Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

OH MY FUCK HE DID THE COUCH

I know I am a bit late in this reaction, but I think this jab shows a great example of what the new politics from the Trump era can look like from a liberal perspective.

This is the type of joke that probably would have been seen as off limits before Trump, but he has changed the rules. But so often his opponents have just tried to copy his abrasiveness...but be worse at it. Like everyone has to have a belittling nickname now.

This type of joke is great because it is both cutting, but not sullenly mean-spirited.

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump put this out there earlier... clearly this is the strategy they're going with. Let's see which main stream media outlet picks up on it.

This reminds me of the Obama/Kamala endorsement thing. Not sure what this gains them when Biden comes out and enthusiastically endorses Kamala at the convention.

They really do seem to just be trying to convince/manifest some kind of change in Biden's decision. That seems truly pathetic and indicative of how bad their position has gotten if that is what they are wasting political effort on at this point....

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

They really do seem to just be trying to convince/manifest some kind of change in Biden's decision. That seems truly pathetic and indicative of how bad their position has gotten if that is what they are wasting political effort on at this point....

As I previously stated all Trump and conservatives had was "Biden is old" and without that they are completely at a loss. They have no platform to run on. 

• True 1

I usually hate shit like the couch jokes, but I actually kind of think it’s kind of hilarious. You’re almost daring the Trump/Vance to address it and as soon as they do it’s just going to be the biggest “L” ever. They have everything to lose and literally nothing to gain. 

Expect right wing trolls to start some similar nonsense about Harris or Walz soon. 

1 minute ago, ort said:

I usually hate shit like the couch jokes, but I actually kind of think it’s kind of hilarious. You’re almost daring the Trump/Vance to address it and as soon as they do it’s just going to be the biggest “L” ever. They have everything to lose and literally nothing to gain. 

Expect them to start some similar nonsense about Harris or Walz soon. 

"Look, he doesn't get horny around couches at all!"

3 hour stream of him hooked up to a heart rate monitor, alone in a room with a couch

3 minutes ago, ort said:

Expect them to start some similar nonsense about Harris or Walz soon. 

It's been over three weeks now, if they had a good response to it they already would have used it.

27 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I know I am a bit late in this reaction, but I think this jab shows a great example of what the new politics from the Trump era can look like from a liberal perspective.

This is the type of joke that probably would have been seen as off limits before Trump, but he has changed the rules. But so often his opponents have just tried to copy his abrasiveness...but be worse at it. Like everyone has to have a belittling nickname now.

This type of joke is great because it is both cutting, but not sullenly mean-spirited.

The couch remark is a like a well executed MCU cameo, like Cosmo the Space Dog in Guardians. If you know, you know. But it’s still a dog in a spacesuit, so it’s cute in of itself even if you’re not in on the gag. You don’t really linger, you don’t mug for the camera too much. You blink and you miss it.

Most people who aren’t terminally online don’t know about the Vance couch fucking connection, so Walz’s remark just plays on the stereotype of the lazy couch potato. But if you know… you know. It’s not like Vance or Trump should fire back, they don’t want the smoke.

• Halal 2

9 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Oh totally. I mean I said somewhere else that “Kamala Chaos” sounds fucking awesome to me. 

How soon until we start seeing rightwing conspiracies that Vance is a plant to sabotage the Trump campaign like Russo going to WCW? :lol:

• True 1

26 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Most people who aren’t terminally online don’t know about the Vance couch fucking connection

bruh it hit USA Today over a week ago, it's long since broken containment

FTW.USATODAY.COM

This meme with Donald Trump’s VP candidate has gotten out of hand.

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

Is Tampon Tim even an insult? I'd embrace the hell out of it if I were him. 

Making sure people have access to necessities is commie shit and should be feared. Doubly so if it's women, and triply so if it's healthcare related.

• Halal 1