Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OH GOD YES!

It's interesting that the songs that you and I prefer are inherently much more overtly religious than the Star-Spangled Banner!

Religious songs (real ones, not the shitty guitar-playing, flannel-wearing youth pastor ones) can kick ass.

• True 5

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

General Election poll

🔵 Harris 47% (+8)

🔴 Trump 39%

🟡 Kennedy 5%

Bullfinch #C - 1000 RV - 8/21

Damn, give it a couple more months and Trump might have to drop out and endorse RFK instead of the other way around :lol:

So which pollsters are historically accurate, anyway? All these grades but they seem to be off base pretty frequently, at least in my recent memory. Maybe it's the drama of presidential elections vs smaller ones?

9 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

General Election poll

🔵 Harris 47% (+8)

🔴 Trump 39%

🟡 Kennedy 5%

Bullfinch #C - 1000 RV - 8/21

Its probably not too reliable… but its good for the soul….

That being said, what would be the messaging from FOX and the GOP the day after a thorough and overwhelming defeat of Trumpism. The red wave that never came was one thing… but what do the faces of the GOP say the next day after being trounced given they are part of that annihilation.. I hope we get to find out

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

So which pollsters are historically accurate, anyway? All these grades but they seem to be off base pretty frequently, at least in my recent memory. Maybe it's the drama of presidential elections vs smaller ones?

PROJECTS.FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

FiveThirtyEight’s pollster ratings are calculated by analyzing the historical accuracy and methodology of each firm’s polls.

1 minute ago, Pikachu said:

PROJECTS.FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

FiveThirtyEight’s pollster ratings are calculated by analyzing the historical accuracy and methodology of each firm’s polls.

Yeah I was just looking at that, but then I got mad that they give them letter grades but this is out of 3 stars? And one explanation leads to the other? Make it simple for me you jerks!

Also it lists NYT as top dog by default, but SurveyUSA seems more reliable to me since their score is 2.8 while also having 10 times the polls submitted, which seems more on-the-face impressive? 

29 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah I was just looking at that, but then I got mad that they give them letter grades but this is out of 3 stars? And one explanation leads to the other? Make it simple for me you jerks!

Also it lists NYT as top dog by default, but SurveyUSA seems more reliable to me since their score is 2.8 while also having 10 times the polls submitted, which seems more on-the-face impressive? 

If you prefer grades, here is Nate Silver's rankings:

WWW.NATESILVER.NET

They're back, baby — fully updated and ready to go for 2024.

1 minute ago, Pikachu said:

If you prefer grades, here is Nate Silver's rankings:

WWW.NATESILVER.NET

They're back, baby — fully updated and ready to go for 2024.

This only makes me like SurveyUSA more!

CDl6XcS.png

Almost a thousand polls and the only pollster on the list with 0 bias, which I feel is really important for... you know, accuracy and stuff.