Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Suffolk University/USA TODAY national poll of likely voters (8/25-8/28)

Harris 47.6

Trump 43.3

West 1.5

Stein 1.2

Oliver 0.7

Und/ref 5.7

Harris moves core demos versus Biden (June)

<20k HH: KH+23 (was-3)

Ages 18-34: KH+13 (was-11)

Hispanic: KH+16 (was-2)

Black: KH+64 (was+47)

• Hype 1

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Emerson polls, Aug 25-28

Michigan 🟦 Harris +3 / 🟦 Slotkin +6 

Nevada 🟦 Harris +1 / 🟦 Rosen +10 

Pennsylvania 🟨 TIED / 🟦 Casey +4 

Wisconsin 🟥 Trump +1 / 🟦 Baldwin +1  

Arizona 🟥 Trump +3 / 🟦 Gallego +7 

N Carolina 🟥 Trump +1 / 🟦 Stein +6%

Interesting...  

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Emerson polls, Aug 25-28

Michigan 🟦 Harris +3 / 🟦 Slotkin +6 

Nevada 🟦 Harris +1 / 🟦 Rosen +10 

Pennsylvania 🟨 TIED / 🟦 Casey +4 

Wisconsin 🟥 Trump +1 / 🟦 Baldwin +1  

Arizona 🟥 Trump +3 / 🟦 Gallego +7 

N Carolina 🟥 Trump +1 / 🟦 Stein +6%

This poll result is kinda disappointing. What was it before?

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Vance got booed right as he was about to give a speech at a firefighters convention in Boston.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For reference, Walz addressed the same convention yesterday and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

This is why Walz can mostly afford to steamroll their claims of "stolen valor", for now at least.

Right now, Vance is so unlikable that ugly attacks on someone as likable as Walz only serves to make people dislike Vance even more. The funny thing is that Vance is so far in the hole that most people probably wouldn't want to hear it even if he had some legit dirt on Walz.

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

2012 shows that enthusiasm doesn't always translate to wins.

I think it’s because in terms of President dems were pacified and willing to just keep the status quo. So that incumbent advantage.  

58 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Republicans took the house that year didn't they? Wasn't that year a red wave despite losing the presidency?

Yes. Though many Democrats tried to run away from Obama, which kind of fucked themselves over. Then they blamed Obama for not helping keep the house. 

Another part of what didn’t help was the senate flipped in the 2010 mid term to Republican that began immediately obstructing anything the House dems and White House was trying to do. 

Dems in congress fucked around too much trying to play nice with Republicans instead if getting shit done. 

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He was booed when he started the speech.

He was booed during the speech when he claimed that the Trump ticket is the "most pro-workers Republican ticket in history".

He was booed when he left the stage.

I saw a good number of them giving him a standing ovation when he left the stage

16 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He was booed when he started the speech.

He was booed during the speech when he claimed that the Trump ticket is the "most pro-workers Republican ticket in history".

He was booed when he left the stage.

Season 6 Boo Urns GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 2
  • True 1

This is so obviously bad and disrespectful. I don’t think any competent campaign ever thought “Doing a photo op at a cemetery” will get use back in it.

This event made think on the assassination attempt. The real reason it had no impact is that Trump can’t react in a human way. If he can’t blame liberals/democrats he doesn’t know what to do, definitely can’t show any vulnerability; just move on. 

9 minutes ago, outsida said:

This is so obviously bad and disrespectful. I don’t think any competent campaign ever thought “Doing a photo op at a cemetery” will get use back in it.

This event made think on the assassination attempt. The real reason it had no impact is that Trump can’t react in a human way. If he can’t blame liberals/democrats he doesn’t know what to do, definitely can’t show any vulnerability; just move on. 

Another example of this is something I was just discussing with my mom the other day.

Remember that time Trump almost died of Covid? That time when he took the easiest of political layups and went on TV to tell a frightened America that he knew what they were going through because he himself had went through it and that we'd get through it together?

Except, right, he never did that second part because it was more important to keep arguing about face masks and getting people killed out of the sheer need to turn every single fucking thing into a bitter partisan battle.....

• True 2
  • Halal 1

The fucked up thing about this Cemetary story is that this person they had the altercation with is now going to become a target because these assholes couldn't be bothered to follow the fucking rules. Apparently she was going to press charges but changed her mind for fear of retaliation :| All becausse she was trying to enforce FEDERAL LAW and prevent this asshole from using what's supposed to be hallowed ground as a photo-op. THIS is the piece of shit that 40-45% of the country follows :|

This needs to be a bigger story. Fuck this guy. (Trump, not The Mooch)

• Guillotine 1
  • True 3

If you are morally repugnant enough to ignore the previous 1,000 things he's done that would immediately tank any one else's political career you're sure as shit not going to care about this.

He could pull down his pants and spray a fallen soldiers tombstone with diarrhea while giving two middle fingers and these amoral grifters would find a way to spin it.

• True 1

If this was posted earlier, IDGAF I'm posting it again... statment from the Army regarding this incident

WWW.CNN.COM

The US Army issued a stark rebuke of former President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign over the incident on Monday at Arlington National Cemetery, saying in a statement on Thursday that participants in the ceremony “were made aware of federal laws” regarding political activity at the cemetery, and “abruptly pushed aside” an employee of the cemetery.

FUCK.THESE. DUDES. (Trump and his enablers, not the army)

• stepee 2

Just now, ort said:

If you are morally repugnant enough to ignore the previous 1,000 things he's done that would immediately tank any one else's political career you're sure as shit not going to care about this.

He could pull down his pants and spray a fallen soldiers tombstone with diarrhea while giving two middle fingers and these amoral grifters would find a way to spin it.

Yeah I don't care. I refuse to normalize his bullshit. 

Here's more on currently okay threads

WWW.THREADS.NET

J.D. Vance: Donald Trump and I are proud to be the most pro-worker Republican ticket in history and I want to talk about why we’re working for working people. Why we’re going to work for unions....

WWW.THREADS.NET

J.D. Vance calls Boston firefighters union “haters” after they apparently boo him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Republicans took the house that year didn't they? Wasn't that year a red wave despite losing the presidency?

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

No idea. That would require me to look something up.

:nerd:

2012 was a Democratic year. They won the presidency, they expanded their hold on the Senate, and they won the majority plurality of the vote in the House. The tragedy is that if it weren't for the gerrymandering after the 2010 midterms, Dems likely would have taken back the House and Obama could have gotten more accomplished in the beginning of his second term.

EDIT: Changed majority to plurality.