Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, CastletonSnob said:

I read that there was a poll that said Harris is leading nationally by 8 points.

I'm not saying to get complacent, but it looks like the election is slowly, but surely inching away from Trump's grasp.

If (and a giant if) Harris won the national vote by 8% (or even 6%) then she almost certainly wins the election. But it could still be very close if those votes are just pumped up numbers on the coasts, and if the blue wall states are similar to last election.

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

I read that there was a poll that said Harris is leading nationally by 8 points.

I'm not saying to get complacent, but it looks like the election is slowly, but surely inching away from Trump's grasp.

God I hope so, and I hope this campaign team keeps everyone energized and ready and excited to vote, rather than getting overconfident and letting people think they can safely sit this one out and not vote because "it's in the bag" or some dumb shit.

• Halal 2

Trump's problem now is he's got nothing new left.  it's why they're flailing now that they can't run against Biden.  Though Harris not sitting down for an interview might start to be a pain point if they can find their footing to push it and if Vance stops living up to his recent adjective.

I don't even care about his "general news conference" because I haven't been entertained by him since 2016.

Some people were scared of the ramifications in 2016 and weren't amused, and big props to them. I fully admit I found his campaign entertaining because besides the last half of September after Hillary's near-fall and the deplorables remarks, and after the second Comey letter, I thought he had no shot. Some people say nobody thought he had a shot, but I'd say even with complacency on his weird 2016 campaign, the two times I mentioned were two times I really did fear he could win.

The rest of the time, it was entertainment. How naive I was.

4 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Trump's problem now is he's got nothing new left.  it's why they're flailing now that they can't run against Biden.  Though Harris not sitting down for an interview might start to be a pain point if they can find their footing to push it and if Vance stops living up to his recent adjective.

It'll only be a pain point if we cave into it. She's going to do interviews; right now, she's assembling a late-starting campaign, picked a VP, and doing a huge swing state tour, which Trump should know all about even though he had one event this week since he doesn't have the energy anymore.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

as well as the increased involvement of millenials who tend to be more on the liberal side than their Gen-X counterparts. Not sure wtf happened to us.

We grew up in that sweet spot time of having access to unlimited information before information became politicized.

• Halal 1

Just now, Uaarkson said:

We grew up in that sweet spot time of having access to unlimited information before information became politicized.

I think the constant drone of Fox-News and other partisan outlets and the rise of talk radio really affected Gen-Xer's as we got older.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wow... DEEP cut. Way to remind non-W.A.S.P.'s that they are NOT "truly American" and not even truly "white". Wow :|

Fun fact: German Americans overwhelmingly enlisted in the Union army, 40,000+ vs. about 3,000 on the Confederate side.

• True 2

Just now, Uaarkson said:

Fun fact: German Americans overwhelmingly enlisted in the union army, 40,000+ vs. about 3,000 on the Confederate side.

Yeah because at the root of American Racism and white supremacy, their are tiers to whiteness and you either buy into their philosophy or you don't.

7 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Republicans are always more willing as a broad party to ride something until the wheels fall off. Trumpism will last as long as it's a potentially willing strategy. He's a unique person, politically, in a few respects but not so much so as to endure beyond his utility.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Republicans are always more willing as a broad party to ride something until the wheels fall off. Trumpism will last as long as it's a potentially willing strategy. He's a unique person, politically, in a few respects but not so much so as to endure beyond his utility.

They’re still occasionally  riding Reagan’s nuts and that motherfucker has been dead for decades

• True 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They’re still occasionally  riding Reagan’s nuts and that motherfucker has been dead for decades

Apart from wanting the LGBTQ people to drop dead, he's a little too liberal for the modern GOP.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wow... DEEP cut. Way to remind non-W.A.S.P.'s that they are NOT "truly American" and not even truly "white". Wow :|

I'd like to point out that the "A.S." part of "W.A.S.P." refers to the "Angles" and "Saxons" who were the Germanic tribes that settled in Britain after the Romans evacuated the island :p

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Correct - it's just worth pointing out the British have more German in 'em than they'd ever care to admit :p

Successful rebranding by the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. :p

• Haha 1
  • True 1

58 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It'll only be a pain point if we cave into it. She's going to do interviews; right now, she's assembling a late-starting campaign, picked a VP, and doing a huge swing state tour, which Trump should know all about even though he had one event this week since he doesn't have the energy anymore.

Does he not have the energy anymore or is he afraid of getting shot again? He did an indoor arena but he hasn't done much in the way of outdoor events since the assassination attempt. Also they don't have the money to do many big indoor venues (and have pissed off many big venues in the past).

• True 1

Started out my stay in Germany with an amazing talk with the Uber driver. And forgive me, this is going to sound like a Jacob Whol impersonation but it’s not. Dude fucking loves Harris.

When he first asked me what I think of trump’s chances of winning, I’m usually kinda scared when I get that question (people ask it a lot) and I’m like well I was nervous but now with Harris and such a solid VP pick I’m feeling much more confident he will lose.

And he goes (slightly paraphrasing) “She smiles!!! I love it, she is always smiling. It’s so good to see that instead of the anger” and we then talked US politics and a bit about Brexit and health care etc during the entire 30min drive which I won’t bore people with. But he like isn’t even from the US and seemed legitimately enthusiastic. Amazing feeling.

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Started out my stay in Germany with an amazing talk with the Uber driver. And forgive me, this is going to sound like a Jacob Whol impersonation but it’s not. Dude fucking loves Harris.

When he first asked me what I think of trump’s chances of winning, I’m usually kinda scared when I get that question (people ask it a lot) and I’m like well I was nervous but now with Harris and such a solid VP pick I’m feeling much more confident he will lose.

And he goes (slightly paraphrasing) “She smiles!!! I love it, she is always smiling. It’s so good to see that instead of the anger” and we then talked US politics and a bit about Brexit and health care etc during the entire 30min drive which I won’t bore people with. But he like isn’t even from the US and seemed legitimately enthusiastic. Amazing feeling.

Hey! TRUMP SMILES!

jeffrey-epstein-and-donald-trump.jpg

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2