Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Does this count as "quiet quitting"?

image.png

He's going to show up to that Pittsburgh rally with Harris unshaven and wearing a t-shirt, board shorts, and flip-flops.

Well, we ARE coming up on Labor Day Weekend, I think Congress isn't in session, and he doesn't have that day off; he'll be with Harris in Pittsburgh. So I'd definitely soak up the sun while I can before I'm deployed nationwide to help Harris win.

• Halal 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I think he thought it said stepee!

I figured that out right after I posted. Yea, he said he had a difficult time getting spork and stepee mixed up. 

Sigh...I really miss him. 

• Hugs 2

51 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

J.D Vance Net Favorable Polling Average:

July 18: -3.3%

July 25: -5.3%

Aug 1: -7.3%

Aug 8: -9.3%

Aug 15: -9.1%

Aug 26: -9.7%

I was reading this from my PC connected to my tv and first missed the negative and thought "9.7% isn't a lot but I'm surprised it's going up!"

Makes much more sense now :p 

• Haha 1

WWW.CNBC.COM

Donald Trump and Kamala Harris have both received criticism from economists on their policy proposals so far.

Former President Donald Trump’s economic proposals would increase federal deficits by $5.8 trillion over the next decade, almost five times more than those of Vice President Kamala Harris, which would add $1.2 trillion, according to a new pair of studies from the nonpartisan Penn Wharton Budget Model.

The Trump report found that his plan to permanently extend the 2017 tax cuts would add over $4 trillion to deficits over the next 10 years. His proposal to eliminate taxes on Social Security benefits comes with a $1.2 trillion price tag, while his pledge to further reduce corporate taxes would add nearly $6 billion.

The Harris analysis showed that her plan to expand the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit and other tax credits would raise deficits by $2.1 trillion in the coming 10 years. And her proposal to create a $25,000 subsidy for all qualifying first-time homebuyers would add $140 billion over a decade.

But the Harris report found that raising the corporate tax rate to 28% from its current level of 21%, as the vice president has floated, could partially offset the costs of her spending by $1.1 trillion.

Along with corporate tax hikes, Harris has said she supports the $5 trillion worth of revenue raisers contained in President Joe Biden’s budget proposal for the 2025 fiscal year.

The lion’s share of Harris’ revenue streams come with a major asterisk, however: They require congressional approval.

WWW.AJC.COM

Kamala Harris and Tim Walz will visit Savannah and parts of South Georgia that other Democratic candidates have overlooked in the past.

ROLLCALL.COM

In a sign her campaign believes Georgia is in play, Vice President Harris will spend two days in the swing state as Donald Trump heads north.

The bus tour, which is expected to mirror one the Democratic duo conducted in Pennsylvania prior to their convention, is scheduled to culminate with a Thursday evening rally in Savannah. Harris intends to use the event to “lay out the stark choice facing voters in this election between Donald Trump’s dark and dangerous Project 2025 agenda and Vice President Harris’ optimistic and patriotic vision for a new way forward,” the campaign said.

Harris likely will focus on her economic and abortion access messages during the trip, including her convention vow to lower housing costs. To that end, her campaign on Tuesday unveiled a new ad, narrated by the nominee, in which she said of buying a home: “Sadly, right now, it is out of reach for far too many American families,” adding that Washington “should be doing everything we can to make it more affordable to buy a home, not less.” 

Her housing plan calls for construction of 3 million new units, tax incentives for homebuilders to erect units for first-time buyers and other measures that Republicans have panned as too vague and too costly.

One former Democratic National Committee official described Georgia as a tactically wise first post-convention stop for Harris.

“I think she must put Georgia on the map. The Harris campaign message of freedom is catching fire with young, diverse voters,” Ivan Zapien, also a former senior Senate aide, said in an email. “Georgia’s electorate resets every four years and becomes more diverse by the minute.

• Hype 2

21 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Kentucky isn’t going blue no matter what, it hasn’t gone blue since the 70’s.  He’s still trying to pull enough votes to hit 5% and the benefits that brings.  

Is not that it opens up Kentucky by any means but that the campaign, much like the candidate himself, is a joke

• True 2

44 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Is not that it opens up Kentucky by any means but that the campaign, much like the candidate himself, is a joke

He’s not a joke! He’s trying to save your precious bodily fluids from the dangers of seed oils, wifi, and contrails! He’s also teaching us about the value of taking home and playing with roadkill. And of course, if you’re going to cheat on your wife 37 times, don’t forget to write it all down in a journal that’s so awful that after your wife reads it she kills herself.

What a noble hero!

• True 1

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Does this count as "quiet quitting"?

image.png

He's going to show up to that Pittsburgh rally with Harris unshaven and wearing a t-shirt, board shorts, and flip-flops.

I don't blame him.  You ever been to Rehoboth Beach?  It's fucking fantastic

• Sicko Sherman 1

WWW.NPR.ORG

The cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried, a source with knowledge...

A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. 

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source. 

lol 

• Guillotine 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S3xB0t said:
WWW.NPR.ORG

The cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried, a source with knowledge...

lol 

Trump campaign is now accusing the Arlington staffer who tried to tell them they couldn't photograph or film of being some rando having a mental health episode

• Guillotine 1

Media is both-siding the cemetery story, as expected:

JLrwq9x.png

The "dueling allegations" are:

- Trump staff verbally assaulted cemetery staff who told them they couldn't film campaign stuff on the grounds

- Trump staff now saying that the employee suffered from a "mental health incident" towards them

And the WSJ is both-siding it. Jesus christ.

• Guillotine 3