Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Walz has apparently sent Trump into a rabbit hole of Joe Biden-returns-at-the-convention fantasies.

IBB.CO

Image Trump-Walz hosted in ImgBB

He is very very mad that the Dems took the ticket he planned to run against away...so mad he's, like, somehow concocting a fever dream that the Dems are going to give it back to him.  When they won't.  Whether Harris wins this election or not, I am enjoying every sweet dollop of schadenfreude like this to the utmost. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

4 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Walz has apparently sent Trump into a rabbit hole of Joe Biden-returns-at-the-convention fantasies.

IBB.CO

He is very very mad that the Dems took the ticket he planned to run against away...so mad he's, like, somehow concocting a fever dream that the Dems are going to give it back to him.  When they won't.  Whether Harris wins this election or not, I am enjoying every sweet dollop of schadenfreude like this to the utmost. 

The final steps of him losing his mind is in action and it is glorious :lol:

6 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

IBB.CO

Maybe the most damaging thing Trump has done to himself is that he is 100% acting like he thinks he's going to lose.

It's crazy the difference a month can make. We went from "Dems on Capital Hill have resigned themselves to a second Trump term" to Trump complaining to the ump that that fastball straight down the middle was a ball!

11 minutes ago, Jason said:
BSKY.APP

nate silver’s take on the walz pick is hilariously terrible. he says it is “conventional” and “triangulating” https://www.natesilver.net/p/tim-walz-is-a-minnesota-nice-choice?publication_id=1198116&post_id=147406197&isFre...

He might be a Very Smart Guy, but I find that his take here makes him sound like a dink.

1 minute ago, S3xB0t said:

He might be a Very Smart Guy, but I find that his take here makes him sound like a dink.

He's good at numbers and terrible at punditry. 

• True 2

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I work with a lot of engineers that come to conclusions that only make sense if you're an engineer and don't understand people or real life

My father-in-law is a retired automotive engineer. This checks out. 

I love the guy but his brain clicks in ways that mine don’t clack.

This is one of those things where the result is the only thing that will settle who is right.

If Kamala wins with a Biden-like cushion Walz will be seen as a great pick that increased her appeal a little in a few battleground states and helped push her over the top.

If Kamala loses by less than 19 EVs and loses PA it will be seen as one of the biggest blunders in presidential history. Way worse than any Blue Wall blunder Hillary made in 2016.

But it was Kamala's choice to make and she made it. If you aren't willing to make tough calls and live with them you probably shouldn't be president.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This is one of those things where the result is the only thing that will settle who is right.

If Kamala wins with a Biden-like cushion Walz will be seen as a great pick that increased her appeal a little in a few battleground states and helped push her over the top.

If Kamala loses by less than 19 EVs and loses PA it will be seen as one of the biggest blunders in presidential history. Way worse than any Blue Wall blunder Hillary made in 2016.

But it was Kamala's choice to make and she made it. If you aren't willing to make tough calls and live with them you probably shouldn't be president.

True. The vibes on Hillary were never remotely near this though. 

42 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

IBB.CO

Because all he had was "Biden is old"

18 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

Hes smart in that he is good at one thing and assumes he is knowledgable on things outside his wheelhouse.

See also Neil Degrasse Tyson

• True 3
  • Sicko Sherman 1

Sorry for the link, but look how insane this shit is. Imagine saying this in public to someone. Imagine going up to your coworker in the break room and saying "Tim Walz knows about cross-sex hormones! He's familiar with breast binders and has a soft spot for tucking!" You'd have a meeting schedule with HR just like that. 

The GOP is breaking. They have NOTHING and they know it. Their policies are only supported by freaks like them, and their rhetoric is mouth-foaming insane. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Just reminds me of that Carolina sow Tricia Cotham who ran as a Dem and won easily then immediately flipped to GOP and gave them a super majority

We're working on fixing that, but the Republicans drew her a safer district as a reward. 

Just finished this very fun video by a dude who read J.D.'s book. I was particularly enthralled that when J.D. and a friend were talking about the most beautiful women in the world, his sister was at the top of his list and it wasn't even close.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

ernie-hudson-ghostbuster-frozen-empire-p

78 years old

oh fuck off. That’s not even fair. lol

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Walz: school lunches for all

Sarah Huckabee: you kids can now return to work in the mines

what awful excuse for legislation did she just sign? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Just finished this very fun video by a dude who read J.D.'s book. I was particularly enthralled that when J.D. and a friend were talking about the most beautiful women in the world, his sister was at the top of his list and it wasn't even close.

Real or another couch thing? 

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

oh fuck off. That’s not even fair. lol

what awful excuse for legislation did she just sign? 

It's a school lunch program too....only they grind up the underperforming students for the others to eat.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Real or another couch thing? 

I depended on her so completely that I didn’t see Lindsay for what she was: a young girl, not yet old enough to drive a car, learning to fend for herself and her little brother at the same time. That began to change the day our family decided to give Lindsay a shot at her dreams.

Lindsay had always been a beautiful girl. When my friends and I ranked the world’s prettiest girls, I listed Lindsay first, just ahead of Demi Moore and Pam Anderson.

Lindsay had learned of a modeling recruitment event at a Dayton hotel, so Mom, Mamaw, Lindsay, and I piled into Mamaw’s Buick and headed north.

Lindsay was bursting with excitement, and I was, too. This was going to be her big break and, by extension, our whole family’s.

(This part's a story about how these idiots got scammed by a fake modelling opportunity.)