Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

I'm not watching. I'll read your reactions. I can't do that to myself.

Debates are supposed to be for undecided people. I'm not undecided. And there is literally nothing Donald Trump could do or say that addresses all of his personal, professional, and presidential failures in order to make me vote for him. So yeah I'm not watching either but I'll check in on this thread for the laughs.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

Debates are supposed to be for undecided people. I'm not undecided. And there is literally nothing Donald Trump could do or say that addresses all of his personal, professional, and presidential failures in order to make me vote for him. So yeah I'm not watching either but I'll check in on this thread for the laughs.

I completely agree but I'm watching for entertainment. 

6 hours ago, Best said:

I just don't like the idea that Vital is a troll just because he has a different perspective than everyone here.

A different perspective is one way to think about it. But to me, different perspectives must still comport to the same evident reality. If I think the drinking age is fine, and you think it's too high, that's both of us agreeing on the foundation of there being a drinking age, and it being set at a certain number, but we have a difference of perspective. If I think the drinking age is fine and you think the drinking age is causing martians to play solitaire inside our asses and clowns to sprout wings, then not only do we not agree on the basics of evident reality, I'm also going to think there's something wrong with you!

• Sicko Sherman 1

General Election poll 

Minnesota - 🔵 Harris +7

Michigan - 🔵 Harris +3

Pennsylvania - 🔵 Harris +3

Wisconsin - 🔵 Harris +3

Georgia - 🟡 Tie

Nevada - 🟡 Tie

N. Carolina - 🟡 Tie

Arizona - 🔴 Trump +2

Florida - 🔴 Trump +2

Morning Consult #C - LV - 9/8

• Thanks 2

Just now, TUFKAK said:

My labor rep asked me to canvas for Harris in Nevada and Arizona; I’m considering it.

In 2015 I canvassed door-to-door with the local NDP candidate for our federal election. As in, it was just him and I for two shifts. We hit about 350 houses in two parts of the city, talking to tonnes of people, and he ended up winning the election by 132 votes over the Conservative incumbent (50,000 votes cast). 

I will brag about that forever, and I still feel great about any small difference I made. So I'd highly recommend you volunteer to help out!

• stepee 3

GALLUP: In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent? (8/1-20)

🔵 Democrat: 31% [+3]

🔴 Republican: 30% [=]

🟡 Independent: 39% [-2]

——

With independent leaners

🔵 Democrat: 49% [+8]

🔴 Republican: 46% [-1]

[+/- change vs July]

17259279685258051011942704377984.jpg?ex=

43 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Having abortion rights on the ballot in Arizona, Nevada, and Florida should help Harris overall.  

The idiot Florida Dems want to firewall the abortion campaign from the candidates, I hope the Harris campaign has been able to smack them upside the head on that. 

• Halal 1

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

The idiot Florida Dems want to firewall the abortion campaign from the candidates, I hope the Harris campaign has been able to smack them upside the head on that. 

It certainly hasn't worked; Harris campaign has done a Florida bus tour on abortion rights.

My wife, my in-laws, and myself are playing debate bingo tomorrow night. Top prize is a Donald Trump figure in an orange jumpsuit. I advocated for it to be a bumper sticker that reads, “I got some at the RNC” with the Grindr logo but it was ultimately not to be.

23 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

My wife, my in-laws, and myself are playing debate bingo tomorrow night. Top prize is a Donald Trump figure in an orange jumpsuit. I advocated for it to be a bumper sticker that reads, “I got some at the RNC” with the Grindr logo but it was ultimately not to be.

I can't believe you didn't share a pic of the figure.

22 minutes ago, Best said:

What's wrong with postimages?

The embedding is always kinda fucked up whenever I see someone use postimages. Maybe user error though, but not sure since I don't use it.

• Wrong 1

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

The embedding is always kinda fucked up whenever I see someone use postimages. Maybe user error though, but not sure since I don't use it.

It must be a server thing on their end. It works fine for me but sometimes the images take a while to load.

Trump is proposing tariffs on all goods entering the United States and begged the Federal Reserve to further cut interest rates during his first term, even suggesting that they should have been negative like Europe. And yet most Americans trust Trump over Dems on the economy and inflation! This alone makes a good case that the American public are economically illiterate. 

Americans want Trump. Many of the Republicans I know who used to say Trump was not good for the country are in full blown shill mode, apologizing for everything he does and pretending that they are impartial. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

Americans want Trump. Many of the Republicans I know who used to say Trump was not good for the country are in full blown shill mode, apologizing for everything he does and pretending that they are impartial. 

That's the part that annoys me most. Fuckers pretending they're undecided or they're not sure and you reveal within 10 seconds that they're all aboard the Trump train. Chickenshits.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Postimages.org is what I always use and the formatting isn’t f’d on my constant memes. You need to post from “direct link” and not the other options.

• Thanks 1