Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

As the presidential contest draws nearer, Texas faces pivotal elections including a Senate race — and the number of people whose voter registrations are on the "suspense list" has now topped 2.1 million, according to The Dallas Morning News.If you are a voter in Texas and on that list, it doesn't me...

THIS is what people in Texas are dealing with. Maybe have some empathy for the millions of Texans who vote blue who have to deal with massive voter suppression the next time you criticize the state.

26 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, nothing says Patriot like fomenting an insurrection.

Goddamn people are fucking stupid.

In a way it makes complete sense though because it’s total branding. They call him a patriot all the time, they are all about patriotism or so they say all the time, they have shirts and mugs and hats etc etc with Patriot written on them. I mean logically of course, yeah. But to the people who are following the man, the two are probably inseparable. 

31 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

they really do want to be a royal family. 

At heart all conservatives are royalists who just what The Right People(tm) to rule. Here it looks like the unchecked, captured judiciary  and the imperial presidency. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

This sums it up

9e62j76pqmhd1.png

I really dislike the "Biden had a bad debate" point. It was so much worse than a bad debate, lol. The guy couldn't put together two sentences. He was extremely pale and confused looking. 

A bad debate is what Trump had. Biden was litteraly a corpse who couldn't formulate anything coherent. It will go down in American presidential history as the worst single display by a President ever.

Anyway moving on. :p

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

RFK Jr. has secured the endorsement of Tim Pool.

It’s very funny that he’s pulling endorsements from these maga adjacent folks. Now if only their idiot listeners would actually listen to the endorsement we’d be cooking

42 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The line between "patriot" and "insurrectionist" is entirely a matter of perspective, as evidenced by the guys who founded this country, which is why the entire "argument" (such as it is) falls entirely flat with me.

the same people that call Donald a “patriot” also call confederate leaders “patriots”. So that’s a reason it falls flat to me. 

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Am I supposed to know what dril is?

Does this help?

YdWT54U.png

56 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The line between "patriot" and "insurrectionist" is entirely a matter of perspective, as evidenced by the guys who founded this country, which is why the entire "argument" (such as it is) falls entirely flat with me.

I dunno, would the Brits call the founding fathers patriots?

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's a matter of who wins.

1 hour ago, Best said:

I really dislike the "Biden had a bad debate" point. It was so much worse than a bad debate, lol. The guy couldn't put together two sentences. He was extremely pale and confused looking. 

I mean

On 6/27/2024 at 9:27 PM, Best said:

Oh shit! Biden taking control now. 

On 6/27/2024 at 9:55 PM, Best said:

I give Biden the win for the first half of this. Started extremely rough but he calmed down and his voice is sounding better.

Trump just acts like he is in 5th grade. 

Come Again Excuse Me GIF by Storyful

• Haha 4
  • True 1

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

As the presidential contest draws nearer, Texas faces pivotal elections including a Senate race — and the number of people whose voter registrations are on the "suspense list" has now topped 2.1 million, according to The Dallas Morning News.If you are a voter in Texas and...

THIS is what people in Texas are dealing with. Maybe have some empathy for the millions of Texans who vote blue who have to deal with massive voter suppression the next time you criticize the state.

14 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I dunno, I have my conspiracy theory that a Republican candidate for president will never get less than 52% of the vote in Texas. Nobody will ever look into it, because it’s Texas and “Texas is always a Red state”. But Republicans known if they lose Texas even once, they will never win another Presidential election ever again. 

What I really, really want is for the Harris campaign to start discussing actual specifics about what's in Project 2025 beyond its abortion provisions.  Mention aspects of it that would have a really broad impact on every day life, like what its plans are for NOAA/NWS:

WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Project 2025 would all but dissolve the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

There are TONS of actual, real-world impacts contained within Project 2025 that are vastly more far-reaching and important to the life of the average person when compared to restricting/eliminating access to mifepristone.

There's freakin' 900 pages of the stuff - just start putting it out there already!

• Halal 3

I'm hoping their plan is to ramp up Project 2025 stuff over time, to keep the worst stuff fresh on peoples' minds as we get nearer and nearer to election day. You want stuff as fresh as possible in the minds of voters, too early and you lose them, especially if they're overwhelmed by just how much bullshit is in there. I think a slow burn works best. Really keep coming back to it and talking about a new horrifying, stupid, selfish bullshit idea every week or so, while also pushing for what Harris' own political aims are to actually help people.

• True 2

Someone on ResetERA posted an absolutely fantastic idea in response to the post I made about Project 2025:

An ELI5 / "for dummies" page on it, and daily/weekly picks from it to post on the KamalaHQ twitter would be a good start

Yeah - this is something that absolutely should be done as it's the perfect use of the medium!

• stepee 1