Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

23 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Does he know?

I.... I don't think he knows.

Vance: I would call my wife up here to speak but then I think I’d have to sleep [with] the couch

fixed

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Jesse Waters is BIG MAD and I love it:

I wasn't sure how effective the "weird" line of attack was going to be, but it seems like it's successfully baited the weirdest public figures on the right into acting even fuckin' weirder.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Jesse Waters is BIG MAD and I love it:

I cannot get over “the scientists.” You

know…them. The science guys. The guys who do all of our science.

Bill Nye Loco GIF by NETFLIX

12 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I wasn't sure how effective the "weird" line of attack was going to be, but it seems like it's successfully baited the weirdest public figures on the right into acting even fuckin' weirder.

I am not sure how it will translate at the polls, but I have noticed that it is actually really effective at cutting off the right's media machine getting worked up over something like they love to do.

Like have you seen their new tan suitism is something something Last Supper Olympics outrage? It's like they've done something for so long they still can't help but do it even though they know the "weird" retort is coming....

• True 1

12 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I am not sure how it will translate at the polls, but I have noticed that it is actually really effective at cutting off the right's media machine getting worked up over something like they love to do.

Like have you seen their new tan suitism is something something Last Supper Olympics outrage? It's like they've done something for so long they still can't help but do it even though they know the "weird" retort is coming....

bafkreigopt2nrf3rwdi3gte4qvzdjjlxu4eim63

• Guillotine 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

lmao what

It’s wild, but Christian’s are thinking everything is about them and their victimhood

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Some church leaders and politicians have condemned the performance from the opening ceremony for mocking Christianity. Art historians are divided.

The opening ceremony’s artistic director, Thomas Jolly, said at the Games’ daily news conference on Saturday that the event was not meant to “be subversive, or shock people, or mock people.” On Sunday, Anne Descamps, the Paris 2024 spokeswoman, said at the daily news conference, “If people have taken any offense, we are, of course, really, really sorry.”

Mr. Jolly said on Sunday that he had not been inspired by “The Last Supper.”

“It is Dionysus who arrives at the table,” Mr. Jolly said in a television interview with the French media outlet BFMTV. Dionysus is the Greek god of festivities and wine, and is the father of Sequana, the goddess of the Seine River, he said. “The idea was instead to have a grand pagan festival connected to the gods of Olympus, Olympism,” he added.

Also there were 17 drag queens and not 12 which is QUITE SIGNIFICANT if you’re trying to mock Christianity you do need to get the details right. 

• Haha 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Also there were 17 drag queens and not 12 which is QUITE SIGNIFICANT if you’re trying to mock Christianity you do need to get the details right. 

They don't know how many people are supposed to be at the last supper because none of them have read their bible.

• True 3
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

They don't know how many people are supposed to be at the last supper because none of them have read their bible.

I mean it’s doubtful they’ve even looked up the painting from the Italian da Vinci they just see halo iconography and something that vaguely looks like one of the most important renaissance paintings and reflexes kick in and immediately recognize it as Christ. Which, to be fair, it centuries old branding that they’re responding to. 

Glad the campaign's smart enough to have a good line of attack in store for the border issue.  It would be a bad idea to try and simply ignore it.

I can't figure out if it's just that Biden was running a sluggish campaign, or if Harris is running a more aggressive-than-usual campaign earlier in the cycle because it's crucial she define herself positively to the public in the next three weeks, or what...but I feel like the ads, messaging and campaign strategy are being coordinated way more effectively than before Biden dropped out.

• stepee 1
  • True 1

8 hours ago, MarSolo said:

People, why are we making fun of totally normal behavior?

spacer.png

Let he hasn’t compared his daughter’s vagina to a ham sandwich throw the first stone!

Well, if these repressed Christian girls are like any of the other ones I knew in high school I’ve got some bad news for this person. 

Great news for everybody else though. 

• True 2
  • Sicko 1

8 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It’s wild, but Christian’s are thinking everything is about them and their victimhood

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Some church leaders and politicians have condemned the performance from the opening ceremony for mocking Christianity. Art historians are divided.

Maybe they should worry more about poverty or something

• Confused 1