Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

These people are so goddamn weird

They are legit assholes who revel in assholery without thinking. Like they try to think what's the cruelist, most asshole thing I can say in the moment and they say that. It's why they resent not being able to casually toss the N-word around in public.

From a CNN/Politico discussion panel with Pelosi:

Pelosi seems to hold visible disdain for Kathy Hochul. She blamed the 2022 House losses on the "gubernatorial race" and, when asked, said she had not discussed the 2024 races with Hochul. She says she's only spoken to the "future speaker of the House," Hakeem Jeffries.

26 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

General Election poll

Harris 49% (+6)

Trump 43%

Kennedy 7%

H2H

Harris 53% (+6)

Trump 47%

Outward #N/A - 1867 LV - 8/22

42 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:
NEWS.GALLUP.COM

Kamala Harris is enjoying increases in her favorable and job approval ratings, particularly among Democrats.

Harris is up to 47% approval from 34 in June.  Trump has fallen to 41% from 46, and Biden is back to 40% from 37.  Vance is at a rock solid 31% approval.

You know the media is really accepting the Republicans claims that this a "sugar high/honeymoon phase" for Harris. Not even simply amplifying it, but taking it as a given.

I am usually a pretty pragmatic person myself, but ya know what....our candidate is strong, the vibe is great, the crowds are still large and energetic, and there's barely more than two months to the election. If there was ever a time to buy into the notion that perception is reality I think this is it.

The Dems do NOT have to accept that this is just a honeymoon period. And Dems do NOT have to accept that the race is going to "even out". I think Dems should go out there and say this party is only going to get bigger and more amazing as the weeks go by, and if you don't think so prove us wrong!

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

You know the media is really accepting the Republicans claims that this a "sugar high/honeymoon phase" for Harris. Not even simply amplifying it, but taking it as a given.

I am usually a pretty pragmatic person myself, but ya know what....our candidate is strong, the vibe is great, the crowds are still large and energetic, and there's barely more than two months to the election. If there was ever a time to buy into the notion that perception is reality I think this is it.

The Dems do NOT have to accept that this is just a honeymoon period. And Dems do NOT have to accept that the race is going to "even out". I think Dems should go out there and say this party is only going to get bigger and more amazing as the weeks go by, and if you don't think so prove us wrong!

I'd argue its her floor, the sugar high might be after the convention when she bumps up, we're still months out, and i see no reason to expect a Dem to get less than 48% of the popular vote in November, its whether she gets to 49 or higher that really determines if she wins.

eMo1hoX.png

If we're talking entertainer, then I think Beyonce or Taylor Swift are the two likeliest.  If we're talking political/media figure...I don't know. Pence? I don't think they'd bring GWB in. It would be great to have him say he's voting for Harris over Trump, but I don't want him near the Democrats, he's still an evil man. 

• stepee 1
  • True 1

22 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

If this was March, I would agree it’s likely a honeymoon period. But it’s nearly September. I live in Oregon, and will likely get my ballot in the mail 5-6 weeks from now. Even if were a honeymoon period, the election is going to happen before its over.

Also, politics is often about the right candidate at the right moment. I think that’s what we’re seeing right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

eMo1hoX.png

If we're talking entertainer, then I think Beyonce or Taylor Swift are the two likeliest.  If we're talking political/media figure...I don't know. Pence? I don't think they'd bring GWB in. It would be great to have him say he's voting for Harris over Trump, but I don't want him near the Democrats, he's still an evil man. 

Mitt Romney just popped into my head as well.

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

eMo1hoX.png

I dunno if I want Pence's endorsement with how closely associated he is with the anti-choice movement. It may scare many pro-choicers, I feel.

• True 1

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Maybe it’s an ouija board and they’re going to summon the ghost of Ronald Reagan. 

Just like the Rs summon him in that stupid fucking YouTube ad I keep seeing.

I think a prominent Republican, even a former president like GWB, would do nothing but stroke Democrat’s ego. It wouldn’t break through. I don’t even think Beyoncé would, since I believe she publicly supported Hillary? I think Taylor Swift is about the only one who could do it.

6 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

At this point if it's not Taylor Swift, everyone will be disappointed. 

I understand that she’s incredibly popular and would do good for the ticket but like any mega-famous pop star she is vapid and boring. 

• stepee 1
  • Guillotine 1

WWW.TEXASTRIBUNE.ORG

The poll is among the first to measure where things stand in Texas since President Joe Biden dropped his reelection bid last month.

This was posted earlier, but not bad at all. I don't expect Harris to take Texas, but it would be neat to see the Senate really close. 

• stepee 1

4 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

I understand that she’s incredibly popular and would do good for the ticket but like any mega-famous pop star she is vapid and boring. 

No. You don't get it. If Taylor Swift says to do something, her legions of mid-women will do it. It's a fuckin' cult.

• stepee 1
  • True 3

18 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

She is vapid and boring, but she also has the world's attention span by the balls. Anything she says, goes. The end.