Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

Did… did his phone just dial four and five because he said them out loud?

Old people just hit buttons with their face. I'd talk to old people all the time when I was a processor and the entire call was them hitting buttons and not even questioning why there were tons every 8 seconds. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ominous said:

Old people just hit buttons with their face. I'd talk to old people all the time when I was a processor and the entire call was them hitting buttons and not even questioning why there were tons every 8 seconds. 

And it's well past sundowning hour. Good time to put him on TV.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The "special guest" turned out to be one of those leaks from the good ol' days of E3.

The good news is I think this thread established the fact that Taylor Swift is the most gifted musician of all time.

• True 2

I didn't watch any of the RNC, but watched much of the DNC and the contrasts between to two parties are stark. Yes, the DNC warned of the dangers of a Trump presidency and that was dark and serious, but overall, I felt so much joy. Saw all the inclusivity. My spirits have been lifted this week.

How does anyone look at the GOP and feel joy?

• Halal 4
  • Hugs 2

Her mention of Gaza was, sadly, exactly what I expected. It was pretty start how she spoke of Israel in the active tense and switched to passive voice for what's being done to the Gazans. 

But again, what I expected. Hopefully she carries Michigan. 

Overall...

I'm fired up and ready to go. I'm feeling that Hope again. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't watch any of the RNC, but watched much of the DNC and the contrasts between to two parties are stark. Yes, the DNC warned of the dangers of a Trump presidency and that was dark and serious, but overall, I felt so much joy. Saw all the inclusivity. My spirits have been lifted this week.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

There is a large segment of the country that is addicted to rage. Just listen to right wing radio; its apocalyptic non stop. 

• True 1

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

They don’t look at the GOP and feel joy. But that’s not the emotion their voters are embracing or the emotion Republican leaders are appealing to. It’s fear.

Conservatism, in the truest sense of the word. 

• True 2

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

They're not selling joy, Trump sells fear.  American carnage and all that, Democrats are letting in all the brown people and they're coming for your town.  Vance grumbled about Harris enjoying herself while Americans suffered or whatever.

They can't sell fun because they aren't fun people.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

What is even happening here? Is he drunk? Is he trying to pick up a dime that fell on the floor to pay his settlements and tripped?

Giuliani has a noted drinking problem: 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The former mayor’s drinking has become an investigative subplot in Donald Trump’s federal case over 2020 election interference. But long before that, friends had grown deeply concerned.

Could also just be age. Old people fall a lot.

Not gonna lie, I was a touch afraid she wouldn't live up to the moment after all the buildup.  Good to see her bring the house down. 

At the very least, she cleared the most important bar she had to clear, which was to appear convincingly presidential.  Policy details are way overrated in these matters.  We're a tribe of monkeys, and elections are about convincing us you're ready to take over the tribe.  I think she did a good job of looking ready. 

Also glad to see her and the DNC continue to beat MAGA at its own nationalist game.  

And her and Walz are a great rhetorical one-two punch.  Their images and their speaking style complement each other very well.

Now, for godssakes Democrats, VOTE!

• stepee 4
  • True 1

THEONION.COM

CHICAGO—Struggling to hold his phone steady while his wife spoke at the Democratic National Convention, second gentleman Doug Emhoff reportedly sent a blurry picture of Vice President Kamala Harris on stage Tuesday to his family group chat. “She’s on stage right now,” read the text, which was sent to at least 16 different phone numbers—including […]

• Haha 1

kamala mentioning palestinians have the right to self determination is interesting. i assume she’s just referring to a two state solution or something. all the cheers in support of israel was gross tho