Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

A lot of backlash online over Dana Bash's IVF question to Walz, I'm seeing.

That’s good. It’s like a person can’t talk like a human without the news media trying to nitpick and carry water for Trump to seem “fair and balanced”.  

Just because one lies every other word doesn’t mean you need “balance” the scales by finding petty technicalities with the other guy. 

Trump has exposed the media for their laziness. 

• True 1

I mean, that has to be the most pathetic lineup of "heroes" one could imagine. There isn't a single person on that list that isn't a blatant two-faced grifting liar. Elon Musk is probably the most intellectually honest person in that lineup and that really says a lot. And by that I mean he isn't just putting on some dumb act to take money from rednecks with yards full of trump flags and scared grandmas who buy trumpy bears.

• True 1

24 minutes ago, ort said:

I mean, that has to be the most pathetic lineup of "heroes" one could imagine. There isn't a single person on that list that isn't a blatant two-faced grifting liar. Elon Musk is probably the most intellectually honest person in that lineup and that really says a lot. And by that I mean he isn't just putting on some dumb act to take money from rednecks with yards full of trump flags and scared grandmas who buy trumpy bears.

God damn librulz ain’t gonna take MY trumpy bear!

Love this

Meanwhile, the British-American journalist Mehdi Hasan wrote: "Historians will scratch their heads about 2024, in which 1 candidate was forced to quit the race for being old & having a bad debate while the other candidate said mad, rambling stuff like this & not only stayed in the race but didn't get pressured to step aside by the media.

So true.

• True 4

The way the media handles trump never stops being completely maddening. His deranged behavior has just been accepted as the new baseline normal for him. He says about three completely unhinged things every single day that would have driven entire news cycles 25 years ago.

There is 100% a wild double standard. He's his own special unicorn who is just kind ion allowed to do and say whatever he wants and everyone acts like it's much more normal than it actually is. NONE OF IT IS NORMAL. ACT LIKE IT.

I don't care if it's the 17th time this week, make it a big headline. Every one of his truth social posts should result in talking heads asking if he's sane and what the hell is going on for weeks. The conversation should never stray from WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN HAPPENING OMG WHAT?" That should be the narrative. 24/7/365

• True 2
  • Halal 1

20 minutes ago, ort said:

The way the media handles trump never stops being completely maddening. His deranged behavior has just been accepted as the new baseline normal for him. He says about three completely unhinged things every single day that would have driven entire news cycles 25 years ago.

There is 100% a wild double standard. He's his own special unicorn who is just kind ion allowed to do and say whatever he wants and everyone acts like it's much more normal than it actually is. NONE OF IT IS NORMAL. ACT LIKE IT.

I don't care if it's the 17th time this week, make it a big headline. Every one of his truth social posts should result in talking heads asking if he's sane and what the hell is going on for weeks. The conversation should never stray from WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN HAPPENING OMG WHAT?" That should be the narrative. 24/7/365

hey guys check out this rube who thinks good reporting is more important than raw click count for news orgs

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

hey guys check out this rube who thinks good reporting is more important than raw click count for news orgs

Covering Trump as a deranged moron would definitely get more clicks.

They don't cover Trump honestly because it's race to the bottom. They don't want to further alienate his supporters so they try their best to both sides everything. I used to be an Avid news watcher but I can't stomach the talking head nonsense that occurs daily on most news channels. Watching these people go up and try to discuss Trump's bullshit with a straight face is fucking insulting. Coprorate news in our country has made the calculation that it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator and treat every opinion as valid... even when it isn't. Damn shame.

• Halal 5

28 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They don't cover Trump honestly because it's race to the bottom. They don't want to further alienate his supporters so they try their best to both sides everything. I used to be an Avid news watcher but I can't stomach the talking head nonsense that occurs daily on most news channels. Watching these people go up and try to discuss Trump's bullshit with a straight face is fucking insulting. Coprorate news in our country has made the calculation that it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator and treat every opinion as valid... even when it isn't. Damn shame.

They cover Trump like this because they want him to win. To name just one reason, lots of reporters out reporters out there salty they can't get a juicy book deal off Biden admin gossip. 

13 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

Its funny seeing the reaction from MAGAts.. apparently Harris got all softball questions and this was rehearsed and performed.. which is odd when you think of Trumps own interviews where FOX tries to help him walk back his stupidest comments only for the big idiot to double down on his nonsense

Frankly, with Harris’ current lead and momentum, its starting to show that Trump and his MAGAts are no longer planning to win the election per se, but disrupt it and have a partisan Congress/Supreme Court simply install Trump in the White House.…. Im more interested in seeing how lawyered up the Dems have become this time in anticipation of all the BS cause this time the Dems are sitting in the White House so the MAGats would have to go all out crazy to dislodge them

They're getting ready:

On 8/28/2024 at 12:16 PM, SaysWho? said:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It’s also why there’s such a stark difference in polling between him and other equally insane candidates like Kari lake in AZ or Mark Robinson in NC. People actually hear the bullshit from lake and Robinson (and hate it!) and is more accurately reported on whereas Trump gets everything filtered and digested into something palatable or both sides’ed

not to say that I don’t think there won’t be some consolidation of undecided or sitting out or split ticket voters to the top or bottom of either ticket as we get closer to the election and past Labor Day here, but there’s a clear trend that helps trump 

• True 1