Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People always post the imgur posts wrong.

spacer.png

The iOS app only gives me one link to share. Imgur sucks donkey balls. @Jasonshould just integrate postimages.org into the board: 

POSTIMAGES.ORG

Provides free image upload and hosting integration for forums. Free picture hosting and photo sharing for websites and blogs.

Then we could upload directly from here.

• True 1

12 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I don't recall saying that. But he mentioned it's pulling a subset of the polls that 538 uses.

I think there was just a miscommunication. The post you were responding to said that Nate Silver's model was the one that was out of line, not 538s. So when you said it wasn't far out of line with 538 it looked you were responding to the comment about Silver's being out of line and thought he was still there.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The iOS app only gives me one link to share. Imgur sucks donkey balls. @Jasonshould just integrate postimages.org into the board: 

POSTIMAGES.ORG

Provides free image upload and hosting integration for forums. Free picture hosting and photo sharing for websites and blogs.

A 1,000 times this. We need image hosting here especially if you guys don't like us posting direct links to X n such (which most of us ignore, bit still).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

POSTIMAGES.ORG

The iOS app does give you the correct link if you do the following: You need to tap into the image, then tap-hold on the image, then “Copy Link” which will give you the image extension on the end of the URL which is what you need. 

Your screen should look like this:

spacer.png

Then tap-hold

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

APNEWS.COM

Pennsylvania voters could have their mail-in ballots thrown out if they do not write accurate dates on envelopes they use to return them under a state Supreme Court ruling.

Somehow tossing mail in ballots for harmless typos is election integrity.  

March all chuds into the uncaring sea.

• Guillotine 1

37 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The iOS app does give you the correct link if you do the following: You need to tap into the image, then tap-hold on the image, then “Copy Link” which will give you the image extension on the end of the URL which is what you need. 

Your screen should look like this:

spacer.png

Then tap-hold

spacer.png

Postimages.org is instant, I’ll stick with that :p 

Just now, Jason said:

It probably looks okay to spork because the image is already in his browser cache.

Nope, because I’m currently on mobile and if I go on my desktop it’s fine still.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll let you know when you post non broken images.  :peace:

They’re not broken for you since you always react and comment on them.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Well, they load. It just takes forever. Usually I read everything else on the page and then go back to see if your images have loaded yet (they usually haven’t)

That happens all the time with tweets and other image hosts, though, not just mine. I figured that was a board issue.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

That happens all the time with tweets and other image hosts, though, not just mine. I figured that was a board issue.

It is something that happens specifically with postimage, as I mentioned earlier, it must be like a server snag or something because sometimes they download slow or just hang. This is from someone who has used that site to post the images sometimes after uploading your image it will just load really slow. As for "what Xbob saw" those images still have never loaded for me. They show up as white flickering squares. Eventually they just show up as a broken image thing that says img398.jpg (or whatever)

spacer.png

Also, for the record this finally showed up today.

34 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:
APNEWS.COM

Pennsylvania voters could have their mail-in ballots thrown out if they do not write accurate dates on envelopes they use to return them under a state Supreme Court ruling.

Somehow tossing mail in ballots for harmless typos is election integrity.  

March all chuds into the uncaring sea.

Well the good news here i suppose is that mail in vote is going to be dramatically reduced since not many are worried about COVID this year, so mail in votes will be way down, its also why i think we'll know pretty fast who wins.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It is something that happens specifically with postimage, as I mentioned earlier, it must be like a server snag or something because sometimes they download slow or just hang. This is from someone who has used that site to post the images sometimes after uploading your image it will just load really slow. As for "what Xbob saw" those images still have never loaded for me. They show up as white flickering squares. Eventually they just show up as a broken image thing that says img398.jpg (or whatever)

spacer.png

Also, for the record this finally showed up today.

I’ve seen integrated hyperlinks not load sometimes, so this isn’t unique to postimages

I am 100% onboard with the Harris campaign eschewing traditional media companies. Just look at this shit:

WWW.CNN.COM

A social media account run by Vice President Kamala Harris’ campaign has been repeatedly deceptive.

Yet they won't outright say the same for Trump's statements, where he lies in 100% of his statements and interviews.

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am 100% onboard with the Harris campaign eschewing traditional media companies. Just look at this shit:

WWW.CNN.COM

A social media account run by Vice President Kamala Harris’ campaign has been repeatedly deceptive.

Yet they won't outright say the same for Trump's statements, where he lies in 100% of his statements and interviews.

I can’t help but laugh at how pathetic this is. Jfc

• Halal 1