Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

6 hours ago, TheBladeRoden said:

They like that he gets away with the shit that he says, and they also help him get away with the shit that he says. What a cycle.

Also https://x.com/JDVance/status/1834785910635794774

Deportation camps: Not just for illegals for long.

Came across a Youtuber, self-proclaimed "investigative journalist" who went to Springfield and just interviewed random people about the Haitians. It was a lot of white people complaining about their neighbors. When he interviewed a few Haitians he tried to insinuate they were getting government money to be able to afford to live there.

There does appear to be a problem with supply/demand of goods (and housing) because the city had no advanced notification to the influx of 20,000 people. Is it a bureaucratic mess? Perhaps a corporate mess...

WWW.SPRINGFIELDNEWSSUN.COM

Springfield's mayor addressed resident questions and concerns about the increased Haitian immigrant population in the city and said a group looking into key issues would prepare a public report.

Investigation by the city’s Immigrant Accountability Response Team formed in October of 2023 has revealed the possibility “there were companies that knew they were going to make an effort to bring in individuals who were crossing the border based on federal regulations that they could do that,” Rue said. “I’m upset at the fact we didn’t get a chance to have an infrastructure in place if there were going to be 20,000 more people from 2020 to 2025. We didn’t get to do that.”

Sounds like greedy companies shipping in lower wage workers to cheap places to do jobs Americans don't want to do (do those companies also receive compensation or tax breaks for doing this?), and yet Republicans, in bad faith, blame the Biden Administration. And yet people will buy the narrow story this Youtuber is selling because he didn't bother to do any real investigation. No data, no trends, no legal research. Just anecdotes. 

I think I also found JD's "source"

This Kyle Koehler is real, but I cannot find where he said any of this. I'm pretty sure it's a made-up quote with made-up numbers trying to go viral.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

What're these bootleg ass image links you're posting? Neither one loads on any browser on my PC or my phone, including switching to data in case it was my home internet. I even dug deep into the ominously labeled "internet" browser on my phone and even that wouldn't load them.

Seems like a personal problem as they’re loading for others. Maybe get off whatever bootleg internet you’re using :p 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Seems like a personal problem as they’re loading for others. Maybe get off whatever bootleg internet you’re using :p 

Oh I can assure you, the bootleg internet is going to be connected to that .cc domain! Fuckin' esoteric Australian island domain! Not even Australia proper, an Australian territory! Probably jerry-rigged internet by the professor from Gilligan's Island!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Oh I can assure you, the bootleg internet is going to be connected to that .cc domain! Fuckin' esoteric Australian island domain! Not even Australia proper, an Australian territory! Probably jerry-rigged internet by the professor from Gilligan's Island!

It's actually a .org root source. Sad that your internet can't handle anything but .coms, though. Life in the boonies must be tough. :p 

• Haha 1

They didn't load for me either but it's a postimage thing, sometimes they take a while to load or a server goes offline or something.

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Use imgur ya fucks!

People stopped using it after they changed their policy where they were going to delete images that weren't uploaded by a registered account.

However, I've uploaded stuff on a not registered account so maybe they didn't go ahead with that policy. (As for purging NSFW images they probably did that, but that doesn't necessarily concern me posting stuff here. I know @Nokra watches me like a hawk and will permaban me if he sees some creamy thighs)

• Sicko 1

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

GXceLVLXYAAETMq?format=jpg&name=large

Same thing happened in 22' when republicans thought they were in for a wave year only get have it completely fizzle out election day.

Yeah, someone put the work in and averaged out only the credible pollsters, and things look much better for Harris than 538 or Nate Silver would suggest.

WWW.YAHOO.COM

A new poll conducted after the Sept. 10 A new poll, one of the first conducted after the Sept. 10 debate, shows Harris (50%) surging to a five-point lead over Trump (45%) among registered voters in a head-to-head match-up.

4-point lead with LVs.

Importantly:

And Harris is flipping independents as well. Before Tuesday’s debate, Harris trailed Trump by 9 points (35% to 44%) with that crucial bloc; she now leads by 10 (47% to 37%).

• Shocked 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 2

27 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Votehub, only uses A/B rated pollsters from 538.  Silver's model is the only one not heavily weighting or just banning bad R pollsters, hence his model being wildly out of line with everyone else.

GXZLy0OXAAAOsX5?format=jpg&name=large

538 is showing 2.7 pts for the Nat Avg, so we’re not exactly talking a huge difference here.

58 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.YAHOO.COM

A new poll conducted after the Sept. 10 A new poll, one of the first conducted after the Sept. 10 debate, shows Harris (50%) surging to a five-point lead over Trump (45%) among registered voters in a head-to-head match-up.

4-point lead with LVs.

Importantly:

They're eating the dogs!!!