Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

29 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

But he's on the Trump transition team with Tulsi!

Tell everyone you know who is Trump or rf-curious that a vote for rfk basically counts as a vote for Trump so they should go ahead and vote for him it doesn’t make a difference

• stepee 1

9 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

There’s no way Charlie Kirk is allowed near schools. 

He litteraly looks like a 4 yr old that is 6'4.

His videos occasionally pop up on my YouTube feed and it's hilarious how he just visits different schools and picks on kids all day long. 

38 minutes ago, Best said:

He litteraly looks like a 4 yr old that is 6'4.

His videos occasionally pop up on my YouTube feed and it's hilarious how he just visits different schools and picks on kids all day long. 

He has one of the most punchable faces ever.

• True 1

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The alumni of the three Republican presidential nominees sought to reiterate their opposition to Trump's 2020 re-election in an open letter.

More than 200 Republicans who worked for both Bush presidents, the late Sen. John McCain and Sen. Mitt Romney declared their endorsement of Vice President Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign in an open letter released Monday.

The letter comes after several Republicans who are openly critical of former President Donald Trump delivered remarks at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago last week.

In their letter, which was first reported by USA Today, the former staff members noted that they had come out against Trump during the 2020 election cycle and said they "jointly declare that we’re voting for Vice President Kamala Harris and Gov. Tim Walz this November."

"Of course, we have plenty of honest, ideological disagreements with Vice President Harris and Gov. Walz. That’s to be expected," they wrote. "The alternative, however, is simply untenable.”

The group condemned Trump's policies and Project 2025, a proposed blueprint by the Heritage Foundation for a second Trump term that the former president has sought to distance himself from, saying those proposals "will hurt real, everyday people and weaken our sacred institutions."

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

"Of course, we have plenty of honest, ideological disagreements with Vice President Harris and Gov. Walz. That’s to be expected," they wrote. "The alternative, however, is simply untenable.”

When you look at the threat to democracy, and the way that Trump himself flops around on policy and drags the GOP along with him I would argue this is the closest an American election has come to not really being about policy at all.

Why do I say that? Look at the party. The defining characteristic of whether or not a Republican is supporting Trump has almost nothing to do with policy or what they believe in.... it's about whether or not they want a job!

• True 1

36 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'll probably vote for Harris at this point, but don't mistake my vote for unwavering support.  I disagree with many of her policies.  

There's been no human in the history of mankind who I didn't disagree with on many things.

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Can't remember who or where in this thread but I'll just echo the sentiment: Until Nov. 6th Harris can do no wrong and is unimpeachable. After that my gloves will be off.

House Republicans: Hold my beer

Yeah I've never voted for anyone who had my unwavering support.

That's not really how voting works. You vote in the way that is most likely to result in a better outcome relative to the other possible outcomes. Not voting is almost never a viable strategy, especially not on the federal level. Voting for a 3rd party who almost certainly cannot win is similarly a bad strategy and if you want to support third party candidates more, then you need to work toward changing elections to something like ranked voting systems.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The alumni of the three Republican presidential nominees sought to reiterate their opposition to Trump's 2020 re-election in an open letter.

so FNC will say they are really dems, deep state, communists, traitors (with no irony), etc or all of the above

Vice President Kamala Harris's tax proposals pick up the unfinished business of the Biden administration, pushing to raise taxes on corporations and high-income households while leaving most Americans' taxes unchanged or lower.

Harris, the Democratic nominee for president, would increase taxes by about $5 trillion over the next decade and cut other taxes by more than $4 trillion. The federal government's total collections—projected at $63 trillion over 10 years—would be little changed, but the Harris agenda would shift who pays.

Under her plan, taxes would go up sharply on some high-income households, and top marginal tax rates would reach their highest point since 1986. The wealthiest investors and company founders would encounter sizable capital-gains tax bills that they don't face under current law.

Tax policy marks one of the biggest gaps between the two major parties, and even slim congressional majorities could yield enormous differences in corporate profits and household finances—particularly for the richest Americans. Harris hasn't discussed her tax plans in deep detail, but campaign aides indicated her support for President Biden's proposed tax increases and his promise to protect households making under $400,000 from tax increases. That is enough to give a clear sense of where she would head. She rolled out a child tax credit expansion plan earlier this month that went beyond Biden's agenda.

A Democratic sweep of the White House, Senate and House could allow Harris to get many of her fiscal plans enacted, though intraparty disagreements and slim vote margins could prevent the full agenda from becoming law. A 2025 Democratic Senate majority wouldn't include retiring Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, who blocked many of Biden's tax plans in 2021 and 2022. But other Democrats could take their place as a limiting force in a narrowly divided chamber.

Even if Democrats don't win full control of Congress, a Harris administration would be thrust immediately into a tough tax negotiation in 2025 with Republicans: Major pieces of the 2017 tax law expire at the end of next year absent congressional action, an outcome that lawmakers in both parties want to prevent. The expiration could give Harris leverage to demand support for some of her tax priorities. If the president and Congress do nothing, about 62% of households will see their taxes go up in 2026, according to the Tax Foundation.

• stepee 1

44 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'll probably vote for Harris at this point, but don't mistake my vote for unwavering support.  I disagree with many of her policies.  

We’ve known you long enough that I think we all understand what brings you to vote for a Dem. :p 

47 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'll just quote one of the Republicans at the DNC: "You're not voting for a Democrat. You're voting for democracy."

• True 2

16 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Remember to moisturize

Screenshot-20240827-151625-2.png

I saw a comment on, maybe, Reddit that said he looked like a Ren and Stimpy close up and I can't unsee it.

That said, I'm sure the only thing saving me from a similar old age sentence is my Puerto Rican melanin.

• Haha 2

WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

Last year, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. credited a Hollywood actor with opening his mind to the conspiracy theory.

WWW.YAHOO.COM

The Trump campaign isn't denying Robert Kennedy Jr.'s suggestion that the ex-president would take on "chemtrails"

I wonder how it feels for the Trump campaign to have to cuck themselves to an absolute lunatic in a desperate bid to stay relevant.  To anyone with the slightest capacity for self reflection, this must feel like endless chickens coming home to roost.  

• Guillotine 2

3 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Well well well:

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Special counsel Jack Smith has charged former President Donald Trump in a superseding indictment in his federal election interference case.

The superseding indictment retains the four original charges against Trump from the special counsel's original indictment -- but is pared down to adjust to the Supreme Court's ruling.

While the original indictment laid out five ways Trump allegedly obstructed the function of the federal government -- having state election officials change electoral votes, arranging fraudulent slates of electors, using the Department of Justice to conduct "sham" investigations, enlisting the Vice President to obstruct the certification of the election, and exploiting the chaos of the Jan. 6 riot -- the new indictment removes mention of his use of the Department of Justice, which was explicitly mentioned in the Supreme Court's ruling as falling within his official duties.

While the original indictment mentions the Justice Department on over 30 occasions, the new indictment makes no mention of the DOJ. It also reframes the portion of the original indictment outlining that Trump allegedly knew his claims of election fraud were false.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 3

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Can't remember who or where in this thread but I'll just echo the sentiment: Until Nov. 6th Harris can do no wrong and is unimpeachable. After that my gloves will be off.

I would extend that to until Trump is dead and can no longer be nominated for the Presidency, Harris can do no wrong.

In other news:

sSkc1du.png

55iqhn7.png

• stepee 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 3
  • Hype 1

13 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

Last year, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. credited a Hollywood actor with opening his mind to the conspiracy theory.

WWW.YAHOO.COM

The Trump campaign isn't denying Robert Kennedy Jr.'s suggestion that the ex-president would take on "chemtrails"

I wonder how it feels for the Trump campaign to have to cuck themselves to an absolute lunatic in a desperate bid to stay relevant.  To anyone with the slightest capacity for self reflection, this must feel like endless chickens coming home to roost.  

I don't think the GOP cares. Didn't Tennessee Republicans just vote ban chemtrails?

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The bill would prohibit technologies that could modify the atmosphere. But lawmakers’ comments about it toed a line between fact and fiction.

• Guillotine 1

15 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

WWW.YAHOO.COM

This is kind of funny. It feels a little like when 1 or 2 Reps hold the deciding vote on a bill and they have outsized influence on what goes into it. The old "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!".

It's funny because RFK is the one that dropped out, but right now Trump is so desperate to make this shift work that he is being strangely accommodating to him.

It would be funny if RFK comes out and starts setting policy positions and kind of highjacking Trump's campaign cause what's Trump going to do, denounce RFK's endorsement of him? :lol:

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

This is kind of funny. It feels a little like when 1 or 2 Reps hold the deciding vote on a bill and they have outsized influence on what goes into it. The old "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!".

It's funny because RFK is the one that dropped out, but right now Trump is so desperate to make this shift work that he is being strangely accommodating to him.

It would be funny if RFK comes out and starts setting policy positions and kind of highjacking Trump's campaign cause what's Trump going to do, denounce RFK's endorsement of him? :lol:

I have nothing to do with RFK Jr, never met him, couldn't even pick him out of a room. But I wish him all the best on his endeavor of getting me elected. 

Gonna post some stuff on the campaigns strategies moving forward right now. Trump will be campaigning more after barely campaigning this summer.

AMP.CNN.COM

Fresh off a week of daily counterprogramming events and an effort to steal the spotlight from his new opponent, Donald Trump and his campaign are seeking to harness that pace in the lead-up to November — with plans to aggressively ramp up the former president’s schedule, hone his debate skills and cultivate a new ground-game strategy tied to the early...

Trump’s schedule going forward will look a lot more like the past week — when the Republican nominee visited a different battleground each day — than the 20 months that preceded it. Through November, Trump is expected to hold “several events each week, if not daily,” one adviser said, while another predicted the former president will regularly visit two states in a day.

Trump’s accelerated schedule also follows a trying stretch of his campaign. The former president’s erratic response to the change in opponent set off a wave of discussions about the strategy for the new reality. Close allies cautioned Trump to focus on policy over personal attacks and urged him to get in front of voters more often.

Even his choice of where to hold events — visiting deeply red Montana and solidly blue New Jersey while leaving monthlong gaps between stops in key states — sometimes left Republicans scratching their heads.

As for Harris/Walz, they'll be doing their first joint interview this Thursday with CNN:

WWW.CNN.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz will sit with CNN for their first joint interview on Thursday as Democrats work to broaden their base’s excitement from last week’s Democratic National Convention. 

Biden will be with Harris on Labor Day in Pittsburgh, and Harris will also travel to Detroit that same day, while Walz and allies will be part of a Labor Day blitz:

WWW.POLITICO.COM

Harris will travel to Detroit on Monday, before joining Biden in Pittsburgh for a campaign event, a nod to the president’s union bonafides in states like Pennsylvania. Her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, and first lady Gwen Walz will travel to Milwaukee as the city celebrates its annual Laborfest, while second gentlemen Doug Emhoff will attend a Labor Day event in Newport News, Virginia.

The campaign is also deploying surrogates including Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker, Mitch Landrieu, Tom Perez and others to key battleground states like North Carolina, Nevada and Georgia.

The Labor Day travel barrage, coming at the unofficial start of campaign season when most Americans begin paying closer attention to the election, speaks to Harris’ efforts to consolidate the support of labor across battleground states. She is hoping to limit former President Donald Trump’s push for working-class voters who could swing the election. Harris has stressed to union leaders that she plans to forge ahead with Biden’s pro-union agenda, leaning on the administration’s record that has solidified the movement’s close working relationship with the White House that Biden helped build.

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 1

23 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

hopefully he sprints to a heart attack as well

I was going to say that I am not sure any strategy involving Trump and the word "sprint" in it is going to be a good idea for them but if this is really what they are planning than I guess we will see if Trump really has it in him to be jetting round the country for 2 months straight.

• True 1