Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

43 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I am amazed that they fumbled that bag so hard.  I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s because the shooter was a white conservative and they couldn’t use that to scare people, maybe it’s because it got buried by Biden dropping out and Kamala’s wave of enthusiasm, maybe it’s because he’s just too fragile that he won’t allow it to be seen as a moment of weakness, but it is unbelievable that they haven’t figured out a way to capitalize and rally around the fact that he barely survived an assassination attempt.  

There’s truly no explanation needed beyond the fact that the current manifestation of the GOP, and the Trump campaign specifically, is simply allergic to doing work. They have been crowing for YEARS about Biden is old and clearly had no idea what to do when the Democrats said, “we agree.”

• True 3

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

There’s truly no explanation needed beyond the fact that the current manifestation of the GOP, and the Trump campaign specifically, is simply allergic to doing work. They have been crowing for YEARS about Biden is old and clearly had no idea what to do when the Democrats said, “we agree.”

That's basically it lol. 

39 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

TYFPx9S.png

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, S3xB0t said:

I’m really not seeing any evil intent here. I think he just gaffed. He wanted some water, saw a bottle, didn’t think “Oh, that’s too far away and on a table that’s not next to my chair,” and grabbed it, somehow thinking it was his. By the time his puttering old brain fired enough impulses to comprehend it wasn’t his it was too late to put it back and grab the bottle that was actually set out for him. Funny, but not malicious.

I just watched the full panel, and he does indeed drink out of the appropriated bottle later on. 

It's hard to tell right now if the "not black" thing is a flub they are floundering to recover from or if they actually think they got their teeth into something good.

Like, it might seem crazy to think it's the later but it wouldn't exactly be the first time Trump smothered one bad news cycle by initiating another bad one.

That said, you do have to wonder who this is for? Do they really think they are going to win black voters over with this? Is it aimed at white racists who they are concerned are going to flip to Harris after supporting Trump for 10 years? Not really sure who this is for.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

That said, you do have to wonder who this is for? Do they really think they are going to win black voters over with this? Is it aimed at white racists who they are concerned are going to flip to Harris after supporting Trump for 10 years? Not really sure who this is for.

It isn’t for anyone specifically, it’s simply the manifestation of “own the libs” being your entire political strategy. These people have no plan B

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's hard to tell right now if the "not black" thing is a flub they are floundering to recover from or if they actually think they got their teeth into something good.

Like, it might seem crazy to think it's the later but it wouldn't exactly be the first time Trump smothered one bad news cycle by initiating another bad one.

This is not a Trump thing. There's a large chunk of America that doesn't know how to deal with people of mixed ethnicities. The same thing happened to Obama.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Many multiracial Americans say Barack Obama’s speech about race rang with a special significance in their ears.

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I'm betting they're calling the black voters a loss they aren't recovering from.  This after that poll in Detroit where not a single black person polled supported Trump.

• stepee 1

9 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I'm betting they're calling the black voters a loss they aren't recovering from.  This after that poll in Detroit where not a single black person polled supported Trump.

"If we're not getting them back anyway, we're clear to say it now right??"

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

12 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

He’s going to say a hard -r. It’s coming. 

Every time he says “black” it doesn’t roll off his tongue. It’s like he has to spit it out. You can see the mental calculus to not say the hard r in real time.

Good news, the most normal of Ohio's two Senators, a man with one foot in the rust belt and one in Jackson, KY had a normal take:

“I thought it was hysterical,” Vance was quoted as saying

“The president doesn’t do scripted B.S. stuff,” Vance was quoted as saying, according to the report. “He actually goes into hostile audiences, he answers tough questions, he pushes back against them, but he actually answers them.”

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Donald Trump’s running mate J.D. Vance told reporters he thought Trump’s controversial remarks questioning the racial identity of Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris were humorous and doubled down by attacking Harris as a “chameleon.”“I thought it was hysterical,” Vance was quoted as sayin...

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Good news, the most normal of Ohio's two Senators, a man with one foot in the rust belt and one in Jackson, KY had a normal take:

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Donald Trump’s running mate J.D. Vance told reporters he thought Trump’s controversial remarks questioning the racial identity of Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris were humorous and doubled down by attacking Harris as a “chameleon.”“I thought it was hysterical,”...

Ok Scrappy Doo, calm down.

• Sicko 1

6 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Donald Trump’s running mate J.D. Vance told reporters he thought Trump’s controversial remarks questioning the racial identity of Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris were humorous and doubled down by attacking Harris as a “chameleon.”“I thought it was...

Aren’t his children biracial lol

• True 1

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I’m hoping it’s more like four months; after they lose the election. 

The GOP's move away from Trump won't be quick, even if he loses.  They handed far too much over to him and they'll have his batshit cult to deal with.  But Vance will probably take a shot again in 2028, when he'll also be up for re-election for his Senate seat

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I’m hoping it’s more like four months; after they lose the election. 

Earlier today I was allowing myself a little daydream of imagining 2028 and Donald Trump Jr. rocking the primaries hard with like 4% of the vote.

The GOP is so fucked if they can't manage to squeeze one more term out of their rickety old weirdo.....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.CNN.COM

The US Secret Service protective detail of Vice President Kamala Harris’ stepdaughter Ella Emhoff was involved in an incident Tuesday in which a man caused damage to two of her protective...

Lotta people trying to fuck around and find out lately.

22 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.CNN.COM

The US Secret Service protective detail of Vice President Kamala Harris’ stepdaughter Ella Emhoff was involved in an incident Tuesday in which a man caused damage to two of her protective...

19 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Lotta people trying to fuck around and find out lately.

It was almost certainly just the guy trying to remove the illegal license plate covers from the vehicle because they're a plague in NYC, and they got extremely unlucky on what vehicle they chose.

The man, Harry Heymann, appeared to be a supporter of a small group of citizen activists who call attention to — and sometimes personally modify — the obstructed license plates often used by motorists to evade tolls and traffic enforcement in New York.

Heymann, 45, approached the unmarked vehicles outside a Tribeca restaurant, then broke off their license plate covers on the back, according to a criminal complaint.

A spokesperson for the Secret Service didn’t respond to a question about why the two vehicles featured license plate covers.

NYC.STREETSBLOG.ORG

The NYPD arrested a man and charged him with "criminal mischief" after he allegedly tampered with a covered license plate affixed to a Secret Service vehicle.

APNEWS.COM

NEW YORK (AP) — A Manhattan software developer was arrested and charged Tuesday with damaging the license plate covers on two SUVs belonging to a Secret Service detail assigned to Vice President Kamala Harris’ stepdaughter.

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It was almost certainly just the guy trying to remove the illegal license plate covers from the vehicle because they're a plague in NYC, and they got extremely unlucky on what vehicle they chose.

In what way is this not fucking around? Someone gonna end up shooting his ass while he's being a hall monitor.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

In what way is this not fucking around? Someone gonna end up shooting his ass while he's being a hall monitor.

Not really "hall monitor" when the only purpose for these covers is committing crimes.