Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

The special guest was going to be TayTay but someone important at the convention was lurking D1P and saw that the majority opinion here ranged from cool to actively hostile on the idea so they scuttled it at the last second.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • True 1

WWW.CNN.COM

Republican candidates and political groups are on track to spend more on Trump’s businesses this year than any year since 2016, according to a...

Between his three presidential campaigns, Trump and associated political groups have funneled more than $28 million in campaign donations to his businesses – helping convert the enthusiasm of his political supporters into personal profit.

Other Republicans have followed suit, spending millions at Trump’s properties in an apparent attempt to curry favor with the former president and signal their allegiance to him to GOP voters.

You almost have to be impressed with how many layers deep the grifting goes.

I have my own barometer: My father-in-law, who has watched nonstop political news feeds from great stations like Fox News, OAN, Tucker on Youtube, and the like, for the last 10+ years without cease... has suddenly been watching a whole lotta sports and Elvis concerts and absolutely no news.

It's weird, the last thing I saw him watching was Obama giving a speech at the DNC, likely  as it autoplayed from a recommendation...

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2

Anyone see 63-year old Mike Lindell yell at 12-year old child (and I believe social media influencer) Knowa de Baraso at the DNC? Totally normal, yelling Fox News Cinematic Universe facts at a child. Also, Knowa wrecks him. I can't find the full video, which is even better, but here's a snippet. Yelling at children, not weird at all. This is after Mike Lindell live streamed getting his mustache shaved so he could "go undercover" at the DNC. Which obviously didn't work at all. Totally normal, totally cool.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm sure we'll get a thorough fact check on this :silly:

NYT: Mostly true. While some women will be forced to bear their rapists' children, Trump will pay for his victim's abortions without restriction, and they will be paid handsomely for their silence.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

"Nicole Shanahan says they are hesitant to endorse Trump until he takes blame for his administrations reaction to Covid and Operation Warp Speed was a failure"

She said that on the Adam Carolla show (insert Obi Wan "not a name I've heard in a long time" meme).

APNEWS.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris accepted her party’s nomination and offered her policy agenda on DNC's final night. Meanwhile, Republican nominee Donald Trump used a stretch of border wall and a pile of steel beams in Arizona to contrast with Democrats.

2 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Should Harris campaign in Ohio and Florida? If she were to win both of them, it would be a very short Election Night. Not to mention that Trump losing 2 states he won in 2016 and 2020 would be a major blow to MAGAism.

Ohio, no. Florida, yes, especially with abortion/marijuana on the ballot.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

"Nicole Shanahan says they are hesitant to endorse Trump until he takes blame for his administrations reaction to Covid and Operation Warp Speed was a failure"

She said that on the Adam Carolla show (insert Obi Wan "not a name I've heard in a long time" meme).

PA court filings today indicate RFK is endorsing Trump. So, it's done. Probably announced in the next few hours.

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

Should Harris campaign in Ohio and Florida? If she were to win both of them, it would be a very short Election Night. Not to mention that Trump losing 2 states he won in 2016 and 2020 would be a major blow to MAGAism.

There is ZERO chance of Harris winning either Ohio or Florida.

However, that doesn't mean that Walz shouldn't visit Ohio to boost Sherrod Brown if Brown thinks that would be useful for him.

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Ohio, no. Florida, yes, especially with abortion/marijuana on the ballot.

The Harris campaign needs to smack the Florida Dems upside the head about how monumentally stupid it is to want to firewall those campaigns from the candidate campaigns. 

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

PA court filings today indicate RFK is endorsing Trump. So, it's done. Probably announced in the next few hours.

Hopefully this backfires and it turns out most of RFK's support were double haters that will give Kamala a second look since Joe stepping down and RFK dropping out really sharpens the focus of this race into just two choices: Old and Busted, or the New Hotness....

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1