Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

28 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

most of the people preparing the food would be mexican though ;)

Down here I find it is mostly Guatemalan and Salvadoran cooks, which might as well be Mexican to most Americans, but they would fight you over it 😂

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Jesus Christ Almighty, man!

Just how much of a honky can you possibly be to ask THAT question?!?

Look, if there’s anyone who doesn’t know how to gracefully handle questions about race it’s us whites. We’re either offensive or silly. 

Prime example: my mom, when seeing my white friend/coworker who converted to Islam, “Is she…that ethnicity?”

• Sicko Sherman 1

30 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

At what percentage would the wider black community no longer consider a person as being black?  

Tim Scott% EDIT: In all seriousness anyone curious about this just look up "one drop rule". That will explain everything to you about blackness in America.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

At what percentage would the wider black community no longer consider a person as being black?  

1. YIKES 😬

2. I will tell you what my dear Granny says: “if you’re only Black when it’s good for YOU, you aren’t Black”

• True 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i want it that way millennium GIF by BACKSTREET BOYS

I had a couple black friends in my 20s describe me as the whitest person they know, and they weren't talking about pigment.  I'm not a pale ginger, I got a soul.  So I feel I have full impartiality to tell people how black they are or are not.

My grandma was a quarter-ish black and the rest indigenous but I grew up just a white Latino in a different country. Was in ESL and everything

But obviously Latino looking Latinos dislike me and think I'm judging them (they're judging me) and all I do is see them as my cousins and brothers 😭

My wife is 50 percent Indian, but since she can't even make a simosa I've declared she is whiter than I am. 

I don't think salt and pepper are seasoning and always get my Thai food hot or hot+.  But I drive an EV so I think I'm pretty white for a white guy. 

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1