Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Population collapse is not great for those who live through it, but I don’t know that there is compelling evidence that sustaining population via native born people birthing children is particularly important. Population growth via immigration is a good alternative if native born rates drop below replacement level.

• True 1

44 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

We’re finally getting to the root of the problem in this country: the goddamn Irish.

As a midwestern white guy I can confirm. There’s a reason our casseroles do not use more than 1/8th teaspoon of pepper.

43 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

You can’t trust the damn Irish 

I'm mostly Irish :nervous:

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Japan is slowly changing though. They are giving incentives for having kids and also slowly opening up the country for foreign workers.

I'm down for working in Japan... might need some plastic surgery to look younger but I will work as a host :thinking:

21 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

What?.

Yeah probably not the best description, to be fair.  Maybe a better take would be they don't want outside influences changing their culture unless they themselves do it proactively?  Like, they aren't going to let 10 million Americans in the next decade (which would surely introduce aspects of American/west culture they reject), but are happy to take aspects of other cultures and put a Japanese twist on it - all without allowing any appreciable amount of immigration from those places. 

The amount of both projection and cognitive dissonance in those tweets is nigh off the charts. They do know who their candidate is, right? *Padme meme* Right?

Also, we're going to actually dissect the Ben Shapiro tweet? Okay, the tweet is dumb in so many ways, but the clearest one is Walz is speaking for himself, not all white people, with regard to spices. He said he's not a spice guy. He didn't say anything about "white people don't like/can't handle" spice. Shapiro falsely extrapolating it to say Walz was speaking for all white people anyway and hoping no one will notice is dummy MAGA grifting 101.

Walz saying he isn't a "spice guy" = white people hate spices? WTF?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Population collapse is not great for those who live through it, but I don’t know that there is compelling evidence that sustaining population via native born people birthing children is particularly important. Population growth via immigration is a good alternative if native born rates drop below replacement level.

We can and should have both.

• True 1

To be clear, I'm all for letting the population be what it will be, and supporting people (financially and otherwise) whichever way they fall on that side of the argument. I think we should absolutely be helping out folks with children, and also helping those who need it who don't have children, and having a robust immigration system, as that's always been a great strength of our nation despite these ghouls pretending otherwise will screech about.

I don't think anyone should be pushed to have kids or pushed to abstain from having kids, nor should we be setting out to shame someone for daring to have children because of some weird ass thought that we should just all fade away.

• Halal 1

I remember when I started dating my wife and her family would have taco Tuesday (with the hard taco shells). As a Mexican you’d think I’d be repulsed - I fucking loved having dinner at her parents place on taco Tuesday 😂😂

Now I make white people tacos for my kids. 

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

PENNSYLVANIA POLL Emerson

Trump 49%

Harris 48%

3% undecided

with third-party candidates

Trump 47%

Harris 47%

RFK Jr. 3%

2% undecided

On the surface this looks not great, but their last PA poll was Trump +6 at  51-45

Some of the new numbers are slumping a bit for Harris, I noticed. But 2% swings are just noise anyway. There's no clear frontrunner, still.