Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Remember when Trump torpedoed the border security bill to help his election?

This is worse.

34 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

There are US citizens among the hostages held by Hamas so this is borderline treasonous. 

"If he'd said something different than what he actually did, then that would have been a lie." 

BSKY.APP

They seriously tagged a 100% factually accurate claim, a claim that is indisputably correct regardless of context, as "misleading." [contains quote post or other embedded content]

BSKY.APP

FACT CHECK: 8 years is actually twice as long as 4 years.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

I don't understand how the vast majority of republicans don't HATE Trump. I really don't get it.

If the Democrats ran a man with the dispostion of Trump and then the entire party supported and normalized his insanity for a decade while we lost election after election I would loudly and proudly abandon the Democratic Party. I would never support that party. I would never support that candidate. Not in a million years. I don't think I would vote for the Republicans, but I would never vote for a pro-DEMTrump Democrat ever again.

1 hour ago, Best said:

I honestly cannot grasp this either and I live with my mother who thinks he's an amazing man. It's because she only watches fox news and they portray him in such a positive light. She is litteraly brainwashed.

After decades of Karl Rove coordinated subtle racism, Rush Limbaugh flavored talk radio and Fox News, you guys don't understand his appeal to the Republican base? Trump says all of the "quiet" parts out loud... all of the stuff that they wish they could say but resent our "woke" overlords for preventing them from saying. He appeals to boomer resentment and white greviance wrapped up in a package that was sold to them as being a brilliant businessman (by the same liberal Hollywood establishment that they hate BTW) Trump is living embodiment of chickens coming home to roost, to paraphrase my avatar. I'm not shocked that Trump has followers, I'm relieved that he's so terrible. Imagine if he was actually intelligent and competent. This country would literally be The Fourth Reich. My advice? Stop being shocked...accept it for what it is and try to combat it the best way you can by beating your loved ones over the head with actual facts and the truth. 

• stepee 3
  • True 1
  • Halal 4

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump says all of the "quiet" parts out loud... all of the stuff that they wish they could say but resent our "woke" overlords for preventing them from saying.

I'm more surprised that these loudmouth dipshits were ever intentionally quiet about anything. I've never hidden a single opinion I've had and consider it the most chickenshit self-defeating thing you can do. If you're scared to even state your opinion, maybe there's a fuckin' reason for that. While in certain circumstances that might be because you're in a highly oppressive environment, these idiots were never in any such environment.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Reputator said:

Think about it. If Haley had been their nominee, it wouldn't have mattered if Biden stepped own. The GOP would have been the first to a fresh-faced ticket. They would have been the ones to generate excitement over a potential woman president. Harris could still have taken Biden's place, but the impact would have been completely blunted. It would have looked like a weak, begrudging response, and the GOP would have looked like the more bold, courageous party.

When they finally head that route they will just pick the most obtuse jackass of a woman. A “rude and callous” version of Marjorie Greene. It will be the most transparent check the box nominee you will ever see. The Dems play into those optics as well BUT they actually find competent qualified folks to fill those roles.. The GOP will just as likely put a Valentina Gomez or Holly Rehder up there because theyre brash but obedient to their overarching ideology

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm more surprised that these loudmouth dipshits were ever intentionally quiet about anything. I've never hidden a single opinion I've had and consider it the most chickenshit self-defeating thing you can do. If you're scared to even state your opinion, maybe there's a fuckin' reason for that. While in certain circumstances that might be because you're in a highly oppressive environment, these idiots were never in any such environment.

That was all Lee Atwater's strategy. To appeal to racism without appearing racist.

This was in 1988 and this was the strategy on The Right ever since Nixon and was used against those who called this shit out for what it was... "Why do you have to make everything about Race?" Do you know how many times I heard that weak shit from college on ? Mostly from white friends and colleagues who never considered themselves racist even though they supported racist shit. Trump just put everything out in the open and fueled by Obama and The Great Replacement Theory, white America was at least willing to hear the man out. They made this idiot Presiden based on complete and utter bullshit. This fraud should be in jail, yet he still has a decent chance of being President again. To all my progressive, non racist white friends PLEASE stop being shocked and see this for what it is and has always been. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, Paperclyp said:

It's funny that some of them have tried to flip the "weird" thing back on the dems. But they just can't get out of their own way. 

Weirdos ironically don'tknow they're weird... which can be a good thing if they are weird in a good way. It's tragic when they are just... weird.

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Weirdos ironically don'tknow they're weird... which can be a good thing if they are weird in a good way. It's tragic when they are just... weird.

Yeah they accuse dems of being in an echo chamber but these weirdos have been obsessed with weird stuff for so long they forgot it was a grift. 

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah they accuse dems of being in an echo chamber but these weirdos have been obsessed with weird stuff for so long they forgot it was a grift. 

Crazy seeing the guys that created the right wing echo chamber falling for things like "The Walz rollout was a disaster and we're hearing hes going to drop out at any moment!" as he constantly polls as the most favorable of all of them.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

They couldn't express "the quiet part" in public because they'd get called out for being a twat. Now so much of this bullshit thrives online where you can not only say the quiet part out loud, but figuratively scream it and immediately be reinforced by algorithmic fellatio. A lot of the "find out" portion of the equation happens IRL when these people leave their echo chambers and try to tell people whose brains aren't as smooth as poached eggs that Kamala Harris isn't black or that they hope their black airline pilot is actually qualified to fly.

The same fucking people who crow about safe spaces being for cowards "protest" in ski masks and balaclavas, having emerged from from U Hauls with no windows to do so.

• True 1

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Crazy seeing the guys that created the right wing echo chamber falling for things like "The Walz rollout was a disaster and we're hearing hes going to drop out at any moment!" as he constantly polls as the most favorable of all of them.

I’m hearing that Biden is dead or will imminently die. 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

After decades of Karl Rove coordinated subtle racism, Rush Limbaugh flavored talk radio and Fox News, you guys don't understand his appeal to the Republican base? Trump says all of the "quiet" parts out loud... all of the stuff that they wish they could say but resent our "woke" overlords for preventing them from saying. He appeals to boomer resentment and white greviance wrapped up in a package that was sold to them as being a brilliant businessman (by the same liberal Hollywood establishment that they hate BTW) Trump is living embodiment of chickens coming home to roost, to paraphrase my avatar. I'm not shocked that Trump has followers, I'm relieved that he's so terrible. Imagine if he was actually intelligent and competent. This country would literally be The Fourth Reich. My advice? Stop being shocked...accept it for what it is and try to combat it the best way you can by beating your loved ones over the head with actual facts and the truth. 

And some of them were loud even then, but they did try to massage it to not sound racist. Here's Fox News in 2006 talking about half the kids being minorities and telling their audience to "make more babies" under the guise of human survival (which, for some reason, opened up with half the kids being minorities, which shouldn't matter if it's just about survival). Tell me the racist white replacement theory isn't part of this fear:

• True 1

I know a lot of this is because she was associated with Biden, who had low approval ratings, but I've never seen anything like this in modern times:

FAvgVvA.png

Makes you feel good. I know we have :feelsgood: and :feelsrona: but I vouched for this to be added: 

UcTe3yp.png

Hell, I'd love that to be a reaction under posts! @Jason @Commissar SFLUFAN I'll be your friends.

After raising $67 million in June, the RNC just reported raising less than half that amount last month — which included the convention. Slightly less than $31 million in receipts, while sending $33.5 million out the door. 

In July 2020, the RNC raised $55.3 million, and about $67 million that August — the convention month. (Last month’s events also included the Trump assassination attempt and the Biden-Harris swap-surge)

Republicans don't even care he got shot. 

• Shocked 2
  • Sicko Sherman 2