Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

NYT going all in on News media fighting to be the center of attention and the king makers

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

The media is so in the bag for Trump. They want him president cause they know it drives viewership. Disgusting. 

Yeah once you see it, it's hard not to unsee it. Pretty damn disgusting how much they're willing to sacrifice for ratings/clicks/money. :frustrated:

4 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah once you see it, it's hard not to unsee it. Pretty damn disgusting how much they're willing to sacrifice for ratings/clicks/money. :frustrated:

Sounds pretty American to me 

only interested in revenue as a country 

4 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

NYT going all in on News media fighting to be the center of attention and the king makers

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The media is so in the bag for Trump. They want him president cause they know it drives viewership. Disgusting. 

I’m glad others are seeing it now too

On 7/16/2024 at 6:28 AM, Spork3245 said:

Let’s be real: the big news outlets want Trump as president. Their ratings and the attention they received was never higher than under that shit-bag’s presidency. “Yea, right, Spork, they’re constantly trashing Trump and going after any little thing he does”… yea, no shit, it gets them attention and ratings. If Trump loses here he may finally actually go into obscurity, at least, after the 4-12 month long coup attempt. 
I’m not saying that these outlets are against Biden or are conspiring with Trump or whatever conspiracy theory some may think I’m stating. I’m saying that they give a big’ol 1960s sitcom-esq “that’s our Trump *womp womp*” reaction to his shit while over focusing on dumb shit from others right now to the point that it’s just flat out irresponsible. There’s been a real shift in coverage over the past 4-ish months, and it feels like it’s almost at a subconscious level.

It’s truly both disturbing and disgusting

• True 1

14 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

GVxHy5JXQAA0wxZ?format=jpg&name=large

NC starts voting in 13 days, and the We The People Party hasn't attempted to remove RFK from the ballot.

I don’t have my glasses on right now, so I thought Chase Oliver’s running mate was someone named “Mike the Meat”.

MICHIGAN poll by TIPP for theamgreatness

Harris: 48%

Trump: 46%

Senate

Slotkin: 49%

Rogers: 39%

Fav/unfav (rvs) 

Whitmer: 54-39 (net: +15)

Slotkin: 40-29 (+11)

Walz: 34-32 (+2)

Harris: 47-48 (-1)

Trump: 44-52 (-8)

Rogers: 27-38 (-11)

Vance: 31-44 (-13) 

(1.8/2.0) | 8/20-22 | 741 LV | ±3.7%

Republican sponsored poll, lol.

• Thanks 1

"Harris-Walz campaign has raised $540 million just since Harris took over — a record for any campaign in history. Since the start of the DNC, volunteers have signed up for nearly 200,000 shifts — including 90,000 shift sign-ups just from Thursday and Friday alone."

82 million was during the convention, 1/3 of convention donations from new donors.

• Hype 1

Apparently the Harris campaign has 4% of Georgia volunteering for it.

"Earlier this month, Harris held the second rally of her presidential campaign in Atlanta, an event that featured Megan Thee Stallion; the campaign said it attracted more than 10,000 people.

It then launched a mobilization effort in the state and now touts nearly 400,000 volunteers, 174 staffers and 24 coordinated campaign offices sprawled across Georgia. The campaign refers to its ground game there as “the largest in-state operation of any democratic presidential campaign cycle ever in Georgia.”

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The Democratic ticket will launch a bus tour in southern Georgia next week, as Harris and Walz are expected to tape their first interview together.

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 5

34 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Apparently the Harris campaign has 4% of Georgia volunteering for it.

"Earlier this month, Harris held the second rally of her presidential campaign in Atlanta, an event that featured Megan Thee Stallion; the campaign said it attracted more than 10,000 people.

It then launched a mobilization effort in the state and now touts nearly 400,000 volunteers, 174 staffers and 24 coordinated campaign offices sprawled across Georgia. The campaign refers to its ground game there as “the largest in-state operation of any democratic presidential campaign cycle ever in Georgia.”

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The Democratic ticket will launch a bus tour in southern Georgia next week, as Harris and Walz are expected to tape their first interview together.

CORRECTION: (Aug. 25, 2024 2:05 p.m. ET) A previous version of this article misstated the number of volunteers the Harris campaign has in Georgia. It has 400,000 nationally, not in the state of Georgia

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Looking back, these were some of my favorite moments from the DNC. At no point before has there been so many from the opposing party speaking out at a convention, and against their own party's nominee. And likely we won't see anything like it again. I feel like these speeches were some of the most compelling, because it's one thing to hear from people that have always aligned with your policies and principles, but it's a much bigger deal when the people you don't align with are pushed by a common enemy to join your side. For other Republicans out there and those sitting on the fence that weren't paying attention, these are some of the strongest testimonies we have.

• Halal 2

RE: Media wants Trump to win for ratings.

Trump says it himself outloud, he's always talking about having the best ratings. If you look at the clip with the Black Journalists he tells the FOX journo how he got her good ratings like "Yeah yeah you like that don't you? You like these ratings." And she was like "hahahah yes sir."

from CNN

spacer.png

Rock band Foo Fighters did not give Donald Trump’s campaign permission to play one of their songs at a recent campaign rally, a representative for the band said, and they plan to donate any royalties from the unauthorized use to Vice President Kamala Harris’ campaign.

On Friday, Foo Fighters’ song “My Hero” was played at a campaign rally for Trump in Arizona, according to video taken at the event and shared to social media.

A spokesperson for the band, however, said in a statement to CNN on Sunday that the group didn’t give Trump’s campaign the green light to use their hit 1997 rock anthem.

“Foo Fighters were not asked permission, and if they were they would not have granted it,” the statement from the representative said, adding that any royalties the band received “as a result of this use will be donated to the Harris/Walz campaign.”

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1