Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It will be a cold day in HELL before I recognize San Francisco as a city in California!

I was thinking maybe since it’s summer and San Diego is a popular spot during this time he meant “fly to”?

My issue with “fly over states” is solely that it’s a terrible way to describe something. It implies that there is less value if a place doesn’t have a lot of traffic and population which we obviously know isn't true. And that would be a horrible thing to think. Like call it shit fuck states or whatever idk

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

My issue with “fly over states” is solely that it’s a terrible way to describe something. It implies that there is less value if a place doesn’t have a lot of traffic and population which we obviously know isn't true. And that would be a horrible thing to think. Like call it shit fuck states or whatever idk

Lol

No

ill change it to layover state 

and I reject flights where the layover is in those places of this shit hole Pretend country 

16 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Dude, we’ve all seen and heard him speak, so stop with the gaslighting. Biden has declined drastically. Jesus, go watch his vice presidential debates. That man doesn’t exist anymore. 

Neither of these candidates should be running.

Yup, totally no decline. 

At least there’s no denying it anymore and maybe they’ll blow up the ticket.

But if they pick Kamala, it’s not better for them. 

30 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Yup, totally no decline. 

At least there’s no denying it anymore and maybe they’ll blow up the ticket.

But if they pick Kamala, it’s not better for them. 

Lol

stay in whatever country you’re pretending to be an oil baron in now. Hear Doha has hot “assistants” you can pretend are your girls 

I'm just glad I had enough sense not to watch it. Even the few clips in John Stewart's synopsis was enough to have me facepalm multiple times.

I'm sure most of America right now is wishing both candidates would dip out and get us off the hook.

Since I was 18, I've CHERISHED the right to vote & have done so in every major election since 2000 (as well as midterms as well throughout). That said, I believe I'm totally sitting this one out because ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? This is where we're at & have allowed such a thing to happen. Fuck it, time to watch it all come crumbling down then. 

• Guillotine 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Since I was 18, I've CHERISHED the right to vote & have done so in every major election since 2000 (as well as midterms as well throughout). That said, I believe I'm totally sitting this one out because ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? This is where we're at & have allowed such a thing to happen. Fuck it, time to watch it all come crumbling down then. 

Considering the actual threat that Trump is to this nation based solely on the 2025 project: this is an absolute terrible take, even if you consider yourself a “old school democrat” or whatever Maher claims to be.

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1
  • Halal 4

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Considering the actual threat that Trump is to this nation based solely on the 2025 project: this is an absolute terrible take, even if you consider yourself a “old school democrat” or whatever Maher claims to be.

I would rather a dementia patient that doesn’t know where he is or what he’s saying who fills his administration and cabinet with people who are beyond qualified and competent to make up for it have his second term, rather then not vote and potentially allow an actual threat to not just this country, but potentially the world, to get a second term in office who will have a plan and playbook this time rather than an “oops! Let’s try to figure this out” like their first term.

• Halal 1

@SoberChef Ah, yes, use a laugh reaction instead of an actual response.

Even if you don’t like Biden, do you honestly believe that “Trump wouldn’t be worse”?

Trump doesn’t care about this country, he doesn’t care about anyone or anything but himself. He’s shown just a taste of what he can and will do during his 4 years in office, if he gets another it will be undeniably more extreme: when Trump won in 2016, no one in the GOP hierarchy thought he would actually win, not even those among his own team. He had no plan, didn’t know he needed to hire all new administration, etc; he was a dog that caught the car. This time, however, he very much has a plan, a playbook handed to him by Project 2025 and others. He is planning to install loyalists even at the civil service level, so this time he won’t need to use a sharpie on a weather map - the actual weather map will be adjusted to whatever he wants. He won’t need to argue with doctors about injecting cleaning products or using UV light to stop a pandemic - they’ll just agree.

Let’s say you think Biden is in someway unfit and is too old, fine: another 4 years of Biden does what, though? Does he dismantle institutions? Does he put extreme-right 20-somethings on the Supreme Court that aren’t even qualified? Does he pull out of NATO and weaken global security? Or, is it simply “more of the same” and in 4 years there’s another chance to hopefully get something better? This election isn’t like Gore vs George W, or Obama vs McCain, or any other election: this one is actually fucking scary.

Sitting out because you’re not satisfied with Biden only helps Trump - it’s not a protest, it’s not some enlightened stance: it’s helping Trump get a second term, and absolutely nothing else.

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 2

8 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

How did Biden look?

It was awful. So awful the media is actually talking about dnc people looking to replace him behind the scenes 

Which would absolutely be the best idea. I’m not a fan of Newsome, but he would wipe the floor with Trump. Whitmer would also probably do extremely well. 

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

First 15-ish minutes weren’t great. Turned around after that, but the problem is most probably only watched those first 15 minutes.

Wait are you serious? He was awful the entire time. 

I remember debating in another thread about Biden’s “sharpness” and was scolded essentially for saying he had clearly declined more than Trump, at least from a “how do these guys present to the public” perspective. Unfortunately, last night was worse than I could have imagined. 

It was an utter travesty for Biden. 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Where did I say he was good? He undeniably improved after the first bit, but none of it was great.

You said he “turned it around.” That implies he was bad and then was at the very least ok. He never was close to ok. Literally could barely make sense. 

22 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I’m not a fan of Newsome, but he would wipe the floor with Trump. Whitmer would also probably do extremely well. 

Why is it important that Biden "wins" this debate anyway? (that is to say do people think he lost? At least he answered the questions)

A wet turd from my ass could beat Trump in a debate but that doesn't mean it's fit to be president. I think if you're comfortable with what Biden has done so far this debate isn't going to change your mind and you're probably happy for a second term over a guy ranting and raving about illegal immigrants in luxury hotels.

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

You said he “turned it around.” That implies he was bad and then was at the very least ok. He never was close to ok. Literally could barely make sense. 

He did turn it around. It went from “oh dear god” to “eh” or at least “as expected”. If you think the performance of the first 15-20 minutes was the same throughout the entirety of the debate, then we watched two very different debates.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

He did turn it around. It went from “oh dear god” to “eh” or at least “as expected”. If you think the performance of the first 15-20 minutes was the same throughout the entirety of the debate, then we watched two very different debates.

He turned it around enough to get the best soundbite, the alley cat thing. 👍

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I dunno if I ever thought it was even “eh,” but I hope the rest of the country sees it your way.