Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Seriously though, Swift seems like the obvious choice to me. Trump can't shut up about her, she hasn't officially endorsed anyone yet but also hasn't really given any indication she won't endorse the Dem like she has in the past, and she is definitely at the star level of being a secret speaker for night 4 of a convention. 

Still think it would be hilarious if it was the Rock.... especially since they had Hogan on night 4 :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Still think it would be hilarious if it was the Rock....

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Wrestler and actor endorsed president and Kamala Harris in 2020 but tells Fox News that for 2024 he will ‘keep my politics to myself’

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Wrestler and actor endorsed president and Kamala Harris in 2020 but tells Fox News that for 2024 he will ‘keep my politics to myself’

16 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

(and the episode from earlier this year also might have been a bit of his heel persona)...

The Rock and his desperate attempts to make sure everyone likes him can fuck off. He's an absolute coward if he starts pulling for Kamala now. Reminds me of Punk finally joining AEW after they became the hottest promotion at the time.

I'll forgive Swift's private plane usage for the nest year if she shows tonight. :)

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I also think Kamala being the candidate she is and the race she is running gives him a pretty good "out" on the divisive thing. 

Pragmatically Rock might have seen little reason to endorse Joe since things weren't looking too good for him at the time. Rhetorically Kamala and her "Joy" campaign (not to mention the realities of her ethnicity) gives him the perfect out to say that she IS the candidate that can unite the country in a way that he feels Biden couldn't/didn't.

But we'll see tonight, or as the race goes on. Like I said I think the safe bet would be Swift....

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Taylor Swift. She's said that she regrets not being more vocal in 2020 and she doesn't care what anyone thinks, she's going to do everything in her power to make sure the Dems win this time. 

Plus Trump shared an AI picture of her endorsing him, seems like the easiest way to get her to do something like this.

This is a bit of an "own goal" to not provide the opportunity for this incredibly inoffensive/uncontroversial speech to be delivered at the convention:

WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

Read what Georgia State Rep. Ruwa Romman hopes to tell Democrats.

My name is Ruwa Romman, and I’m honored to be the first Palestinian elected to public office in the great state of Georgia and the first Palestinian to ever speak at the Democratic National Convention. My story begins in a small village near Jerusalem, called Suba, where my dad’s family is from. My mom’s roots trace back to Al Khalil, or Hebron. My parents, born in Jordan, brought us to Georgia when I was eight, where I now live with my wonderful husband and our sweet pets.

Growing up, my grandfather and I shared a special bond. He was my partner in mischief—whether it was sneaking me sweets from the bodega or slipping a $20 into my pocket with that familiar wink and smile. He was my rock, but he passed away a few years ago, never seeing Suba or any part of Palestine again. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss him.

This past year has been especially hard. As we’ve been moral witnesses to the massacres in Gaza, I’ve thought of him, wondering if this was the pain he knew too well. When we watched Palestinians displaced from one end of the Gaza Strip to the other I wanted to ask him how he found the strength to walk all those miles decades ago and leave everything behind. 

But in this pain, I’ve also witnessed something profound—a beautiful, multifaith, multiracial, and multigenerational coalition rising from despair within our Democratic Party. For 320 days, we’ve stood together, demanding to enforce our laws on friend and foe alike to reach a ceasefire, end the killing of Palestinians, free all the Israeli and Palestinian hostages, and to begin the difficult work of building a path to collective peace and safety. That’s why we are here—members of this Democratic Party committed to equal rights and dignity for all. What we do here echoes around the world.

They’ll say this is how it’s always been, that nothing can change. But remember Fannie Lou Hamer—shunned for her courage, yet she paved the way for an integrated Democratic Party. Her legacy lives on, and it’s her example we follow.

But we can’t do it alone. This historic moment is full of promise, but only if we stand together. Our party’s greatest strength has always been our ability to unite. Some see that as a weakness, but it’s time we flex that strength. 

Let’s commit to each other, to electing Vice President Harris and defeating Donald Trump who uses my identity as a Palestinian as a slur. Let’s fight for the policies long overdue—from restoring access to abortions to ensuring a living wage, to demanding an end to reckless war and a ceasefire in Gaza. To those who doubt us, to the cynics and the naysayers, I say, yes we can—yes we can be a Democratic Party that prioritizes funding our schools and hospitals, not for endless wars. That fights for an America that belongs to all of us—Black, brown, and white, Jews and Palestinians, all of us, like my grandfather taught me, together.

59 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Maybe it's......

the-rock-entrance.gif

He endorsed Biden in 2020, did a meely mouth thing about "not wanting to divide the country" earlier this year when he said he wouldn't endorse Biden again, but maybe having Harris changed his mind(and the episode from earlier this year also might have been a bit of his heel persona)....

I hope not, his “brand ambassador” phase has been very obnoxious, between the Rock, Kevin Hart and Ryan Reynolds ive had my fill of their histrionics… whatever, like Oprah.. if there are folks still influenced by their buy-in so be it

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a bit of an "own goal" to not allow this incredibly inoffensive/uncontroversial speech to be delivered at the convention:

WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

Nah they can sit this one out. I have 0 faith they can execute without making some show of it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a bit of an "own goal" to not provide the opportunity for this incredibly inoffensive/uncontroversial speech to be delivered at the convention:

WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

I've said it multiple times already but just as a cold realpolitik practical matter, the Biden margin in Michigan in 154k and there's 220k Arab-Americans in Michigan. The Dems cannot afford to make this group decide they'd rather stay home on election day!

• Halal 1