Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

I am sympathetic to his medical conditions and I’m not mocking him for them, but every RFK fan who clung to the notion that if he were allowed to debate he’d wipe the floor with people?  Even ignoring his wild takes, listening to the man is profoundly uncomfortable.  I don’t think get more mainstream attention would have helped him at all.

Not to mention that if Biden talked like that the right would have been sending an undertaker onto the debate stage to measure him for his casket...

Dems need a blowout to defeat Trump. Anything but a 2008-level landslide will just result in Trump contesting the results. Dems shouldn't be saying that reaching 270 is good enough.

To use a boxing analogy: Dems are settling for a decision win, when they should be going for the knockout.

• True 3

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

Dems need a blowout to defeat Trump. Anything but a 2008-level landslide will just result in Trump contesting the results. Dems shouldn't be saying that reaching 270 is good enough.

To use a boxing analogy: Dems are settling for a decision win, when they should be going for the knockout.

Hell I'd be happy just to reach Biden's polling numbers in 2020. But we haven't even done that yet.

To be clear, him "contesting the results" wasn't enough when he was the sitting President, and it sure as shit ain't gonna be enough when he's just some fat schlub.

But I agree, less for Trump contesting things and more for localized fuckery.

• True 2

I hate to break it to you, no victory is going to stop him from claiming it was a cheat.  Landslide or not, he will accept no results.  The useless fuck could personally interview every voter and tally the vote himself and he would STILL not accept any method where he loses.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 3

8 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Hell I'd be happy just to reach Biden's polling numbers in 2020. But we haven't even done that yet.

Theres an extremely good chance pollsters have adjusted their polls because of their misses in 16 and 20 FYI, in 22 they undercounted dems in the midterms.  So them showing a much closer race with a clear Harris' lead isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

A landslide victory is needed because many new MAGAt planted mechanisms of voter suppression and/or intimidation will be at play…. Perhaps a total failure by Trump might finally reduce the prominence of the MAGAt idiots whose influence has risen for their buy-in on Trump. I doubt it will happen but it sure would be nice to get an “easy” win with a few surprises

35 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

To be clear, him "contesting the results" wasn't enough when he was the sitting President, and it sure as shit ain't gonna be enough when he's just some fat schlub.

But I agree, less for Trump contesting things and more for localized fuckery.

Yeeaaah, this is the truth. For all the fearmongering that Trump & Co will try and steal it again, they have a decided disadvantage this time. They showed their hand in 2020/21 and people are onto their games. Lawyers are prepared this time, capital police are prepared this time, and as you said, he no longer has a home field advantage. It will be a lot easier keeping him from getting in than it was forcing him to leave.

Any delay tactics will just keep Joe in power for even longer, so even that strategy doesn't help them.

23 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Yeeaaah, this is the truth. For all the fearmongering that Trump & Co will try and steal it again, they have a decided disadvantage this time. They showed their hand in 2020/21 and people are onto their games. Lawyers are prepared this time, capital police are prepared this time, and as you said, he no longer has a home field advantage. It will be a lot easier keeping him from getting in than it was forcing him to leave.

Any delay tactics will just keep Joe in power for even longer, so even that strategy doesn't help them.

Well actually if for whatever reason no president is certified by Jan. 20th I believe the speaker of the house becomes president, which dems look to be favorites to take the house back atm.  Course in this scenario shit is completely fucked and who knows how bad things get.  I also think the chances of this are zero, election probably looks more like 20 but slightly more blue.

• Halal 1

48 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Theres an extremely good chance pollsters have adjusted their polls because of their misses in 16 and 20 FYI, in 22 they undercounted dems in the midterms.  So them showing a much closer race with a clear Harris' lead isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I wanted to give this a “true” react, but it’s more like a “goddamn I hope this is true.”

Harris could beat Trump in the electoral count 538 to 0 and he would still call the results fraudulent. I agree that a decisive victory will help the normals to consider it nonsense, but it’s not gonna stop Trump. 

When (if) he loses, I would have to think that this time the GOP will finally be ready to turn on him. It’s going to be fun to watch when the right wing media machine finally decides to drag him through the mud and move on. I think there’s a good 10-15% of the GOP base that will stay MAGA or whatever but I would have to think that many of these people are eager to move on. 

10 years from now no one will admit they ever supported him. The GOP will pretend like this Trump era never happened. Kinda like how so many GOP voters no longer like Bush Jr at all. 

• True 2

10 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

GVuAIlOWgAAn-lA?format=jpg&name=large

JD Vance not even gonna make it to early voting.

One of the men vying to lead the nation is suffering from brain rot… *Hint* Its the orange faced one… the orange face with red tie to be more specific

2 hours ago, ort said:

Harris could beat Trump in the electoral count 538 to 0 and he would still call the results fraudulent.

He'd call it fraudulent if he beat her 538 to 0, he'd complain the popular vote should have been 100% for him. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, ort said:

I mean kinda, but if JD Vance is a 8 out of 10 on the weirdness scale, RFK Jr is an 11/10. 

Yeah but old nutjobs identify with him. The only people that idenify with JD Vance are incels and they hate themselves so its not much of a help. 

4 hours ago, ort said:

I mean kinda, but if JD Vance is a 8 out of 10 on the weirdness scale, RFK Jr is an 11/10. 

Knowing what I now know about his throat issue, I don’t like that emphysema crack. But what the fuck is this. He’s covered in more bugs than Imhotep.