Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Oh, It's great how you have changed the conversation...?  That seems to be the M.O. for this board...  (and trust me, I've been here... I know)!

...but maybe I'll get a post dealing with my "Hours of Work", or some other bullshit!... 

LOL, do you even hear yourself?

• Ukraine 1
  • Hype 1

But I don't evicerate my enemy, in quite the same way as this message board has seemed to make habitual, AND that is what pisses me OFF!

Just now, Crst0604 said:

But I don't evicerate my enemy, in quite the same way as this message board has seemed to make habitual, AND that is what pisses me OFF!

Yeah Right Whatever GIF by Van der Valk

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Crst0604 said:

You’re the one who came in here posting all combative shit and being a douche. Fuck off.

30 minutes ago, Crst0604 said:

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

40 minutes ago, Crst0604 said:

Lawls

• True 1

12 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

You’ve really captured the essence of the gaming community’s relentless spirit and commitment. The depth of dedication that gamers exhibit, from grinding through challenges to achieving the highest levels of skill, is truly impressive. It’s clear that this passion runs deep and drives a lot of the industry's innovation and resilience.

I think what’s important to remember is that the challenges and conflicts we face are part of the broader landscape of any passionate community. Whether it’s dealing with criticism or navigating changes in the industry, it’s all part of the ongoing journey. Your message highlights how gamers are not just participants but active contributors to the evolution of their own experiences and the gaming world as a whole.

Ultimately, it’s this very drive and tenacity that keep the gaming community vibrant and dynamic. Let’s keep pushing boundaries and proving that no challenge is too great when you have a community this dedicated.

• Sicko 1

This is the most authentic post I've seen,,and I feel is the best respnse,

I am a Republican, and I do do not want ABORTION TO BE LEGAL.  i THINK THE demovrats HAVE GONE TOO FAR, AND i FIGHT FOR THIS RIGHt TO LIFE!  Look at my intial post, and I don[t believe you are against thatt  So I urge you to side with me!

Oh, and by the way, this is how  you HAVE A discussion!  Not with HATREED, butt with an open argument.

BUT MAYBE, I'VE USED TO MANY CAPS???  COULD IT BE

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

What about if Biden endorses Trump

Lets be realistic, FOX and the MAGAts would find a line of reasoning to make it acceptable if Jeffrey f’n Epstein and Harvey Weinstein endorsed Trump in exchange for the position of tracking underage girls’ periods... their devotion (at least publicly knows no limits)

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Lets be realistic, FOX and the MAGAts would find a line of reasoning to make it acceptable if Jeffrey f’n Epstein and Harvey Weinstein endorsed Trump in exchange for the position of tracking underage girls’ periods... their devotion (at least publicly knows no limits)

You think chuds care if young girls are raped? My sweet summer child. 

3 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I saw this earlier today, wtf happened here?

She suddenly got more popular when she became the nominee.

I think her popularity kind of lagged because she was mostly out of sight and was being dragged down with general Biden malaise.  Suddenly she becomes an actual contender for putting Trump in the dirt and her popularity took off.  Same reason Biden’s popularity is getting a boost.  Plenty of dems were unhappy with him because he was tanking his shot at beating Trump as opposed to what he was doing in office.  

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Crst0604 said:

This is the most authentic post I've seen,,and I feel is the best respnse,

I am a Republican, and I do do not want ABORTION TO BE LEGAL.  i THINK THE demovrats HAVE GONE TOO FAR, AND i FIGHT FOR THIS RIGHt TO LIFE!  Look at my intial post, and I don[t believe you are against thatt  So I urge you to side with me!

Thankfully a whole lotta people in this country vehemently disagree with your ridiculous position. I would never want to live in a place that doesn’t give a woman a choice. It’s not ur body, bro.

😎 

• True 1

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

She suddenly got more popular when she became the nominee.

I think her popularity kind of lagged because she was mostly out of sight and was being dragged down with general Biden malaise.  Suddenly she becomes an actual contender for putting Trump in the dirt and her popularity took off.  Same reason Biden’s popularity is getting a boost.  Plenty of dems were unhappy with him because he was tanking his shot at beating Trump as opposed to what he was doing in office.  

I was reading this completely wrong. I thought this was on a way shorter time scale and it was actually that her favorability had tanked like within the last day. My bad.

• Haha 1