Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I did not know this lore

Yeah turns out my wife and he have a mutual friend and we all attended their wedding. We went to the after party and hung out and talked with him and some other folks. Hes a lot of fun, a good dancer, and incredibly nice. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah turns out my wife and he have a mutual friend and we all attended their wedding. We went to the after party and hung out and talked with him and some other folks. Hes a lot of fun, a good dancer, and incredibly nice. 

A good friend of mine worked on Pete's campaign cutting videos and he confirms they are great people. He still works with people from the campaign.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

My best friend worked for Shapiro right out of college. 

I uh… wanted to fit in with these “I hung with potential VP” stories.

Shapiro came to my job when he was new to office. I had to show him how I ran our mailing sorter machine. He was really nice. 

I saw Pete Buttigieg at a grocery store. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a pain and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I saw Pete Buttigieg at a grocery store. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a pain and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Infetterance = contaminated with Fetterman. 

• Sicko 1

My last agency had a lot of PA accounts, one of which was DCED (economic development, tourism, etc.) and I was there briefly during Shapiro's administration; his operation is pretty intense, but they were also very competent. I never met him personally though.

55 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

My best friend worked for Shapiro right out of college. 

I uh… wanted to fit in with these “I hung with potential VP” stories.

My father’s uncle works at Nintendo and he told me about all the cool things the switch 2 can do…

wait wrong thread. :nervous:

• Haha 4
  • Hugs 1

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

image.png

I was going to make a joke that I bet this isn't the first time Donald Trump has disappointed a woman by not living up to an overconfident boast of "anytime, anywhere".....but I have to imagine any woman on a date with him would be grateful if he passed out in the middle of Gorilla Channel and chill....

• True 1

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Go to about 3:35 to hear his thoughts on D1P's favorite pollster Nate Silver :lol:

Interesting that 2012 is when the beef started because that's really when Nate's stock rose the most. Yeah, it rose after 2008, but 2012 was the one where people were calling Silver a political hack for saying Obama was mostly a lock based on swing state polls. 

David Plouffe:

"Donald Trump is cowardly backing out of  the debate he agreed to. One just like the debate he did in June. Now, he seems only comfortable in a cocoon, asking his happy place Fox to host a Trump rally and call it a debate. Maybe he can only handle debating someone his own age."

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2