Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, Jason said:
BSKY.APP

Obama: We know the sequel is always worse. Fact-check: This is an exaggeration. While many sequels are worse, most critics will ride for at least one or two as better than the first film. Popular answers include Godfather II, Toy Story 2, and Aliens.

Terminator 2, The Dark Knight Returns, Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo...

15 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

please be working himself to a heart attack 

The Roman emperor Valentinian I screamed himself to death.

Without waiting for the spring, Valentinian decided to continue campaigning and moved from Savaria to Brigetio. He arrived on 17 November 375 and had a hostile meeting with a Quadi deputation,[56] who received permission for their people to leave in peace in return for supplying fresh recruits to the Roman army. The envoys insisted that the conflict was caused by the building of Roman forts in their lands. They added that individual bands of Quadi, not affiliated with the chiefs who had made the treaties, might still attack the Romans at any time. Enraged, Valentinian began yelling abuse at the envoys and suffered a fatal stroke

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m proud that I cast my first vote ever for Barack Obama in 2008. 

Even if from that moment on it marked me as an outcast in my family. 

You had better judgement than I did (I think we're the same age). I did go with McCain that election.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m proud that I cast my first vote ever for Barack Obama in 2008. 

Even if from that moment on it marked me as an outcast in my family. 

I lived abroad until the ‘08 election. I voted absentee for Obama. Came home a few weeks later having been abroad for two years. But when he won the shift in attitude towards me as an American was palpable. People running up to me saying “congrats on Obama!” and giving me thumbs up instead of middle fingers and poorly-Englished insults. 

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Reputator said:

You had better judgement than I did (I think we're the same age). I did go with McCain that election.

Just turned 37. I could have voted in the 2006 midterms, but I didn’t get around at that point.

My senior year in high school, I had a Bush/Cheney sticker on my car, but that’s around the time my views started to evolve and it just went progressive from there. 

• Halal 1