Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

18 minutes ago, Comet said:

She is vapid and boring, but she also has the world's attention span by the balls. Anything she says, goes. The end. 

Her fans caused a fucking seismic event at one of her concerts. What she says matters. Trump is vapid and boring too and that mother fucker became President of the United States.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Shes an extremely popular and influential white woman, people will come up with reasons to hate her.

My dislike of her has nothing to do with her being a woman. 

Jesus christ this thread... what the fuck does her music have to do with this particular discussion? She's infulential  that's what matters and she's on the right side of the issues here. That's ALL that should matter regarding this particular discussion. I swear it seems like some progressives would rather enjoy the sweet smell of their own assholes rather actually win and get shit done smh. Michelle Obama LITERALLY spoke on this goofy shit the other night 

• stepee 2
  • Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 3
  • Hype 2

This is why these discussions are so tedious and pointless.  Of course Taylor Swift is a good musician, even if the music she makes isn’t something I go for you have to tie yourself into knots to argue it is “bad.”  She writes catchy songs, she plays her instruments well, and she can very obviously sing.  William Hung is a bad musician.  Taylor Swift is a good musician that might make things you don’t care for.

• Thanks 1
  • True 4

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

This is why these discussions are so tedious and pointless.  Of course Taylor Swift is a good musician, even if the music she makes isn’t something I go for you have to tie yourself into knots to argue it is “bad.”  She writes catchy songs, she plays her instruments well, and she can very obviously sing.  William Hung is a bad musician.  Taylor Swift is a good musician that might make things you don’t care for.

Also regarding THIS particular discussion IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.  

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Her fans caused a fucking seismic event at one of her concerts. What she says matters. Trump is vapid and boring too and that mother fucker became President of the United States.

So did Marshawn Lynch! 

I hope he is the speaker.

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Taylor Swift is a good musician in the same way a Whopper is a good hamburger. The things you're describing are baseline competence.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Taylor Swift is a good musician in the same way a Whopper is a good hamburger. The things you're describing are baseline competence.

Things like this just show how much of a bubble there is for certain things.  Saying Taylor Swift has baseline competence is like saying Bryce Young is a terrible quarterback.  No he isn’t, he’s the worst quarterback out of the 32 best quarterbacks in the entire world.

You want to see baseline competent musicians, drag your ass to some crunchy local battle of the bands and you will see people who can play the guitar in the same way that I can throw a Hail Mary.  The ball mostly spirals and moves forward, but that’s about it.  

• True 1