Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

Two of the oldest men ever just shit talked each other's golf game at a Presidential Debate.

This was legitimately the funniest moment in a presidential debate I’ve seen in my lifetime.

We are a deeply unserious people

• Haha 6

They are going way too easy on Trump. Push him on his refusal to accept the election. It’s the single most fucked up thing a political candidate has done in the history of this country and they act like it’s just some ho-hum scandal. It’s not, it’s a fucking existential shit show of the most epic proportion. The fact that we’re talking about anything but his denial of the results is a fucking travesty, like, what are we even doing here?

• Halal 1

Trump still won't answer the question about the election results. "If it's fair and free, then I will, etc." 

Biden saying "I know you won't accept the results, because you're a whiner, something snapped in you the last time you lost" was pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Hellhound said:

I think you could put random words on papers in a box, shake it, and dump them out and they would still make more sense than Trump. 

New board game.... Random words or shit Trump said.

If they ask that shithead 20 questions, 19 of them should be about how he refused to accept the election results. Just keep on it.. never stop talking about it. No bigger issue exists. Why are we even having elections if one of our major political parties refuses to accept the results?

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Trump still won't answer the question about the election results. "If it's fair and free, then I will, etc." 

Biden saying "I know you won't accept the results, because you're a whiner, something snapped in you the last time you lost" was pretty good.

Followed by Trump's forced grin and him having to eat it before a commercial break.

• True 1

I know they thought Biden was the safest bet to remove Trump 4 years ago, and maybe he was… but now where are we? How is it even possible to lose to a person like Trump?

4 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Any possibility this goes in the 'total wash' department or is this going to definitively restore Orange Mussolini to power?

No chance this is a total wash in my opinion. The conversation happening now is replacing Biden, and it's happening everywhere. I don't know what happens now.

It all hinges on that brain meltdown a few minutes into the debate. That clip will be everywhere.

If I had to guess about the reaction…

Potential Trump voters: probably largely unmoved by this event. 

Potential Biden voters: probably a little worried and wondering if it is too late to bring somebody else in.

But it is June, I don’t think this has lasting impact. But Biden should probably avoid any more of these. The risk/reward is out of whack

• True 1

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Potential Biden voters: probably a little worried and wondering if it is too late to bring somebody else in.

But it is June, I don’t think this has lasting impact. But Biden should probably avoid any more of these. The risk/reward is out of whack

On the other hand I think Biden needs another one to be fresher in memory than this one.

• True 2

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Whoever told Biden to do this should be fired. The risk was far too high. 

The answer to the age question is… the president always has the final say, the main job of a true leader is his ability to surround himself with the best and smartest people  and listen to what they do and make a decision. I surround myself with lifelong civil servants and experts and trump surrounds himself with criminals and  roneys and sycophants. Yes, I am very old, and I have seen a lot and been through a lot and I trust in my ability to make the tough decisions. No man doesn’t all by himself. Trump may say he does, but he doesn’t. And then starting on how no one in his cabinet supports him any more. 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

CNN is reporting Democratic Leadership is thinking about going to the White House or publicly call for him to step aside.

The Democratic leadership should have thought about trying to groom future generations of Democrat leaders years ago.  They didn't have any up and comers after Obama.  I'm not sure that Gavin Newsom hits it in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1