Rock the Vote '24: update (09/19) - NC GOP gubernatorial candidate is having a helluva day

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Donald J. Trump did not plan to attend the gala event at his venue in Bedminster, N.J., but it highlighted his efforts to rewrite the history of the attack on the Capitol.

NYT tomorrow: "Trump was set to hold a gala honouring the Jan 6 attendees that Democrats call insurrectionists, but instead cancelled the affair. Does this mark a new turn for Trump, focusing on unity rather than division?"

• Haha 1
  • True 1

@b_m_b_m_b_m I posted this in another topic but you should check this interview out. She's the author of the book The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump in which she and 37 other mental health professionals assess his mental health. 

It's long but she makes some great points about Trump from a mental health standpoint. It's crazy that this isn't a bigger story in mainstream media ESPECIALLY after how the media treated Biden. Trump may be a liar but he he just doesn't live in reality. He's either a pathological liar, delusional or both and the MSM just treats it as business as usual.

• Thanks 2
  • Halal 1

Yeah, this movie sounds amazing. I’ll check it out, out of spite, since it’s been reported the campaign tried to kill it.

Also, the actress from Borat who was with Rudy during THAT scene, plays Trump’s first wife Ivana:

EW.COM

'The Apprentice,' the controversial Donald Trump biopic, offers a stage for Sebastian Stan and Jeremy Strong to shine. Read Entertainment Weekly's review.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

NYT tomorrow: "Trump was set to hold a gala honouring the Jan 6 attendees that Democrats call insurrectionists, but instead cancelled the affair. Does this mark a new turn for Trump, focusing on unity rather than division?"

You forgot to say how this is bad for Kamala

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@b_m_b_m_b_m I posted this in another topic but you should check this interview out. She's the author of the book The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump in which she and 37 other mental health professionals assess his mental health. 

It's long but she makes some great points about Trump from a mental health standpoint. It's crazy that this isn't a bigger story in mainstream media ESPECIALLY after how the media treated Biden. Trump may be a liar but he he just doesn't live in reality. He's either a pathological liar, delusional or both and the MSM just treats it as business as usual.

Oh this is very interesting to me. I'll watch later. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I’ll check it out, thanks. 

56 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

European models' accounts are being stolen and used for fake MAGA accounts.

But Social media companies should remain unregulated because Free speech or something..

Someone should educate them on two factor authentication. I'd also say this isn't a free speech thing when it's using a stolen account or fake identity. 

• Halal 2

52 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Someone should educate them on two factor authentication. I'd also say this isn't a free speech thing when it's using a stolen account or fake identity. 

How exactly does Two factor authentication protect these women from people stealing their pictures and then creating fake accounts? Some of these fake accounts had blue check marks btw... 

And while this particular issue isn't a free speech matter, I was being a bit cheeky, it DOES illustrate that these social media companies NEED some type of oversight and regulation which is all I was advocating for in the other topic... where I was repatedly told "You can't do that because you're stifling free speech and independent thought herp-de -derp!" :|

43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How exactly does Two factor authentication protect these women from people stealing their pictures and then creating fake accounts? Some of these fake accounts had blue check marks btw... 

And while this particular issue isn't a free speech matter, I was being a bit cheeky, it DOES illustrate that these social media companies NEED some type of oversight and regulation which is all I was advocating for in the other topic... where I was repatedly told "You can't do that because you're stifling free speech and independent thought herp-de -derp!" :|

The most valuable accounts are existing ones that are stolen, at least on Facebook, because of how it treats old established accounts vs new ones and how they can be used for fraud.  Your post also said the accounts were being stolen, not just new fake accounts setup using their picture. 

And yea, I don't want the government limiting the exchange of ideas, even if the ideas are dumb or straight up lies.  One too many sofa jokes lies and this site is going down in 2025 when President Vance takes over for Trump after he strokes out on the 3rd hole. 

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Headlines today that GOP state officials are complaining about a lack of money from the national apparatus, that winnable seats will be lost as the local Democrats are outspending them by huge amounts. Meanwhile:

MCEEHpc.png

I seem to remember after Trump locked up the nomination that they had that little night of the long knives takeover of the RNC and Lara Trump essentially said their only concern was getting Trump elected.

• stepee 1
  • Sicko 1

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Headlines today that GOP state officials are complaining about a lack of money from the national apparatus, that winnable seats will be lost as the local Democrats are outspending them by huge amounts. Meanwhile:

MCEEHpc.png

We need campaign finance reform so fuckin bad.

• stepee 1
  • True 1