Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

46 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

I think anyone even remotely familiar with the cultures of Central and South America and parts of the Caribbean would not be shocked. At least, it is my understanding that many of those peoples identify more closely with American conservative “values” (real or claimed) of (Christian) faith and family. 

Yup, I f’n hate that sooo f’n much too…

Literally most of the 80s immigrants that found their way to the US did so because of destabilizing crap Reagan endorsed in the 80s.. Conservative values are almost an extension of that machismo crap that is so prevalent there too..

On an unrelated note it seemingly affects Futbol taste too cause the 105 or so family that gathered at my grandmas funeral were all Real Madrid fans and fanatically hated Barcelona..

Why are they bringing on the headline speakers so late?  It's going to be midnight on the East Coast by the time Obama gets on stage.  It was close to midnight there when Biden spoke.  Is that intentional, to lower the profile of the older fixtures of the party, and draw more attention to the newer ones, or maybe to keep them from stealing Kamala's thunder?

6 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Why are they bringing on the headline speakers so late?  It's going to be midnight on the East Coast by the time Obama gets on stage.  It was close to midnight there when Biden spoke.  Is that intentional, to lower the profile of the older fixtures of the party, and draw more attention to the newer ones, or maybe to keep them from stealing Kamala's thunder?

Probably an understanding that more people will be watching this online later than live night of.

• Halal 1

Michelle Obama: "Who's gonna tell him that job he's seeking might be one of those black jobs?"

g'damn. And the fact that she straight up went there -- that Trump was intimidated by successful black people -- was refreshing.

• stepee 3