Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

Started out my stay in Germany with an amazing talk with the Uber driver. And forgive me, this is going to sound like a Jacob Whol impersonation but it’s not. Dude fucking loves Harris.

When he first asked me what I think of trump’s chances of winning, I’m usually kinda scared when I get that question (people ask it a lot) and I’m like well I was nervous but now with Harris and such a solid VP pick I’m feeling much more confident he will lose.

And he goes (slightly paraphrasing) “She smiles!!! I love it, she is always smiling. It’s so good to see that instead of the anger” and we then talked US politics and a bit about Brexit and health care etc during the entire 30min drive which I won’t bore people with. But he like isn’t even from the US and seemed legitimately enthusiastic. Amazing feeling.

So obviously I am more closely watching American politics than most, but I ordered some bootleg Harris 2024 shirts (can't get official merch, obviously, as it would be a foreign contribution). I wore one out yesterday, and people smiled and gave a thumbs up more than once! A poll was just done in Canada that I saw last week, it showed something like 65%-35% support for Harris over Trump among Canadians.

1rfYsj2.jpeg

• Hype 3

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Lol Trump just said we’re about to have a 1929 stock crash 

August 2019

WWW.POLITICO.COM

“If, for some reason, I were not to have won the election, these markets would have crashed. That will happen even more so in 2020. You have no choice but to vote for me, because your 401(k), everything is going to be down the tubes.”

• Guillotine 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

GOTTEM

Screenshot_20240808_112035_Twitter.jpg

Republicans need to project themselves as the biggest sports weirdos on the planet, that's why the main thing they talk about with trans people is them competing in sports, as if that's the only thing in life someone might want to do, so this is Very Serious for them!

• True 1

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

He's literally just making up numbers on everything, 107k people apparently were at his NJ rally lol. 

That's when I turned it off. He said Harris only had 1500 people at her last event. Hilarious. What delusional cope.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

He appears to not remember Tim Walz' name. God, I really wish the press would run with the headline "Confused and angry Trump appears to forget opponent's name."

Incoming: at least 8 articles with the headline “defiant”

• True 2

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

He appears to not remember Tim Walz' name. God, I really wish the press would run with the headline "Confused and angry Trump appears to forget opponent's name."

Ralph Northam and Kamabla

It brings me no joy to report that Tom Friedman got a good zinger in on Trump recently:

Trump has entered his “Fat Elvis” phase, doing his greatest hits in front of a declining audience of elderly fans.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Former President Donald Trump says he has agreed to an offer from ABC News to debate Vice President Kamala Harris on Sept. 10.

lol what a garbage headline, should be "Trump agrees to do debate he already agreed to"