2025 thing. 

I’ll bet if you were honest with yourself there is a lot in there you’d agree with. There are hundreds of recommendations. 

I'm not going to nibble around the moldy parts of a rotten slice of bread. You throw the whole thing out.

But thank you for admitting Trump has Project 2025 policies.

3 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

And still a shitty thing that isn't supported by the country.

Dude, you're trying to have it both ways. It's simultaneously not his policy but it's actually really good if it were his policy but he's not going to do it but we'd support it if we really knew what was in it (lol).

You're literally giving the same bowl of mush that Trump does, only you can't claim dementia as he can. :shameonyou:

• stepee 1
  • True 1

Even if I supported Trump’s positions, the man is still a fucking idiot surrounded by bigger idiots or grifters.  Also lol at Trump pulling the right away from abortions.  Trump is saying he’s opposed to it occasionally because even he realizes it’s electoral poison, but if you think the right is moving away from it while Texas is actively trying to get women’s out of state health records then you’re fooling yourself.  

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I'm not going to nibble around the moldy parts of a rotten slice of bread. You throw the whole thing out.

But thank you for admitting Trump has Project 2025 policies.

I mean, it gives the game away.

If you think Trump is crazy, which most of the country does, then knowing that he has many policies Reagan has shows how crazy Republicans have been since Reagan. It's been so refreshing to easily trace banning abortion back to the 70s and 80s. The Christian Right, which took over the Republican party, was thinking Alito was the culmination of decades of work. Since Roe was overturned, the silver lining is it's been easier to accurate paint the entire party as out of their minds and how long they've been working on these extreme, anti-democratic and freedom-killing policies.

So yeah, Project 2025 is the Republican Party and Trump. Glad we can all agree! Conservatism is pretty much just there to hurt people, not help.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I mean, it gives the game away.

If you think Trump is crazy, which most of the country does, then knowing that he has many policies Reagan has shows how crazy Republicans have been since Reagan. It's been so refreshing to easily trace banning abortion back to the 70s and 80s. The Christian Right, which took over the Republican party, was thinking Alito was the culmination of decades of work. Since Roe was overturned, the silver lining is it's been easier to accurate paint the entire party as out of their minds.

So yeah, Project 2025 is the Republican Party and Trump. Glad we can all agree!

The Christian Right takeover was the only way to convince middle and lower class voters to vote on policies that benefit the rich. That was it. That's the only reason. You think rich Republicans give the slightest damn about Christian values or the 2nd Amendment? Well of course you don't, but that's the best way to start that sentence. Christian values and the 2nd Amendment are just a Trojan horse to get their main policies the votes.

• stepee 1

And still a shitty thing that isn't supported by the country.

Dude, you're trying to have it both ways. It's simultaneously not his policy but it's actually really good if it were his policy but he's not going to do it but we'd support it if we really knew what was in it (lol).

You're literally giving the same bowl of mush that Trump does, only you can't claim dementia as he can. :shameonyou:

Vital busts into thread talking about Kamala flip flopping.

Takes about an hour before he is flip flopping way worse then anything she has said.

Let's be honest, he's got a tough job defending the treasonous, criminally convicted, sexual assaulter. Anything even remotely, plausibly worthy of criticism about Kamala is something Trump has done 10 times worse, for a lot longer, and a lot more brazenly

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Then you get that Vance, who has some real disdain for people who don't have kids (with no policies to help them have kids), is a grifter.

Here are some policy proposals Kamala Harris supports.

lol banning taxes on tips was Trump’s proposal. Giving people $25k for homes is a great way to raise home prices $25k across the board. 

We need actual policies listed from her, not pieced together from speeches. 

Just now, Vitalsign said:

lol banning taxes on tips was Trump’s proposal. Giving people $25k for homes is a great way to raise home prices $25k across the board. 

We need actual policies listed from her, not pieced together from speeches. 

Everything she said in speeches is a policy she's articulated, which is the whole point, I thought, of doing interviews. Unless you prefer piecing together from interviews? wtf?

Capping insulin prices is a great way to cap insulin prices, imo. And helping people start small businesses is a great way to lower the risk of opening one. I also support legalizing abortion nationwide as opposed to hurting my lady because you're grifting the Christian right.

Everything she said in speeches is a policy she's articulated, which is the whole point, I thought, of doing interviews. Unless you prefer piecing together from interviews? wtf?

Capping insulin prices is a great way to cap insulin prices, imo. And helping people start small businesses is a great way to lower the risk of opening one. I also support legalizing abortion nationwide as opposed to hurting my lady because you're grifting the Christian right.

As we’ve seen from interviews, her position changes, like on fracking. Why does her campaign website not have every position detailed? I’ve never seen that before. Are they still in flux?

Look I get not liking Trump, he’s very unlikable. But we all know Kamala would not be the nominee if they had an actual primary. She was laughed out of the last one. 

4 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

As we’ve seen from interviews, her position changes, like on fracking. Why does her campaign website not have every position detailed? I’ve never seen that before. Are they still in flux?

Look I get not liking Trump, he’s very unlikable. But we all know Kamala would not be the nominee if they had an actual primary. She was laughed out of the last one. 

Apparently Trump's positions have REALLY changed since he campaigned on punishing women for having abortions, but now you're saying he wants to get away from that even though he's the reason any of these abortion bans have happened. If changing anything matters to you, then have the same disgust with old man Donald, who can't answer a question about child care without short circuiting. At least she supports universal pre-K, which would catch us up with most of the developed world, unlike his bowl of mush answer that tax hike tariffs on Americans will make childcare affordable.

Biden was laughed out of the 2008 primary. He won in 2020. Past isn't prologue with primaries. Nor is it really that relevant. I've been getting great tax returns on Inflation Reduction Act tax credits, to which she was the deciding vote. In Trump's case, my tax return went up 100% -- from $1 to $2 after his rich people tax hike.

He offers me nothing. Harris actually offers me something.

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Another Trump policy you like!

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Apparently Trump's positions have REALLY changed since he campaigned on punishing women for having abortions, but now you're saying he wants to get away from that even though he's the reason any of these abortion bans have happened. If changing anything matters to you, then have the same disgust with old man Donald, who can't answer a question about child care without short circuiting. At least she supports universal pre-K, which would catch us up with most of the developed world, unlike his bowl of mush answer that tax hike tariffs on Americans will make childcare affordable.

Biden was laughed out of the 2008 primary. He won in 2020. Past isn't prologue with primaries. Nor is it really that relevant. I've been getting great tax returns on Inflation Reduction Act tax credits, to which she was the deciding vote. In Trump's case, my tax return went up 100% -- from $1 to $2 after his rich people tax hike.

He offers me nothing. Harris actually offers me something.

But Biden won the primary in 2020. Kalama was just appointed. Sounds pretty anti Democratic to me! We gotta save Democracy. 

7 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Another Trump policy you like!

Speaking of stolen ideas: Democrats had this idea in 2022 and actually did it. Who stopped insulin from being capped for everybody? Republicans. Who opposed the Inflation Reduction Act which did EXACTLY what he proposed here in 2020, capping insulin for people on Medicare? Trump. So we know he's lying and you know he's lying too. He said this in 2020 and did nothing. Biden/Harris said it and did it.

Just like he supported infrastructure but needed Biden and Harris to actually do it.

• stepee 1

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Speaking of stolen ideas: Democrats had this idea in 2022 and actually did it. Who stopped insulin from being capped for everybody? Republicans. Who opposed the Inflation Reduction Act which did EXACTLY what he proposed here in 2020, capping insulin for people on Medicare? Trump. So we know he's lying and you know he's lying too. He said this in 2020 and did nothing. Biden/Harris said it and did it.

Just like he supported infrastructure but needed Biden and Harris to actually do it.

I heard he will let us know his plans on healthcare and infrastructure the first week he's back in office. 

19 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

And Trump wouldn't be the nominee if Republicans were not ok with racism, sexism, xenophobi Christofascism being the direction of the party. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Texas and Florida are both toss-ups in 270's Polling Map.

WWW.270TOWIN.COM

Create your own forecast for the 2024 presidential election

Biden polled ahead in Florida by a little over a point in 2020, and then lost it by ~4. Let's not kid ourselves on FL.

Just now, Reputator said:

Biden was ahead in Florida by a little over a point in 2020, and then lost it by ~4. Let's not kid ourselves on FL.

FL is not very happy with GOP right now. Insurance market is out of control with home and auto insurance. Can’t blame anyone else here since GOP has supermajorities.