Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

I would add that it was also the year women's issues rang in Missouri with the "legitimate rape" guy, Todd Adkin or whatever, and the Senate candidate in Indiana who said rape is what God wanted to happen even though rape was tragic.

14 minutes ago, ort said:

He could pull down his pants and spray a fallen soldiers tombstone with diarrhea while giving two middle fingers and these amoral grifters would find a way to spin it.

I mean, I think I'd somehow respect that more than the fuckin' thumbs up.

image-117.png?fit=1464,1046&ssl=1

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 2

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I would add that it was also the year women's issues rang in Missouri with the "legitimate rape" guy, Todd Adkin or whatever, and the Senate candidate in Indiana who said rape is what God wanted to happen even though rape was tragic.

Missouri politics are an insane shit show. The ads here are next level insane and incredibly depressing.

Every ad is a guy holding a gun saying "I'm the true conservative in this race and I'll fight back against the progressive trans woke communist agenda, put guns in every school, stop the insidious criminal terror invasion at our border all while giving trump a handie with full release."

51 minutes ago, ort said:

Speaking of, has this been posted here yet???

Screenshot-2024-08-28-at-11.16.46-AM.png

This is so weird to me. I haven’t seen anything to indicate Kamala “slept her way to the top” yet this is their goto insult. 

The entire "Heels-Up Harris" narrative is based on her being in a relationship with Willy Brown in the mid-90s. It's fucking gross and anyone who says it or refers to it in any way is a total piece of human trash.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If women could sleep their way to the top there’d be more women at the top

Like that meme I posted that's buried in here. If you can sleep your way to become the President of the United states then you've got one of the best vaginas in the world.

• Sicko 1

WWW.CNN.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday offered her most expansive explanation to date on why she’s changed some of her positions on fracking and immigration, telling CNN’s Dana Bash her values haven’t shifted but that her time as vice president provided new perspective on some of the country’s most pressing issues.

Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday offered her most expansive explanation to date on why she’s changed some of her positions on fracking and immigration, telling CNN’s Dana Bash her values haven’t shifted but that her time as vice president provided new perspective on some of the country’s most pressing issues.

In the CNN exclusive sit-down interview, Harris also said she would name a Republican to serve in her Cabinet if elected.

And she summarily dismissed Trump’s assertion, made last month at a conference for Black journalists, that she had altered her racial identity over time.

“Same old, tired playbook,” she said. “Next question, please.”

• Halal 1

33 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In the CNN exclusive sit-down interview, Harris also said she would name a Republican to serve in her Cabinet if elected.

The tent can, in fact, be too big.

• True 1

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

A new memoir by the onetime national security adviser shows how the former president’s insecurities and weaknesses harmed U.S. foreign policy.

Recently on the campaign trail, Donald Trump has talked up his aggressive stance on China, positioning himself as a tough negotiator in a brutal trade war. But a new memoir by Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, one of Trump’s national security advisers, throws that narrative, and many other stories that Trump tells about his time in office, into stark relief.

As McMaster writes in “At War With Ourselves,” the president could sometimes be kept on the straight and narrow with a clever dose of reverse psychology (Xi Jinping wants you to say this, Xi Jinping wants you to say that). But just as often, McMaster shows Trump to have been an unpredictable waffler who undermined himself to the advantage of his competitors on the world stage.

In November 2017, President Trump visited China on the third leg of a 13-day trip around Asia. It was his “most consequential” destination, McMaster explains. As they flew to Beijing, he warned Trump that Xi would try to trick him into saying something that was good for China, but bad for the United States and its allies. “The C.C.P.’s favorite phrase, ‘win-win,’” he recalls telling his boss at one point, “actually meant that China won twice.”

Trump seemed to hear him, but in the Great Hall of the People, the president strayed from his talking points. He agreed with Xi that military exercises in South Korea were “provocative” and a “waste of money” and suggested that China might have a legitimate claim to Japan’s Senkaku Islands. McMaster, his stomach sinking, passed a note to Gen. John Kelly, the chief of staff: Xi “ate our lunch,” it read.

The Master of the Art of The Deal sucks at dealmaking... who knew?

11 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Free IVF, until it's illegal. 

WWW.DETROITNEWS.COM

Donald Trump says that under a Trump administration, the government would pay for IVF treatments.

"How are you gonna pay for that?"

Every round of IVF retrieval costs between $18,000 and $20.000.

• True 2

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

When republicans say things like this they don’t care about silly things like “who’s going to pay for it”

Free IVF for everyone, implant unused, fertilized embryos into the homeless the the police are rounding up, yeet the unwanted newlyborn into a thunderdome, only the strongest of infants will survive to become our new god emperor.

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

35 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Also, things might have changed in the nearly decade since I worked in claims at Anthem but... I never saw a policy that covered IVF, they covered services to diagnose infertility, but stopped there.

4 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Also, things might have changed in the nearly decade since I worked in claims at Anthem but... I never saw a policy that covered IVF, they covered services to diagnose infertility, but stopped there.

Pretty sure my employer covers it. Never went down that path, but I've seen people I work with mention it. 

Yep we woke AF. Same sex couple IVF and tampons in all the bathrooms. 

https://explore.myrocketcareer.com/explore/culture-and-lifestyle/ivf-coverage