Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump is on a rage rant spree this morning, he must be watching footage of her rallies:

4y04Ilm.png

It’s insane that people can see him as anything other than a giant baby. 

• True 3
  • Hype 1

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This just kind of reminds me of my dad. I never thought of him as a veteran because he never really talked about it. He told a story or two on occasion, but they weren't really war stories. More like being stationed in the south and people giving him shit or something. But eventually he would ask for veteran's discount at home depot and I always thought he was just saying it to see if he would get it. Then after he passed away I found out he actually served in the Korean War. I'm not sure what he did, I think it was on comms or something. I have his army boots and machete around here somewhere though. Just interesting to think. It was never something he ever bragged or talked about compared to today now it's become a pissing contest for some people.

spacer.png

Damn he was straight up KID when he served.

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah I think even above everything else one of the defining differences between Biden and Trump is that Biden actually legitimately cared about the country and its people. 

Biden also blamed himself for Trump becoming President in the first place as he believed (and rightfully so) that if he ran in '16, there would have never BEEN a Trump presidency.

• stepee 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn he was straight up KID when he served.

Was gonna say, he reminds me of a young Jaleel White, dude was 12 when Family Matters started. Horrifying how early people can sign up (or get signed up) to go to war.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I think it would be better if the fall of MAGA just gives us a saner GOP.

Good luck with that. The GOP has been heading in this driection for the past 50, 60 years starting at least with Nixon when they decided to actively cultivate and pursue some of the worst segments of our population in a quest for political power. The main difference between the GOP now and then is that they are not able to hide it as well as they have in the past and are out of any real ideas to help the most people in this country because they really don't have any. The current GOP's problems didn't start with Trump, He's a symptom not a cause, he as able to come in and scam that party because of 50 years of dumbing down their constituents with racism, homophobia, xenophobia and lies and now the tail is wagging the dog. The Republican parties of Lincoln, Reagan and even Dubya don't exist anymore and their veer into open fascism is because they KNOW they can't win in the market place of ideas anymore. Not when FACTS are not on their side and all they have is spin.

• True 2
  • Halal 3

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Good luck with that. The GOP has been heading in this driection for the past 50, 60 years starting at least with Nixon when they decided to actively cultivate and pursue some of the worst segments of our population in a quest for political power. The main difference between the GOP now and then is that they are not able to hide it as well as they have in the past and are out of any real ideas to help the most people in this country because they really don't have any. The current GOP's problems didn't start with Trump, He's a symptom not a cause, he as able to come in and scam that party because of 50 years of dumbing down their constituents with racism, homophobia, xenophobia and lies and now the tail is wagging the dog. The Republican parties of Lincoln, Reagan and even Dubya don't exist anymore and their veer into open fascism is because they KNOW they can't win in the market place of ideas anymore. Not when FACTS are not on their side and all they have is spin.

They really don't have any policy ideas beyond maintaining the status quo and closing the border, but when the status quo has fucked over the working class for the last 50 years, they have to resort to ".... but trans people!" to get people to vote for them.

• True 2

10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Was gonna say, he reminds me of a young Jaleel White, dude was 12 when Family Matters started. Horrifying how early people can sign up (or get signed up) to go to war.

He looks like one of my nephews.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

They really don't have any policy ideas beyond maintaining the status quo and closing the border, but when the status quo has fucked over the working class for the last 50 years, they have to resort to ".... but trans people!" to get people to vote for them.

EXACTLY.

• Halal 1

"But people close to him have raised concerns about how he will handle being onstage with a Black woman"

A fucking former President and current Presidential candidate, ladies and gentlemen. 

• Halal 3

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

"But people close to him have raised concerns about how he will handle being onstage with a Black woman"

A fucking former President and current Presidential candidate, ladies and gentlemen. 

In fairness we have a shitload of former presidents that wouldn't be happy sharing a stage with a black woman. All but one of them are dead, but that's besides the point.

5 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Trump’s “campaign” is, again, a complete fucking clown show. And people are getting tired of clowns.

Also we can't underestimate the effect of Gen-Z'ers being engaged and a significant portion of the electorate this time as well as the increased involvement of millenials who tend to be more on the liberal side than their Gen-X counterparts. Not sure wtf happened to us.

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I don’t mind laughing at the clown show. I just don’t want the clown show running the country. 

Cancel teh clown show. This bullshit is old and tired. I don't need to see it anymore. It's not an interesting, entertaining trainwreck. It's just a trainwreck and we're all along for the ride.

3 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

As much as I like the idea of a New Deal-style decade-long electoral dominance by the Dems, I'm actually with Buttigieg on this one--I think it would be better if the fall of MAGA just gives us a saner GOP.

Every election shouldn't be a choice between fascism and liberal democracy.  We should be picking between two alternative, semi-reasonable liberal-democratic visions of the country.

Whether that's possible in an era where polarization only ever seems to get worse is the generational question. (obviously the answer so far has been a definite 'no')

And re:2016 I would say that the ineptitude of Clinton's campaign should be added to the factors you mentioned.  It made several terrible strategic choices, and it did a poor job of leveraging a superior ground game infrastructure.

I'd rather see the GOP finish imploding and then the Democrats can split into a progressive party and a centrist party instead of having to be the unwieldy "everyone who isn't a fascist" party. 

• Halal 3

Just now, Chairslinger said:

"Is Kamala Harris overreacting to President Trump's use of a racial slur?"

"Emotional Woman Reacts Poorly To Bold Pronouncements Regarding Race By Former President"

• True 2