Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

59 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I just upload to a discord and share from there, dunno if anyone else has issues seeing them but works for me, but i also don't have issue viewing anyone elses stuff.

This works but after a few days if that specific message isn’t active in your session it gives an error and the image can’t be seen where you posted it. 

Speaking of traditional media absolutely shitting the bed…

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

We took photographs, captured 360-degree video and counted attendees at six recent rallies to analyze which of the candidates’ claims on crowd sizes hold weight.

No I did not and will not pay to read this article as it shouldn’t fucking exist.  

• True 1

52 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Speaking of traditional media absolutely shitting the bed…

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

We took photographs, captured 360-degree video and counted attendees at six recent rallies to analyze which of the candidates’ claims on crowd sizes hold weight.

No I did not and will not pay to read this article as it shouldn’t fucking exist.  

Apparently I had a free article, and of the 3 rallies they compared for each she did in fact have more people at them. They also confirmed people leave Trump rallies early, while also mentioning they're a lot longer, lol. 

• Haha 1

Alright, the postimage links now work, was clearly just some weird thing with their bootleg Australia servers or routing to my general area (again, didn't work on my gigabit home internet or my phone's data, completely separate sources of internet) but whatever, the memes are back, so all is well.

As for the other issue, I've been able to replicate it by going to that post and clicking expand before opening the spoiler tag, which works on all 3 themes! Except the 2 light themes render the image behind the posts below, so it looks both more and less broken. No idea why that post has an "expand" option, as it only increases the size of the post by a couple centimeters, which I assume is what breaks loading the image after opening the spoiler tag. If I open the spoiler tag first without expanding it, it's fine.

In any case, glad to see the debate has provided some immediate and tangible positive results, and not at all surprised to see the one-sided "fact checkers" only bothering with the side that has much less deceptive and much more infrequent "lies," it's a lot less work than fact-checking Trump's nonstop Gish Gallop nonsense, I know.

I don’t know if that flyer is real, but the very real and hateful coming out of Trump, Vance, and the rest of the GOP is very disheartening and just downright evil. The Haitians deserve the world. What the west has done to them is deeply cruel, and to see them being used this way is horrible. Fuck the GOP for trying to start a pogrom in an attempt to win an election. 

• True 2

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m not sure where this rumor started, and, frankly, I don’t care to research it, but allegedly Loomer has “bragged” to some people that she has audio recordings of her “intimate” encounters with Trump.

:sick:

This is a definitely a Death By Snu Snu reaction moment imagining this being an October Surprise but then also realizing if it was....you'd have to hear it....

Snu Snu GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Oh my. 

George Takei Oh My GIFs | Tenor

21 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

ABC General election poll

Harris 52% (+6)

Trump 46%

Ipsos #B - 2196 LV - 9/13

We all know the Trump playbook by now with his intellectual Zambonis(more recently people have been calling it sanewashing). Trump says something, then doubles down, then since Dear Leader can never be wrong it is everyone else's job to go out and find proof that he must be right.

But I think this has been a really bad time and place to have as big a flub as the "they're eating pets" thing. Trump and the right look like they are going to waste a whole week or two of the limited time they have left before the election on this. It is a testament to just how much of their own Kool-Aid they have drank that anyone on Trump's side thinks this is a worthwhile subject to spend their time on.

14 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This is a definitely a Death By Snu Snu reaction moment imagining this being an October Surprise but then also realizing if it was....you'd have to hear it....

Snu Snu GIFs | Tenor

Apparently she also described… something I just can’t bring myself to write… that she claims Trump said was “the best he ever had”.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

I hope her ego causes her to share them then they get leaked.

TBF, I don’t even know if this is real. Though, if it is: 1.) I wouldn’t be surprised, 2.) it definitely is going to get “leaked”, 2b.) I’m using quotes around leaked because Loomer will probably be the leaker.

• Halal 1