Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, finaljedi said:

The Democratic leadership should have thought about trying to groom future generations of Democrat leaders years ago.  They didn't have any up and comers after Obama.  I'm not sure that Gavin Newsom hits it in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Newsom has a bit of a slick talking weasel aura about him but he is an excellent communicator who can think on his feet. He would have run rings around trump tonight. 

The Dems have some decent people on the bench, but that doesn’t help us now. 

Maybe the biggest mistake they made 4 years ago was Kamala. If we had a really strong VP waiting in the wings I don’t think we would be as panicked. But Kamala is very very unpopular. 

1 minute ago, ort said:

Newsom has a bit of a slick talking weasel aura about him but he is an excellent communicator who can think on his feet. He would have run rings around trump tonight. 

The Dems have some decent people on the bench, but that doesn’t help us now. 

Maybe the biggest mistake they made 4 years ago was Kamala. If we had a really strong VP waiting in the wings I don’t think we would be as panicked. But Kamala is very very unpopular. 

Kamala comes off as 1000% more insincere than Newsom.

6 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

The Democratic leadership should have thought about trying to groom future generations of Democrat leaders years ago.  They didn't have any up and comers after Obama.  I'm not sure that Gavin Newsom hits it in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

That has been a consistent chicken within the Democratic Party which genuinely appears to be coming home to roost right now and at the worst possible time.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Apparently outlets like NYTimes, WaPo, Fox News, and ABC News are hearing from high ranking Republican officials about serious considerations in moving Trump off the ballot. I guess they are concerned that a man who has been adjudicated as a rapist, a convicted felon, and found to have lead an insurrection doesn’t convey the family values and tough on crime attitude Republican voters are demanding.

Oh what’s that? No, no they aren’t? Not a fucking thing matters to them except power and fucking over as many humans (not white christian men) as possible.

Ok.

5 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Who's that Kentucky Governor, put him in.

Beshear.  I don't think he's gotten any national exposure, other than beating a crooked fuckup like Bevin 5 years ago.  I know some people were pushing Pritzker for a while.

Honestly with Beshear winning Kentucky they should have approached him to do a DNC keynote in 2020 or something, see if they could set him up for something.

I don't know, I see Newsom struggling with the midwest and rust belt, but he has energy and can contrast Trump well so :badass:

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

Beshear.  I don't think he's gotten any national exposure, other than beating a crooked fuckup like Bevin 5 years ago.  I know some people were pushing Pritzker for a while.

Honestly with Beshear winning Kentucky they should have approached him to do a DNC keynote in 2020 or something, see if they could set him up for something.

I don't know, I see Newsom struggling with the midwest and rust belt, but he has energy and can contrast Trump well so :badass:

Midwest someone and Newsom as VP to fuck up Trump's VP pick. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like just imagine trying to put a white guy at the ticket over the sitting VP, a woman of color. Jesus Christ. 

Black women are pretty much the most solid Dem voting bloc, and you just might keep a bunch home if you skip over the Black woman current VP for another white guy.

That's the thing--if Biden steps down, I don't see how you bypass Kamala without making things a whole lot worse.

Then again, I don't see how you don't make things a whole lot worse by having Biden step down period.

Then again, if this debate tanks his approval even more than it already is, keeping him on the ticket clearly makes things a whole lot worse.

So...I can only conclude things are about to get a whole lot worse.