Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

46 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I gotta be honest I don't understand why "weird" is triggering conservatives so much. Its really....odd.

Have you met a conservative in your life? They’re a bunch of, to quote their terms, NPCs who swear they’re the Dovahkiin despite working at Arby’s.

At a fundamental level they know they’re failures and the true snowflakes so when they get called out they get big mad. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

15 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There is no doubt in my mind that this is what will happen in November:

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

At least 70 pro-Trump conspiracists are election officials in key battleground counties — and they are poised to make a giant mess on Election Day.

The post-election legal battles are going to be tremendously expensive, so I suggest throwing some cash to Marc Elias's Democracy Docket if you can:

WWW.DEMOCRACYDOCKET.COM

The leading progressive platform for information, analysis and opinion about voting rights, elections and democracy.

Refuse to certify, resulting in an eternal Biden/Harris administration?

The weird thing has just broken every Republican brain. They think they are the cool guy, the anti-establishment punk guy, but really they are the guy who shows up to a party and the girls instinctively cover their drinks. All of them have been reacting the same way:

"I'm weird? Me, a man who has memorized the exact cranial measurements of every Habsburg for the past 300 years? Me, a man with a Mentat-like knowledge of the birth rate of every white female population? You're calling me weird, a guy who sniffs the hair of every girl who walks by?"

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The weird thing has just broken every Republican brain. They think they are the cool guy, the anti-establishment punk guy, but really they are the guy who shows up to a party and the girls instinctively cover their drinks. All of them have been reacting the same way:

"I'm weird? Me, a man who has memorized the exact cranial measurements of every Habsburg for the past 300 years? Me, a man with a Mentat-like knowledge of the birth rate of every white female population? You're calling me weird, a guy who sniffs the hair of every girl who walks by?"

Im not online enough to know if this is really breaking them but man do I love the idea of finally calling it out as all weird creepy dudes. I hope the Harris campaign starts doing ads about it.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

i mean he could be

I think after nominating a black woman, the reaction to a lot of people within the party to nominating a gay man would be "don't push it, we're trying to win the midwest." Although to be fair, he is very popular in the midwest, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You put an unlikable black woman as the presidential nominee that turns out people actually like so you can't put a gay white man in there that people like because people won't like him ... ?

Bigotry is an exercise in cognitive dissonance, it's not supposed to make logical sense, so... yes?

I'm just a guy on the internet, I could be entirely wrong.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I feel like the fries are piled in such a way that Tek Knight JD Vance probably is doing everything in his power not to shove his dick into them.

It honestly is making me just want to get a sausage coated in kraut - and in London I think that is the best I can do anyway

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

It honestly is making me just want to get a sausage coated in kraut - and in London I think that is the best I can do anyway

Probably boiled with all salt and flavor removed by law.

• stepee 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Dude, I don't think Pete Buttigieg should be the VP pick, but FUCK is he just really good at communicating

Guy’s next level for sure.  Have you seen the latest clip of him kicking ass on Fox News?  Knocks every question out of the park, utterly destroys Trump and never loses his composure or says anything bordering on the unreasonable for a second:

If centrism stays the norm in the country, maybe in a future election when the Democrats aren’t running against an unhinged fascist it’ll be worth taking a chance and nominating him.  I think when the boomers pass and it’s GenX/GenZ ruling the roost in terms of the voting demographics the country will be ready.  The evangelicals will  throw a fit, of course, but they always do.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Small sample size and not kinking shaming here but every dude who got off watching me fuck his female partner was a conservative and all but one would “clean her up” after sooooo.

Make of that what you will.

• Sicko Sherman 1

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

I gotta be honest I don't understand why "weird" is triggering conservatives so much. Its really....odd.

They've been hating people for being different for so long they can't own it. White supremacy assumes they are the standard and they can't deal with not being the ideal.

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

It's hard to lose "weird" once it sticks and it's hard to defend against because they've spent years actually being weird and they know it... and they can't stop.  If you look at their defense they post "hurhur Republicans are weird?" and then post like 20 pictures of badly dressed trans people or one of those incredibly busy shitty memes they love so much, then they get called weird for having all of that on their phone to post.

They can dismiss fascist or bigot or any other the other pretty true things as leftist overreaction.  But someone calls you weird and then like a few days ago you have a post where you posted what you thought was a zoomed in testicle at the opening ceremony of the olympics, you might feel self conscious about being weird.

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

It's hard to lose "weird" once it sticks and it's hard to defend against because they've spent years actually being weird and they know it... and they can't stop.  If you look at their defense they post "hurhur Republicans are weird?" and then post like 20 pictures of badly dressed trans people or one of those incredibly busy shitty memes they love so much, then they get called weird for having all of that on their phone to post.

They can dismiss fascist or bigot or any other the other pretty true things as leftist overreaction.  But someone calls you weird and then like a few days ago you have a post where you posted what you thought was a zoomed in testicle at the opening ceremony of the olympics, you might feel self conscious about being weird.

hahahaha they have a lot of threads like wErE wEiRd!? Libs are weird! And then followed with pictures of gay men dancing like... they aren't just minding their own business and happy.

48 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

They've been hating people for being different for so long they can't own it. White supremacy assumes they are the standard and they can't deal with not being the ideal.

I think this is the closest thing to the truth. They think of themselves as the norm, the default; hence the complaining about old movie franchises being "woke" for introducing people of color. But deep down they know they are a shrinking minority and their biggest fear is being othered and having the roles reversed on them.

Being called weird strikes at their greatest fear of being othered. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I think this is the closest thing to the truth. They think of themselves as the norm, the default; hence the complaining about old movie franchises being "woke" for introducing people of color. But deep down they know they are a shrinking minority and their biggest fear is being othered and having the roles reversed on them.

Being called weird strikes at their greatest fear of being othered. 

For example if you call me weird I'll probably just shrug and say ok.

9 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

For example if you call me weird I'll probably just shrug and say ok.

It's because there are degrees of weird.

One one of the socials someone posted a picture of Harris' stepdaughter with one of those "you call us weird?" sort of statements.  Dismissing the fact that she can't be both a childless cat lady and the stepmother of an odd kid, that kid wasn't the same kind of weird.  I said it's like comparing The Life Aquatic with A Serbian Film, they're both weird but in very different ways.

There's "I know way too much Metal Gear Solid lore" that is miles apart from "Childless people should have less votes and the government needs to be able to surveil menstruation"