Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

50 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

And to be clear, I FULLY SUPPORT the idea wholeheartedly!

But I'd better hear that question being asked just as it is whenever a Democratic proposal is proffered.

It's stupid as hell but it's definitely not the stupidest thing he's ever said.

When my wife did IVF for our second, insurance covered damn near everything.  Drugs, procedures, genetic testing, the whole thing.  Literally the only thing they didn’t cover which is absurdly stupid, is cryogenic freezing of the embryos.  I can understand, maybe, in some situations that not being a part of it, but our situation required genetic testing for each embryo to ensure viability.  Not freezing them would essentially mean paying damn near $30,000 to throw it all away at the very end.  On top of that, it’s unbelievably less expensive to freeze them and keep them if you want to have another after a successfully birth than it is to pay for another round.  Really fucking stupid penny pinching.  

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Umm I hope she plans on answering  the debate questions better than this…

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I watched the snippet.... nothing seemed bad to me.

The context in which she was answering involved the changes to her positions on fracking and immigration, so she was framing it within the notion that her values have remained consistent while the circumstances in which they were exercised changed.

Or something like that :p

23 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Umm I hope she plans on answering  the debate questions better than this…

Seemed fine to me for what was there, but they cut the clip short so we didn't hear the rest.

6 hours ago, outsida said:

Stormy Daniels can confirm 

Fake tits do not equal great tits.

As the great Creed Bratton once said, “Au naturale, baby. That’s how I like ‘em. Swing low, sweet chariots.”

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

• True 3

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For once, this is the leading story on the NBC/CBS/ABC/CNN news sites with the Army actually issuing an official statement.

cool, now double dip the story by including the wonderful thoughts about Medal of Honor recipients vs Medal of Freedom 

its annoying because the way the story is presented is that the personnel buried in thar section are the most recent casualties which somehow brings the convo to Biden/Harris getting those folks killed leaving Afghan

25 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I think @Signifyin(g)Monkey was hoping for a response ala what Aaron Sorkin would write.

No, I’m just looking at it through the eyes of the uninformed dumbass swing voter that will likely decide the election and I’m getting the “meandering word salad that doesn’t seem to firmly answer the question” vibes that tends to turn them off.  Not a problem if it’s just one question in one interview, but I think it would be a bad look if this is how she answers everything at the debate.

Yes, she’ll be debating word-salad-in-chief Trump, but unfortunately dumbass swing voters give him a pass for dumbass reasons.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That was "fine", nothing earth-shattering in either direction.

This interview was the veritable definition of "do no harm".

Which is like an infinity% improvement over a few months ago!

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This interview was the veritable definition of "do no harm" non-event.

That's all you need to do to be 100,000x better than the opponent.

“Boring” is the absolute best way for this interview to have gone. 

Honestly, Kamala’s entire strategy for the next three months should be to be as boring and normal as possible and let Trump be Trump.

She just needs to exist as the adult in the room, the middle of the road sanity candidate that stands in contrast to the Trump shit show. 

• Halal 1

23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This interview was the veritable definition of "do no harm" non-event.

Agreed.   The snippet I posted earlier also looks less mealy-mouthed in the full context of the interview.

That was Obama’s MO, FWIW.  He was great on the stump, mostly “do no harm” in interviews and debates.  It’s a workable combo.

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

The snippet I posted earlier also looks less mealy-mouthed in the full context of the interview.

RIght - though they should "workshop" that "my values remain the same though the policies I advocate have changed" response to be somewhat less wordy.

I love boring. I just want the government to go on about doing good things and making lives better without me being bombarded by scary or embarrassing bullshit. Ie NOT Jan 2017 - Jan 2021. It should be the bare minimum. But after Donald, President Biden bas felt like relief. 

• True 2
  • Halal 3

19 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I love boring. I just want the government to go on about doing good things and making lives better without me being bombarded by scary or embarrassing bullshit. Ie NOT Jan 2017 - Jan 2021. It should be the bare minimum. But after Donald, President Biden bas felt like relief. 

I definitely enjoy not starting my day wondering if the president started a nuclear war on Twitter.

• Halal 2

Trump's dumb ass legit stressed me out multiple times per week when he was in office. I'll be glad if we never see anything like that again. I normally don't give a shiiiit about what the President is doing on most (but not all, of course) days! As it should be! 

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I guess I kinda/sorta very reluctantly agree :p

Its funny seeing the reaction from MAGAts.. apparently Harris got all softball questions and this was rehearsed and performed.. which is odd when you think of Trumps own interviews where FOX tries to help him walk back his stupidest comments only for the big idiot to double down on his nonsense

Frankly, with Harris’ current lead and momentum, its starting to show that Trump and his MAGAts are no longer planning to win the election per se, but disrupt it and have a partisan Congress/Supreme Court simply install Trump in the White House.…. Im more interested in seeing how lawyered up the Dems have become this time in anticipation of all the BS cause this time the Dems are sitting in the White House so the MAGats would have to go all out crazy to dislodge them