Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Two obvious ones: state ballot access laws. Unless the nominee is Harris all the money has to go back to the donors and can't be transferred to the new candidate. 

Dems just had to officially nominate Biden already because the Ohio Secretary of State refused to budge and the legislature didn’t give a waiver as it has before, for its ballot access laws

@MarSoloI think you’re the only other person here who’s a big enough masochist to occasionally watch Real Time. For some reason I watched last night’s episode and I want to post it on the board because Tulsi Gabbard was on the panel - she’s full blown MAGA now? Wtf. It was like she was hard auditioning to be Trump’s VP pick. Compared Hillary Clinton to Trump’s Jan 6th. Jfc

• Sicko Sherman 1

51 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Post debate poll.

Biden 45% (+1) Trump 44% Last poll was a tie Morning Consult - 2000 RV - 6/28

GRM_bklWYAAvmOZ?format=jpg&name=large

Turns out just cause you want him replaced doesn't mean you're not going to vote for him.

Our side has been beating Trump on substantive issues so long because he is inept that maybe we forgot the plus side of polarized politics.

It's frustrating as fuck when all the stuff that Trump does refuses to translate to big swings in the polls.

On the flip side, maybe liberals need to take a breath and understand that also means Joe's support isn't going to collapse because of one bad debate performance.

Of course, if we spend the next fucking month or two talking about how no one should vote for him....that might change.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I saw a poll yesterday that showed Biden leading by one point amongst rural voters. It was posted by a right winger on reddit who was complaining that college educated women were going to be the downfall of the country. They were overwhelmingly going for Biden.

There's also the whole you gotta respect your elders thing the GOP is violating.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Of course, if we spend the next fucking month or two talking about how no one should vote for him....that might change.

This is what I've been saying for over a year now!! Completely! Get on the fucking bus everyone, it's got some wear & tear but there's no other bus coming!

• Haha 3
  • True 1

6 hours ago, Oracle said:

Project 2025 is scary, and we should very much be working to avoid that scenario, but it only becomes hopeless once we just give up. The good and bad thing about American Democracy is how it's made out of a billion moving pieces from the federal government down to the city council of a town with a population of 1,000. We can't stop all of Project 2025 but we can sure give a fight against some of it by cutting it off where we can.

Something like Project 2025 only does full damage if everyone gives up and figures it's useless to try.

I should have done one more name change to oracle since some count on me for positivity, but I’ll take this.

WWW.CNN.COM

Historian Allan Lichtman, who has successfully predicted past presidential election winners based on key characteristics, says that it would be a mistake...

Here's some counterpoints (with historical context) to the notion of replacing Biden.

• stepee 2

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:
WWW.CNN.COM

Historian Allan Lichtman, who has successfully predicted past presidential election winners based on key characteristics, says that it would be a mistake...

Here's some counterpoints (with historical context) to the notion of replacing Biden.

Dude is right! Thanks for the clip.

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Does this mean now that you're married you've retired from name changes? :(

Animated GIF

(Now that I posted this in wondering if the origin of this is actually slavery 😔 WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY MISOGYNY WITHOUT THE RACISM!?! 😭 )

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

This is what I've been saying for over a year now!! Completely! Get on the fucking bus everyone, it's got some wear & tear but there's no other bus coming!

Ridin with Biden, choo choo get on board motherfuckers this train don’t stop

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@MarSoloI think you’re the only other person here who’s a big enough masochist to occasionally watch Real Time. For some reason I watched last night’s episode and I want to post it on the board because Tulsi Gabbard was on the panel - she’s full blown MAGA now? Wtf. It was like she was hard auditioning to be Trump’s VP pick. Compared Hillary Clinton to Trump’s Jan 6th. Jfc

I officially gave up on Maher after his Musk interview. It was so bad.

• Hugs 1

9 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It’s quite simple actually: Latinos hate abortion and love misogyny. I see it in my wife’s extended family every day. Weigh that against the racism and you can see why there are undecideds. 

That would make clear the general split between republican and democrats. Not so much whether you want Trump or not. I feel like after all this time and all the controversies, you'd know how you want to divide that and wouldn't be making the decision on this debate. These two have even already run against each other!

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Musk: *says something stupid and egotistical*

Maher: Thank you, sir. Can I provide some fellatio for you?

Hilariously enough, I think he had Tiny Ron D on the week after and I officially was like “yeah, fuck this show”. But then he has Martin Short as Jiminy Glick on there last week and he definitely had other really good guests so part of me wants to dip my toes back in.

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Hilariously enough, I think he had Tiny Ron D on the week after and I officially was like “yeah, fuck this show”. But then he has Martin Short as Jiminy Glick on there last week and he definitely had other really good guests so part of me wants to dip my toes back in.

Last weeks episode was actually decent 

• Sicko 1

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I am a little surprised at how crazy the media response has been.  Seeing news outlets everywhere calling for the sitting president to resign due to a debate performance is pretty wild, regardless of whether you think he should or not.

They've been scaring people about Biden for 3.5yr

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

No

• Halal 1

If people who aren't already firmly in the Trump camp, the "independents", the "undecideds" and those who "don't follow politics", do vote Trump in the year of our Lord 2024, then we get everything we deserve because the facts are obvious at this point about how bad Trump is and will be if elected again and enough Americans vote for him anyway? I mean, that's how a democratic republic works, it's just us destroying ourselves because people are stupid. 

I'm hoping this will not be the case and those groups of people see that even a dead Biden sitting in a chair in the Oval Office is better than Trump. Anything is better than Trump. Pizza rat running the country would be better than Trump. If enough Americans can't see that and don't get that, well, it's on them isn't it? Unless Biden wins the popular vote and the Electoral College goes the other way (like in 2016), then it's on all the states that went red. Again, all that matters are the swing states because we already know which states are definitely going blue and which states are definitely going red, it's the ones we're unsure about that matter because, as I keep hammering on about it, it's all about the EC. Sad but true, so that's where our focus (and worry) should be aimed at when discussing if Biden can win or not. This is a year old but helpful for anyone curious or interested. Biden has to go after these states hard. One (of many) interesting facts this puts out is that whoever wins both Nevada and Ohio in an election wins the whole thing 89% of the time since 1988. Biden c'mon let's go.

USAFACTS.ORG

Seven states were won by less than three percentage points in the 2020 presidential election. This includes Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

• Halal 1

WWW.IPSOS.COM

Despite the poor ratings of Biden’s performance, few respondents are no longer considering voting for Biden.

Among respondents who completed both the pre- and post-debate survey, just 4% are giving less consideration to voting for Biden. In comparison, 2% are giving less consideration to voting for Trump following the debate.

As a whole, in the pre-debate wave, 44% of respondents reported that they were considering voting for Biden. This was unchanged in the post-debate wave, where 46% said the same of Biden.

The percent of respondents considering voting for Trump (44% pre-debate, 44% post-debate) and independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (18% pre-debate, 18% post-debate) was also unchanged.

Other post debate polls

Data For Progress Trump +3 at 48-45, They also polled the race with Trump vs other dems all do slightly worse though this could be name recognition dropping them down.

Survey USA Trump +2 45-43.

On 5/16/2024 at 12:01 PM, stepee said:

The verdict for the first debate is out and democrats tend to think that Biden won, republicans think Trump was the victor, and independents were watching reruns of Friends on syndication and were unmoved in either direction 

Democrats were a little more cagey on Biden than I expected but looks like I pretty much had it right