Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

When our daughter was born in 2010, the Navy was kind enough to give me 10 days of leave (which the weekends counted).  I was ecstatic, because they had recently upped the leave amount from something like 5 days.  I think they recently increased it to 12 weeks of leave which is pretty nice. 

At least we had zero out of pocket expenses when she was born. 

• stepee 1

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

When our daughter was born in 2010, the Navy was kind enough to give me 10 days of leave (which the weekends counted).  I was ecstatic, because they had recently upped the leave amount from something like 5 days.  I think they recently increased it to 12 weeks of leave which is pretty nice. 

At least we had zero out of pocket expenses when she was born. 

I feel like my wife was barely human again after 10 days, that’s absurd.

• True 1

There was no better decision for my wife and I as parents than foregoing the, at the time, over 50% of our family income in favor of my wife being a SAHM. We lived on very limited funds, but it was well worth it to us and I see the return of that investment daily as our children approach adulthood.

• True 2

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

maybe Donald should run for President of Israel then. 

"They said they wanted to call me King of the Jews. I said no, no sir that's far too much. President of the Jews works just fine, thank you."

• Haha 5

I'm so fucking sick of this communist shit. FUCK OFF WITH THAT RHETORIC. It's so fucking sick and deranged and gross and dangerous.

Why do they just let them say shit like that? PUSH BACK FUCKING HARD.

It needs to fucking stop. It's so ridiculous. It's not fucking acceptable.

13 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm so fucking sick of this communist shit. FUCK OFF WITH THAT RHETORIC. It's so fucking sick and deranged and gross and dangerous.

Why do they just let them say shit like that? PUSH BACK FUCKING HARD.

It needs to fucking stop. It's so ridiculous. It's not fucking acceptable.

Republicans have been calling Democrats communists since at least Reagan I feel.  It's not going to stop, the millennials and younger couldn't even define it and apply that definition to anything.

9 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

YES. Keep doing the absolutely insane unpopular shit:

MEIDASNEWS.COM

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

WOW.

I have seen several media outlets trying to chide Dems for playing into the couch joke like "After years of criticizing Trump for his lies Dems are doing the same thing". But like I said a while back....there is a subtle difference. The couch joke is also a meta commentary on how Trump and Republicans are so fucking crazy that it has become impossible to discern what might be true when something is said about them.

And case in fucking point right here.......simply reading that headline breaks your brain. By any conceivable metric having Oscar night for traitors makes fucking a couch seem downright wholesome and normal....

• True 1

Poll of Arizona Hispanics

Harris 59%

Trump 34%

US Senate

Gallego 63%

Lake 29%

Televisa Univision 8/1-8/8 online panel n=721 (426 dominant Spanish/Bilingual) margin of error +/- 3.7

For reference Biden won this group 61 - 37, so bout the same as 2020.

Maybe it's......

the-rock-entrance.gif

He endorsed Biden in 2020, did a meely mouth thing about "not wanting to divide the country" earlier this year when he said he wouldn't endorse Biden again, but maybe having Harris changed his mind(and the episode from earlier this year also might have been a bit of his heel persona)....